POLL: Should players be able to disable the aging mechanic?

Should players be able to turn off aging?

• YES! I don't like it.

Votes: 79 11.5%
  • YES! The game should have options to emulate the legacy titles if the user desires.

Votes: 365 53.2%
  • NO! The game was designed this way on purpose.

Votes: 175 25.5%
  • NO! I like it.

Votes: 67 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

The moment I learned (today) that our characters die of old age is the moment I lost a lot of enthusiasm for this game. I do not want to invest the time in character creation sliders, grinding combat skills, grinding leadership and smithing and all the other things that make our characters powerful only to have them die no matter what I do. Some of these skills take a long time to level. What a waste.

Having children? Great. Let them grow up to be companions or vassals or lords or something. But no aging beyond adulthood, for anyone.

If the devs don't make it an option I'm sure modders will, so I'm not giving up on this game. I'm also not going to be playing it as much as I thought I would, because like I said my enthusiasm dropped.

The few games I have that feature dying of old age don't invest me in the characters so much. Crusader Kings has character portraits. I never felt connected to any of them. I didn't create them, I don't control them in first or third person combat and I don't grind their skills. They aren't me, if that makes any sense. They aren't my avatar I spent time creating and developing over time. In Stellaris your leaders die all the time but you just replace them, and there are ways to make them immortal. Total War was also similar, and in the Warhammer series aging no longer exists (a good thing).

In those games characters are more like replaceable commodities. They are tools you use. They aren't your avatar like in a RPG, and in RPGs like Mount and Blade your characters aren't replaceable commodoties. The concepts are incompatible.

Last edited:
The moment I learned (today) that our characters die of old age is the moment I lost a lot of enthusiasm for this game. I do not want to invest the time in character creation sliders, grinding combat skills, grinding leadership and smithing and all the other things that make our characters powerful only to have them die no matter what I do. Some of these skills take a long time to level. What a waste.

Having children? Great. Let them grow up to be companions or vassals or lords or something. But no aging beyond adulthood, for anyone.

If the devs don't make it an option I'm sure modders will, so I'm not giving up on this game. I'm also not going to be playing it as much as I thought I would, because like I said my enthusiasm dropped.

Speed up aging by 3x, skill/level ups by 5x on average, delay AI snowball until 100 years for one ai to take over Calridia without player intervention, and give players the ability to turn off death by old age.

Speed up aging by 3x, skill/level ups by 5x on average, delay AI snowball until 100 years for one ai to take over Calridia without player intervention, and give players the ability to turn off death by old age.
Why would you speed up aging by 3x and then turn off death by old age? Why even enable aging? It wasn't missing in previous games and isn't needed.

So you don't die of old age... while players can finally see their children and that of others come of age...
Oh, so make children grow up only.

I couldn't care less about children in this game. That's not why I play Mount and Blade. If I wanted that I'd play Crusader Kings. Guess I didn't do enough research on Bannerlord before buying it, because this whole aging thing has killed it for me. I exited the game tonight and have no desire to continue playing, knowing that this character of mine that's slowing becoming more powerful will die and I'll have to start over with another character I don't want to use, who even if I do decide to continue with will probably also die.

AGING CAN BE DISABLED!
The reason there isn't an option in EARLY ACCESS is because there is no aging! Your age goes up, But you don't die, Your sons don't grow, or you don't look any older. It's not implemented. i waited for yours in game. nothing changed.

Jesus this community is actually aids.

Last edited:
A decent compromise or moderation is to allow the player to influence the skills of their children more directly. Otherwise, the risk is high the player will just start a new game.

nb : I am taking theory/design no matter what is in-game now or not.

AND as for the leveling system! You level slower because Most of the perks on High levels aren't implemented. most likely Placedholders.

I Maxed out on everything in the skill tree. Most of them are not working. I could list them all if you want.

AGING CAN BE DISABLED!
The reason there isn't an option in EARLY ACCESS is because there is no aging! Your age goes up, But you don't die, Your sons don't grow, or you don't look any older. It's not implemented. i waited for yours in game. nothing changed.

Jesus this community is actually aids.
When that mod is ready I'm downloading it. I don't want anyone to age. I don't want aging to even be a thing in my Mount and Blade. Once again I have to rely on modders to give options that devs won't, at least so far.

When that mod is ready I'm downloading it. I don't want anyone to age. I don't want aging to even be a thing in my Mount and Blade. Once again I have to rely on modders to give options that devs won't, at least so far.
The options... is in the files... Are you blind? It's their files. Like i said it's not an option because you don't AGE at the moment.

The options... is in the files... Are you blind? It's their files. Like i said it's not an option because you don't AGE at the moment.
There were also mentions of 'pistol' and 'rifle' in the files that some cracked. Some of those files mentioned 'Count Dracula.'

You're speculating off of files found and being discussed by modders on a Nexus Mods forum. I'll wait to hear from TW on this.

There were also mentions of 'pistol' and 'rifle' in the files that some cracked. Some of those files mentioned 'Count Dracula.'

You're speculating off of files found and being discussed by modders on a Nexus Mods forum. I'll wait to hear from TW on this.

I'm Speculating? You guys are already up and arms about aging when there is no aging in game.

Your link said it's in testing

Currently in the testing phase for any major bugs

And good that we don't age at the moment. Didn't know it was disabled, but then again didn't know aging was even a thing until a little while ago.

EDIT: Oh and just because it's not working now doesn't mean anything. It's a planned feature and that's what's upsetting, without a way to disable it like death (which I also disabled).

I'm Speculating? You guys are already up and arms about aging when there is no aging in game.

Wrong. TW has planned on implementing aging death for a while now.

'WILL THE CHARACTER AGE AND GET OLD SO THAT YOUR CHILDREN CAN TAKE OVER ONCE YOU'RE OLD AND DYING? DO YOU GET TO CHOOSE WHICH OFFSPRING YOU TAKE OVER AS?
“Yes! In Bannerlord, the player can die because of old age. At first, the player gets sick. Then the player’s hitpoints start to reduce daily. After a certain time, death occurs. During the decline of their health, the player can arrange his/her final wishes then, when the death occurs, the player selects an heir from one of his/her clan members that are suitable and mature. Then, the cycle continues. This process also applies by AI lords too.'

Your link said it's in testing

And good that we don't age at the moment. Didn't know it was disabled, but then again didn't know aging was even a thing until a little while ago.

EDIT: Oh and just because it's not working now doesn't mean anything. It's a planned feature and that's what's upsetting, without a way to disable it like death (which I also disabled).

Yeah i understand, But only time will tell at this point. I hope there will be an option.

Wrong. TW has planned on implementing aging death for a while now.

'WILL THE CHARACTER AGE AND GET OLD SO THAT YOUR CHILDREN CAN TAKE OVER ONCE YOU'RE OLD AND DYING? DO YOU GET TO CHOOSE WHICH OFFSPRING YOU TAKE OVER AS?
“Yes! In Bannerlord, the player can die because of old age. At first, the player gets sick. Then the player’s hitpoints start to reduce daily. After a certain time, death occurs. During the decline of their health, the player can arrange his/her final wishes then, when the death occurs, the player selects an heir from one of his/her clan members that are suitable and mature. Then, the cycle continues. This process also applies by AI lords too.'

For your sake and everyone elses, I hope they will add an option to disable it.
I am on the
"YES! The game should have options to emulate the legacy titles if the user desires."

No one should be forced to play in a way they don't want to in a roleplaying game.
If i was in your shoes, i would be disappointed as well.

For your sake and everyone elses, I hope they will add an option to disable it.
I am on the
"YES! The game should have options to emulate the legacy titles if the user desires."

No one should be forced to play in a way they don't want to in a roleplaying game.
If i was in your shoes, i would be disappointed as well.
Well, it's appreciated.

I like that our characters age... but it seems they age too quickly. I was playing a female character and only played a few hours and realized she was already 36 years old and out of the age for marriage so marrying/having kids and a legacy flew out the window pretty quickly.

I agree with the idea that we should be able to change the speed at which we age so we don't have to rush to marry as a few have said previously. I'm sad I'll be a spinster, dying old and alone lol.

the player can die because of old age. At first, the player gets sick. Then the player’s hitpoints start to reduce daily. After a certain time, death occurs. During the decline of their health, the player can arrange his/her final wishes then, when the death occurs, the player selects an heir

In between killing looters and buying furs, my hit points bar will start losing hit points and thus I will be able (forced) to write my last will and testament? that's deep, TaleWorlds...

Back
Top Bottom