PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RumbleBee said:
:shock:
Anyone know how to fix a worn out key? F5 to be exact.

I too would like to know... FOR A FRIEND!  :oops:

Syzion, MitchyMatt, redsimon, _Varnon_, Aedesia, Brunio, Hedin, sher, ichigo2910, xxgodsmack, Gaurwaith5, Tiberivs, Indus, krisvk, grimm4, zaji1911, KarlXII, Avyntix, Ry1459, Hinkl, Jancnahn, Lagstro, elgroovo, T.L.S. (+ 1 Hidden) and 106 Guests are viewing this board.

Hey guys, love your work.

I play on Steam and had a 800 day playthrough - woke up this morning and PoP now shows up blank (no name) in the launcher, which has also broken the link to my save files. I pasted them in the the new save game folder (which it generated after I started a new game and saved it). This won't work due to incompatibility however.

I had no download notice for the update so it was rather confusing at first. I know it likely won't be, but any chance my 3.8 save file could be tweaked to work with 3.9?
I was just in the process of waiting several years to build a CKO so 3.9 is a gift from above.

Thanks!

But it wasnt clear as you could literally walk over the river. I asked that a bridge should be added there, and snouz delivered, not only to avoid player going over a river, but also so that players know about this passage (I didnt realize it until i had 200 days on (in 3.7)... until I saw one of my kingdom's caravans go through there and i was shocked, tried myself and lol, there was a hidden path between the mountains.

st_ryder said:
So which faction got the biggest boost?

Fierds, while they lost fierd warriors they got 2 levels of spearwomen, a higher level huscarl(that only has their excellent axes) and the whole skirmisher line revamped. I don't think they got much of a boost in terms auto calculations but in the field they got a big improvement.

3. NOLDOR
- "defense bonus" (x2), when player autoresolve battle against them

Does this mean they used to have a defense bonus that made autoresolve harder, and it is now removed, or that they now have a new defense bonus to make autoresolving harder?

st_ryder said:
So which faction got the biggest boost?

As for troop trees, Fierdsvain, it received the most changes. It lost 3 troops, 2 of these very mediocre to gain 5 new ones, which are more solid choices. All kingdoms (including Pendor's) received troop changes, with all of them except the D'Shar receiving some troop tree structure change)
As for recruitment templates (looked at for Pendor's balance), D'Shar received big buffs, Ravenstern was slightly nerfed, Sarleon remains almost identical (changes most of its Squires for the new Sarleon Cavalry), Pendor received big buffs, Fierdsvain... is hard to say, fewer numbers (specially on elite troops) but overall troops are stronger, and my favorite, the Empire, was nerfed.

Thrannduil said:
3. NOLDOR
- "defense bonus" (x2), when player autoresolve battle against them

Does this mean they used to have a defense bonus that made autoresolve harder, and it is now removed, or that they now have a new defense bonus to make autoresolving harder?

That means that dont use autocalc against them (unless its just to finish them off, and still its better without autocalc). Double defense value means a waaay higher autocalc performance, around 5-10 times stronger someone calculated, depending on the troop

Ralyks said:
That means that dont use autocalc against them (unless its just to finish them off, and still its better without autocalc). Double defense value means a waaay higher autocalc performance, around 5-10 times stronger someone calculated, depending on the troop

I'm asking whether that was added this patch, or removed this patch, as that section is poorly worded as to what they actually did to it in 3.9 vs 3.8.

Evvv said:
It was fixed this patch - always was in but was broken.

Sorry, but by that do you mean it was fixed by being removed, or fixed as in the effect/value of the defense modifier was corrected from a previously wrong effect?

Or put another way, is it better or worse to autocalc Noldor in 3.9 vs earlier versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom