Poll: What does the mod need to be perfect? Make suggestions!

What in your opinion could make this mod perfect?

• New quests

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • New Scripts

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • New Npc's

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • New equipment(Arms&Armour)

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • Nothing

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

very true dont like it dont play atleast post back and tell him what he can do to imrpove it thats the whole point.... He did mention on the main page that this is his first mod... -.- xD

hunterman52 said:
very true dont like it dont play atleast post back and tell him what he can do to imrpove it thats the whole point.... He did mention on the main page that this is his first mod... -.- xD

Aye, but he won't change anything! Not even gie us a few kite shields!

Though a number of things have been suggested by myself and others there seems to be no positive response.

lol if you really want it learn to model and texture :p.... but he is very busy and so am i im sure you will understand if you look at the bottom of his post click on eurpeon 1080 then you wil see are new mod xD

If you don't like the mod, stop, posting.

All your comments were unhelpful... I will change nothing of what you suggested. I propose to leave this sub-board, if you have nothing more to say!  :wink:

Out of sheer curiosity, Dimos, why did you chose a 1080 date if you want your mod to look nothing like a 1080 setting ?
I mean,you're fully within you rights to make an anachronistic mod, but you should make it clear, for a lot of people will flock to this subforum expecting to find period equipment, or at least wishing it to be implemented at some point of the development of the mod...

first things first... Dimos isn't british and he isn't a historian so he doesn't know everything about british history of the time. he doen well for his first mod. and hes very busy at the moment and hasn't had the time to impliment new items/armour and such. if you really want them in, get the codes and resources and textures and add them yourself. it's not hard. and if you do find it har there are many tutorials.

D1SC0 N1NJ4 said:
hes very busy at the moment and hasn't had the time to impliment new items/armour and such.

hmmm...

"I will change nothing of what you suggested"  doesn't really sound like "I don't have time for now"
Hence my assumption that he doesn't *want* it to be historical.
(that, and the armour thread...)

yeah but i've been with this mod for a long while. ever since the first beta. and i know Dimos is very busy at the moment with his other mod. he changed stuff from the beta and made stuff better. and after his other mod is done he might tweak things in this mod. but for now it will stay as is.

I just downloaded the game myself, but I would like to suggest a different map layout. That would make this mod most unique. I've only seen one other mod that had a different map layout than the Native module. I understand that is a pretty tough thing to make, and it takes quite a bit of time, but I think it would benefit this mod greatly.

What?

The mod has the most accurate map of Britain ever made... I and Galus Domesticus worked on it and made a great job, I can say!

What do you propose, I haven't understood! ??? !!!!

It seems to me map could be more accurate yet. You could use Hebrides and Orkney for Viking settlements too. Shettlland are too distant I think. I like the large maps but it seems to me this map is too large. I think it could be all lesser for about 25-30% and still it would be large enough. In current stadium this map is too empty and when you want to do some trading you have to go and do and go and you still aren´t at the needed place. I think it would be good if only original names of towns and castles would be used and not from the basic game. The more historical accuracy the better. There is a lot of various mods here which consider itself to be "historical" but they aren´t or only a little. For Vikings´ settlements you used here type of towns which I consider a southern type of towns, almost as oriental type and I have problem to accept them as a Vikings´ settlements. And it seems to me all the movement on the map is somehow slower than in the basic game and in another mods and it causes the game seems to me somehow more and tedious than basic game and some another mods. Glasgow is in the middle of green land on the map but in town is snow. Could you somehow replace the riding acrros the sea with some little boats on the map or something like that? It would look much better. Some woden villages look very nice just like from 11th century. It would be good if the traders would have more money. And it seems to me I can´t escape almost to anybody on the map. Are the speeds of movement of various units on the map well ballanced? And it seems to me the basic game and all mods so far have some substantional shortcoming. The rewards and experiential points for quests are too small and nothing force anybody to fulfil them. If the quests  would be more rewarded all the game would be more entertaining yet. And if some good plot and  a long quest would be added into the game it would be the best thing of all. :wink:

Oh, I forgot something. This big red headline Britannia 1080 at every menu screen looks really terribly. Could you create something more decent if you need to have your name here?  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom