Potential multiplayer skins leak

Users who are viewing this thread

If there is a slight microtransaction in this i am out, for good. If its absolutely free, and something like mercenaries or crpg idea, i am all in. Or maybe its the class customisation as we are having it in warband. We will see

I wouldn't hold on to much hope. If they're labelling it as a store, then it will most likely have microtransactions. I could be wrong, but it seems unlikely that I am.

Goldfire223 said:
Wow, so far everyone is taking this information really well. I was expecting a lot more push back and rage from Warband Multiplayer veterans about the inclusion of cosmetics skins and microtransactions in multiplayer Bannerlord.

Why get angry and push back?

If people did its not like the devs would listen and act on the complaints. People who post on this forum represent only a small fraction of the games customers and the inclusion of micro transactions would almost certainly make up for a small percentage of them leaving as customers with the profit from other customers paying for skins etc. I would also argue that even people who hate micro transactions but are warband veterans would probably still buy the game anyway.

Secondly there's no point getting angry about something that at this stage is just interesting speculation, tantrums are never productive and there might not be any micro transactions or if there are as other users have pointed out they may be accessible with in game currency/xp. 

i expect the cosmetic system to be tied to class, similar to apex legends or overwatch(?). in this case, it is very important that players will be able to distinguish different classes from each other by their looks.

To me, stuff obviously bought with microtransactions tells me that you're just trying to buy your way to recognition, and that usually means that you're too inept to earn such recognition on your own merits.  If it's something that you can't get in the game until Level X, but you can pay to get it at X-5 or something, then I can at least let it pass without making fun of the buyer.  At that level, there's at least got to be some competence there.

Goldfire223 said:
Wow, so far everyone is taking this information really well. I was expecting a lot more push back and rage from Warband Multiplayer veterans about the inclusion of cosmetics skins and microtransactions in multiplayer Bannerlord.
Well, many, or dare i say, most of Warband veterans are in their late twenties-early thirties, so we don't have the same mentality as teenagers, maybe that't one of the reason for this usualy flamey topic having such a civil discussion (for now).
Another reason might be because majority of players are males here, and because of the previous reason (our age), many of us have female partners (most common) and some have wifes.
Taleworlds is like your wife. You can tell her exactly what's wrong with your car and needs fixing, but she will ether not listen or have a "whatever, but are we going to the seaside this year" face.
You can start fights with your wife, but can never win one.

Honved said:
To me, stuff obviously bought with microtransactions tells me that you're just trying to buy your way to recognition, and that usually means that you're too inept to earn such recognition on your own merits.  If it's something that you can't get in the game until Level X, but you can pay to get it at X-5 or something, then I can at least let it pass without making fun of the buyer.  At that level, there's at least got to be some competence there.

Yes, like i said before there should be a clear distinction between bought skins and earned skins. While some skins can be bought, most of them (including the bought skin) can be unlocked through experience.
Piconi said:
Goldfire223 said:
Well, many, or dare i say, most of Warband veterans are in their late twenties-early thirties, so we don't have the same mentality as teenagers, maybe that't one of the reason for this usualy flamey topic having such a civil discussion (for now).
Another reason might be because majority of players are males here, and because of the previous reason (our age), many of us have female partners (most common) and some have wifes.
Taleworlds is like your wife. You can tell her exactly what's wrong with your car and needs fixing, but she will ether not listen or have a "whatever, but are we going to the seaside this year" face.
You can fight with your wife, but can never win one.
Accurate analogy between the community and taleworlds for the past few weeks/months.

Knez said:
If there is a slight microtransaction in this i am out, for good. If its absolutely free, and something like mercenaries or crpg idea, i am all in. Or maybe its the class customisation as we are having it in warband. We will see

I would still buy the game, but if it does turn out to be paying real money for anything, even purely cosmetic things, I will be greatly disappointed in Taleworlds, and won't buy any such things. It would make a mockery of their justification for the current system limiting player choice. I haven't come around to thinking it was a great idea to have the perk system and probably never will, but I had accepted the possibility that their stated ideas of why it would be beneficial could be correct, and had accepted that it was here to stay. In short, I had put that behind me. But if it turns out to be part of a scheme to milk fans for cash then that is a whole new reason to cry foul, especially as they have stated that the change was to benefit players.

I really do hope that this discovery proves to be a free progression reward system, as others have mused.

DanAngleland said:
Knez said:

I would still buy the game, but if it does turn out to be paying real money for anything, even purely cosmetic things, I will be greatly disappointed in Taleworlds, and won't buy any such things. It would make a mockery of their justification for the current system limiting player choice. I haven't come around to thinking it was a great idea to have the perk system, but I had accepted it and put that behind me, but if it turns out to be part of a scheme to milk fans for cash then that is a whole new reason to cry foul, especially as they have stated that the change was to benefit players.

I really do hope that this discovery proves to be a free progression reward system, as others have mused.

It was a mockery to warband to start with. A clear downgrade. But like i said in the "OP" post,
Younes said:
1) Did Taleworlds base their multiplayer customization design deliberately around skins?

I fear this might be the reason why. All the arguments from taleworlds to not implement back the old system with perhaps a new gold system were debunked but they still don't care about the countless pages of people proving them wrong.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, the skins could be a byproduct of the new system and not the other way around, but given how things are nowadays....

I seriously hope™ they dont mess this up. I'm fine with the class system for the most part, but this certainly can taint this game for me (Or the MP at the very least)

Piconi said:
Brandis. said:
I'm fine with a progression/gold system similar to Mordhau or Overwatch. Just as long as there is no in game impact from purchased items or any cosmetics being behind a paywall (well, at least the vast majority). If I can get the items for free by grinding the game, I'm fine with people spending money to get the items faster.

I just hope that we're able to choose each item individually, such as what helmet we'd like to wear from the skins we have available.
Even if there is in game impact, as long as it is rank locked, and could be earned by playing as well, i'm good.
I wouldn't want to be level 60 and seeing lvl 6 wearing same outfit and perks as i do just because he bought it straight away, i want to have him unlock that outfit by, lets say rank 50, in order to be able to purchase it in the first place.
Either that, or make rank skipping very very expensive.

I have a mixed reaction to this. Considering that I'm Lv54 in the beta, I don't think I'll have much issue grinding potential items/skins, but I think it could make the game less accessible to new players. Imagine if you're a new player and someone is using equipment you can't and stomping you. They would probably blame the equipment even though they probably would have lost with any equipment. 

On the other hand, if it added more classes/perks to multiplayer I'd be all for that.

It looks suspicious to me. An ingame store is nothing I would like to support, even if it is just by buying the game for singleplayer.

Hopefully it is some form of progression system for the multiplayer.

Taleworlds has not been greedy so far, hardly asking for money at all. No mass of overpriced DCLs for M&B1 or preorder for Bannerlord, more or less nothing, but some nice addons for their games.
I really do not know how to interpred this, it looks like an store, but this is not how Taleworlds handeld things so far.

Note: I made a thread at steam linking to this one. In case you wonder. If you want me to remove it or change, just say it. Here the steam thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/261550/discussions/0/1660069015248902368/

Taleworlds has to play their cards right, if they do it wrong people will just make a native remake inspired from this hate towards the store. With more customization and features, with people who care and listen to the community.

I strongly doubt that TW will sell skins/classes. I don't think that's a good DLC model for this game and I'm sure even they get that  :razz:

However, I would be really annoyed if they think that skins are somehow a valid substitute for an alternative gear system, or if they think that the inclusion of skins somehow prohibits the inclusion of one.

I don't really care about cosmetics. They're... Well, cosmetics. No impact in gameplay. Valve handles this really well. Cosmetics that pay for future free content.

My only concern is that they might encrypt the DLLs after this leak and kill a huge chunk of modding or, at least, make it considerably harder.

Z0mbiN3 said:
I don't really care about cosmetics. They're... Well, cosmetics. No impact in gameplay. Valve handles this really well. Cosmetics that pay for future free content.

My only concern is that they might encrypt the DLLs after this leak and kill a huge chunk of modding or, at least, make it considerably harder.

Unencrpyted DLLs will probably only be for the beta. I think their final build at release will be way different. I have backed up their old libraries and changes each patch are significant.
And exploits have been found in their libraries, the giant exploit for example was reported and was because of an exploit in the libraries. If this exploit was revealed later, when the game was released it would have significant bigger impact since there would be a massive population of players experiencing this while now its only the beta stage.

I wouldn't actually consider this leak to be wrong. For these kind of threads are giving useful information to taleworlds before actually revealing it. They might have gone full micro transaction but after reading this might reconsider it because remember, we do not fully know to what extend, except them.

I want to think positive and remain skeptical (despite interesting the subject is). A system of skins so that these are achievable after paying with xp or not real money accumulated after x time played; no problem. If this is not the case, Troy will burn.  :roll:

Younes said:
Z0mbiN3 said:

Unencrpyted DLLs will probably only be for the beta. I think their final build at release will be way different. I have backed up their old libraries and changes each patch are significant.
And exploits have been found in their libraries, the giant exploit for example was reported and was because of an exploit in the libraries. If this exploit was revealed later, when the game was released it would have significant bigger impact since there would be a massive population of players experiencing this while now its only the beta stage.

I wouldn't actually consider this leak to be wrong. For these kind of threads are giving useful information to taleworlds before actually revealing it. They might have gone full micro transaction but after reading this might reconsider it because remember, we do not fully know to what extend, except them.

I highly doubt TW will encrypt/obfuscate their DLLs. Doing so would have a large negative impact on modding (submodules). The reason why the giant exploit worked was because there was no server-side validation for it. To put this in simpler terms, the client told the server "I am x meters tall". The server, received this information and because there was no server-side validation, decided "Okay, you are x meters tall" and forwarded this data to the other connected clients.

While encrypting/obfuscating DLLs would provide an added layer of security, it will not prevent exploits.

Cochus1 said:
didnt know Bannerlord was programmed in C#

It isn't.

Younes said:
Z0mbiN3 said:

No, I consider it a good thing. Break the game now that it is in a closed beta, so that it may be fixed before the wider early access.

But I don't think Taleworlds is taking this finding too kindly, seeing as they have revealed absolutely nothing of the sorts, at all, despite having clear intentions for it. Wanting to delay some sort of backslash, I guess.

Or maybe we end all getting surprised by a completely free cosmetics-leveling system akin to Mordhau. But by the naming of some variables you show, I sincerely doubt it.

Ster said:
Younes said:
Z0mbiN3 said:
-snip-

I highly doubt TW will encrypt/obfuscate their DLLs. Doing so would have a large negative impact on modding (submodules). The reason why the giant exploit worked was because there was no server-side validation for it. To put this in simpler terms, the client told the server "I am x meters tall". The server, received this information and because there was no server-side validation, decided "Okay, you are x meters tall" and forwarded this data to the other connected clients.

While encrypting/obfuscating DLLs would provide an added layer of security, it will not prevent exploits.

Exactly. Anyone decent at reverse engineering would be able to exploit things even with encryption. However at the same time encryption would severely slow down, delay and harm any possible script extenders.

Back
Top Bottom