PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorvex said:
Gilcimarrb said:
k0nr@d said:
Hold CTRL (or Shift, don't remember atm) and upgrade the whole stack in one go. Unless you are talking about 99 stacks of different troops.

1. I'm talking about 99 stacks of differents troops.

2. Change subject, is it possible to gain more XP when I encrease the difficulty level?
1. How do you expect to upgrade 99 different stacks of troops at one go, when each one of them can have multiple upgrade paths? Who will decide for that? :???:

2. No.

01 - I thought of two methods: first, the system does this automatically, randomly choosing the classes; or second, create a menu of options for the player to set all updates for a class only, in cases where there is more than one update option.

But of course, this is just a suggestion, which would make the game faster and less tiring.

02 - Thanks for the reply. Well, that could reward gamers who play at the most difficult level. If there were such a possibility, it would be interesting to balance the more difficult levels with higher experiences.

Thank you for help me.

Gilcimarrb said:
01 - I thought of two methods: first, the system does this automatically, randomly choosing the classes; or second, create a menu of options for the player to set all updates for a class only, in cases where there is more than one update option.

But of course, this is just a suggestion, which would make the game faster and less tiring.

02 - Thanks for the reply. Well, that could reward gamers who play at the most difficult level. If there were such a possibility, it would be interesting to balance the more difficult levels with higher experiences.

1. Hm... like I always thought this wasnt an issue, like you take at most 20 seconds to upgrade 150 upgradeable (meaning they can be upgraded AND that they got the exp to do it) troops, divided into 20 different types of troops... and this only happens late game, as early your party is smaller and on battles, often you get exp from battles just to upgrade a few of those troops.

Making random upgrades because you cant waste 20 seconds of your precious time... idk, not something I gotta agree with. If you want your troops to be randomly upgraded, then place them on a garrison where the steward has high training. I think the coding in this is harder and may cause some extra bugs (like the few that were reported on the advanced management that was added on 3.9) for the little gain it can be obtained...

Like I repeat, I liked the warband system, the . But then in 3.9, Leonion management system was also added, which for most, i felt good about. But this is bit pointless imo, but I can't stand against adding it as an option, but this time, its not something i can support.

If this "stresses" you out this much, then try to have less variety of upgradeable troops.

2. The reward is the challenge. If you get more exp just for raising difficulty... then it is easier to level up and thus end up the game faster? I dont see the logic on "harder difficulty results on more free level ups". If you think "challenge is not a reward", then you're wrong to think that there should be a reward for taking "hard" difficulty and a handicap if you take "easy", when it should be the other way round.

Gilcimarrb said:

Thank you for help me.
Pretty much what @Ralyks said, I can't add much more.

1. Random upgrade routines would be painful to have (as they would work against your plans to achieve certain troop type ratios), and there's already the training ground's auto training for that if you want to use it. And for the second option, don't you think that it would take more time to configure the upgrade processes in that options menu each time you change your mind, than just manually click on a few stacks? And it's just a matter of seconds anyway, really...

2. Hard difficulty has it's own merit and purpose, and that is the enhanced gameplay/mechanics and the self-accomplishment you achieve while doing so. Plus hardest difficulty is not that big of a deal at all, so I don't feel the need to "earn" any extra experience points for my deeds. Lvl 50 is already reachable by the endgame if you have an archer character and you pew-pew a lot like a machine gun, especially in siege defenses. That '50' feels like a nice level cap actually, and you certainly don't need the level ups beyond that, as you are plenty powerful by that time. And for every other type of character build, level 45-47 is absolutely reachable as well before calling gg.

And I agree with @Lord Irontoe, I also find the process of upgrading my troops a pleasure, not a tiring and boring action as you described.

Guys, it's just a suggest.

It's not talk about my or our precious time or how streciful it can be upgrad the troops. But it was a little suggest that, in my opinion, my little opinion (because I'm not a program, even today I don't understand how you, guys, do something great in PoP), can contribuity  to the game.

Nevertheless, I thank you all of you to share your point of view.

And, now, I'm gonna expend more 500 our in 3.9

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, GUYS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom