Poll: To What Degree do you Roleplay Your Character?

How Deeply Do You Roleplay Your Character When You Play?

• I don't really get into my character. For me, this is just an interesting battle simulator.

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • I do identify with my character to some extent - his background and culture etc.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I actually try to think up a background story for my character.

Votes: 33 39.8%
  • I have hand-crafted my own Battanian fur battle-pants which hang ready, next to my PC.

Votes: 7 8.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
So I was wondering how into it you get with your character when you play?

My deepest experience of properly roleplaying in a game was in Age of Conan: I was an Aquilonian assassin and utterly loved the experience. (There's nothing quite like having an entire guild in an MMO trying to hunt just you because you're such a menace to them!)

So what about you when you play Bannerlord...?

Last edited:
Oh I use captivity events mod and I role play a hot female warlord who likes to keep her men morale high using her supreme skills and sometimes being quite a broken slave enjoying her prison experience while in captivity in some Empire town

Oh I use captivity events mod and I role play a hot female warlord who likes to keep her men morale high using her supreme skills and sometimes being quite a broken slave enjoying her prison experience while in captivity in some Empire town
Hahaha .....ooooookay!

I roleplay to set rules on that specific playthrough. If I'm roleplaying a good guy, I wouldn't chop that little kid's neck no matter how juicy and tempting it looks. If I'm not roleplaying as a smith I wouldn't smith at all, etc. When interesting events happen, I'd make up a little story (in my head) about it and that's it. That's the extent of "how into it" I am. I don't write anything down or make up an elaborate backstory. The game is currently not rich enough for that to be feasible.

Is the bandit path implemented yet?

The game doesn't really let you roleplay. Your traits decide next to nothing and in quests you often have two options: complete quest and get money or fail quest (the exception is a quest Revenue farming, where you can actually be either a complete ******* or a noble good Samaritan and you may still complete the quest both ways).

Even NPC lords with different traits are all alike - they vote unanimously, kind and caring lords want to kill that weak faction as much as the bloodthirsty cruel one.

Roleplaying system in the game is, as some people call it, half-baked now. I'd even say it is unbaked and bare-bones. So I really find it hard to roleplay in Bannerlord at the moment.

I roleplay to set rules on that specific playthrough. If I'm roleplaying a good guy, I wouldn't chop that little kid's neck no matter how juicy and tempting it looks. If I'm not roleplaying as a smith I wouldn't smith at all, etc. When interesting events happen, I'd make up a little story (in my head) about it and that's it. That's the extent of "how into it" I am. I don't write anything down or make up an elaborate backstory. The game is currently not rich enough for that to be feasible.

Is the bandit path implemented yet?
Response to your friends question - not yet ;(

Roleplaying system in the game is, as some people call it, half-baked now. I'd even say it is unbaked and bare-bones.
giphy.gif

I roleplay as much as the game let's me, which is very little. And that sucks.
Roleplaying is only as limited as your imagination, regardless of how poor the RP elements in the game are... (it just takes more imagination).
giphy.gif

My attitude is missing. I give him culture appropriate equipment - except when some gear is OP like fian bracers or the suede boots.

I do try to roleplay but it's almost entirely in my imagination. Never try to "cheese" the game, try to play in a way that feels sort of 'realistic'.

I try to think up a character background and try to roleplay my character in a particular way. A mercenary leader - leading a group using only crossbows and joining in with the Kingdoms armies while they battle, I tried to create a rogue character once and attempted to rule the alleyways in the cities, a smith that would craft a legendary blade that he would pass down down to his family members through the generations, a merchant to create a mercantile Empire (alot of these elements in the game is currently half-baked as mentioned above).

I was hoping that they would start out this way, and then I would fall into a Lordship role. But I was always disappointed. this game feels pretty linear at the moment and I feel it expects you to follow a particular path. I figured that if I wanted these kind of experiences, I would have to use mods instead. Thank God for mods in this game. So far my best experience is with the "Be a Soldier" mod (probably my longest playthrough).

its hard to roleplay when your world is uninspired, generic and empty. without a spade and a bucket in the sandpit, your imagination can only take you so far.

in the end its only sand- it has no substance and gets everywhere.

Well, one option in the poll is missing... improvisation.
I only decide the culture and skills but other than that I never "plan" anything.
Then I kinda roleplay the character, trying to do my best in different encounters etc.
Another thing is that I never save scum and accept all the consequences... Too bad dead in battle for main character is not a thing...

I start with a basic backstory, then fill in the details as I go, according to how the game plays out. There are things that one character will do that another won't, and vice versa, but it's ultimately mostly in my head, since the game provides very little reinforcement for RP.

It's more than just a battle generator, but not by much.

The game doesn't really let you roleplay. Your traits decide next to nothing and in quests you often have two options: complete quest and get money or fail quest (the exception is a quest Revenue farming, where you can actually be either a complete ******* or a noble good Samaritan and you may still complete the quest both ways).

Even NPC lords with different traits are all alike - they vote unanimously, kind and caring lords want to kill that weak faction as much as the bloodthirsty cruel one.

Roleplaying system in the game is, as some people call it, half-baked now. I'd even say it is unbaked and bare-bones. So I really find it hard to roleplay in Bannerlord at the moment.
+1

I don't role play at all. I'm a 40+ year old man and I usually make a 20yo girl who murders all her husbands and has like 10 babies(until TW nerf it...).
But I feel the character has come to life on it own over many many games. You see a screen cap with Kegels and you know you're in for some ****ing ??
and shenanigans that probably shouldn't be allowed in the game.
6EAu3.png

I start off strong with a thought out backround, story, and relationships. Everything. But the game is honestly just so dry that mid/late game I just kill everyone.

Back
Top Bottom