PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
El_Rosado said:
1. Reloading game doesn't change outcomes of some events, e.g. asking travelers for treasure chests like the Red Brotherhood one, chance of capture the Qualis Gem heroes, ......

How is this affected by prisoner management if at all? When they spawn is your skill checked? Having trouble understanding how this will play out.

Prisoner management increases the chance to capture the hero so I think the game throws the dice once to decide if you get the hero or not and then you get the same result no matter how many times you reload.

El_Rosado said:
1. Reloading game doesn't change outcomes of some events, e.g. asking travelers for treasure chests like the Red Brotherhood one, chance of capture the Qualis Gem heroes, ......

How is this affected by prisoner management if at all? When they spawn is your skill checked? Having trouble understanding how this will play out.
How capture NPC works:
1. check player prisoner_management_skill (e.g. 8 )
2. multiple it by 5 (5x8=40)
3. add random number between 0 and 99 (e.g. 30, so 5x8+30=70)
4. if this number >=60 then NPC is captured

In 3.9 value from point 3 is known in advance.

Basically with 10 points in prisoner management is hard to not to catch NPC, so don't worry too much.

i just gotta say im really excited for 3.9, this and AWOIAF are my favorite mods by faaaar.

Thank you devs for the hundreds of hours of enjoyment. this mod was probably my first serious playthrough with no cheats. :')

k0nr@d said:
How capture NPC works:
1. check player prisoner_management_skill (e.g. 8 )
2. multiple it by 5 (5x8=40)
3. add random number between 0 and 99 (e.g. 30, so 5x8+30=70)
4. if this number >=60 then NPC is captured

In 3.9 value from point 3 is known in advance.

Basically with 10 points in prisoner management is hard to not to catch NPC, so don't worry too much.

Makes sense now, thanks. I'll admit that I initially overreacted to the new system, but it seems fair to me now.

Mr. Ape said:
Eagerly awaiting the update. Gonna roll Valkyrie for the first time.
I was thinking of doing something similar, mainly because I rarely play with a female character and that new golden-winged Valkyrie helmet looks really awesome :razz:

Big "thank you" to the Chinese community for translating 3.9.

O0vgH2c.png

Added under gameplay:

26. Added "enhanced horse archers AI" to the "POP options" menu. Disabled by default as it is very powerful and may be enabled by player manually. Options are: "NPCs only" (e.g. companions, unique spawn leaders, lords), "All units".

Aedesia said:
Is the horse archer AI considered balanced by the dev team? (with respect to unit costs and levels)

If you use AI on all units. Horse Archers will become much more effective at killing, which is an understatement. This is until they run out of arrows.

If you use it on NPCs (lords, heroes etc) it will make them like above^

It does not affect cost

MitchyMatt said:
Added under gameplay:

26. Added "enhanced horse archers AI" to the "POP options" menu. Disabled by default as it is very powerful and may be enabled by player manually. Options are: "NPCs only" (e.g. companions, unique spawn leaders, lords), "All units".
Sweet, thank you guys! Built-in customization of features is always welcomed, and I'm glad you didn't exclude any of the 3 main possibilities, so players can set it however they like! :grin: Combined with Brainy Bots mod, "annoying OP AI" playthrough here I come! :iamamoron:

Gorvex said:
MitchyMatt said:
Added under gameplay:

Sweet, thank you guys! Built-in customization of features is always welcomed, and I'm glad you didn't exclude any of the 3 main possibilities, so players can set it however they like! :grin: Combined with Brainy Bots mod, "annoying OP AI" playthrough here I come! :iamamoron:
Here I go kung-fu world :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom