POLL: Should players be able to disable the aging mechanic?

Should players be able to turn off aging?

• YES! I don't like it.

Votes: 79 11.5%
  • YES! The game should have options to emulate the legacy titles if the user desires.

Votes: 365 53.2%
  • NO! The game was designed this way on purpose.

Votes: 175 25.5%
  • NO! I like it.

Votes: 67 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I really wanted to get into that game. Some of the combat mechanics were too much to bear for me, sadly. But yeah, I loved the aesthetic, and the general idea of hard and brutal but rewarding fights can have a great gameplay loop to it.

I think you're seriously underestimating how much time is spent travelling, recovering, or waiting as part of quests. I got five days into the game after completing three quests, and that many only because I made sure they were all in the same direction. An amount of the time was spent healing.

Just their looks? I believe their back stories and all other aspects of them are procedural.

...As for how far you can cross a continent, it depends on the continent and the state of the roads. Calradia's roads, and horrible pathfinding, are not so good. I don't know how large the continent is meant to be. It is possible to get from one end of England to the other in less than 5 days. Hannibal's crossing of the Alps didn't take that long, either. The Inca runners could cover a pretty impressive mileage per day despite being in mountains, something fairly comparable to horses. Alexander, meanwhile, fought his way from Greece to Egypt to India and back again, and the fighting tends to be the really time-consuming part, along with logistics for an army, so it's hard to say how much time the marching took.

That sounds rather controlling. I hate it when developers add in anti-cheating tricks for single-player games. I've seen devs refuse to put in auto-save features, because they're afraid people will save-scum. I would've kept playing some games, if they gave me ways to subvert their BS mechanics so I could get to the good ones.

It's amazing how aggressive people can be, if you don't want to play the way they want to.... Maybe I don't want to waste my time playing house in a video game for ? Here's a suggestion, take those 2,000 hours it takes setting up your virtual family, and spend them with your actual family.

It's ironic, as I tend to like these kinds of features... but I know TW is going to do a bad job of it and already is with the 80 day years, and that it's stupid to force all players down this route. Many players won't even know that they're ageing, and will be in for a horrible surprise when they see their character's stats dropping, as they don't tend to check forums like these. Thousands will be wondering why years have passed when it's been less than 365 days.

Or they would... if many people were going to play the single player for that long. In its current state, I doubt it.

Feel free to stop *****ing at people at any time.

Give em hell lmao
MAKE AGING AN OPTION

That’s what you’re saying. What’s your problem, idiot? All we want is option to turn it off. You buthurt because of that?

You're the one who compared this game to Sims just because it has aging and you can get married and have kids, "idiot".

Warband already had marrige, and lots of people wanted to be able to have kids. Now you can do that. And if you don't want to do that, you can spend several dozen hours in the game without even having to worry about dying of old age. I, and some other people, even proposed some other ways to make the game even longer without having to stop people from aging which wouldn't have the same problems.

No lets get this straight, the person who wants to change what has been already put forward, is doing the insisting.
I'm saying give people options. You are refusing to even consider that. You are forcing people to play the game the way you want it played. Use all the mental gymnastics and denial you need. You're still trying to force a specific way to play, and deny other players any alternatives.

You're the one who compared this game to Sims just because it has aging and you can get married and have kids, "idiot".

Warband already had marrige, and lots of people wanted to be able to have kids. Now you can do that. And if you don't want to do that, you can spend several dozen hours in the game without even having to worry about dying of old age. I, and some other people, even proposed some other ways to make the game even longer without having to stop people from aging which wouldn't have the same problems.

Read my post again ‘cause I didn’t compare anything, idiot. Just said you’re probably one of those types that only played The Sims and would suck a stick for that lmao

Anyway, I'm giving up on this thread. A lot of reasonable people made very good arguments for why there's no reason this can't be an option, especially since M&B and modding go hand in hand (kicking and screaming, but hand in hand all the same). I have no interest in pitiful gamer disputes where you need to play the right way or you're a noob-casual/girl-gamer who ruins gaming.

I think you're seriously underestimating how much time is spent travelling, recovering, or waiting as part of quests. I got five days into the game after completing three quests, and that many only because I made sure they were all in the same direction. An amount of the time was spent healing.

That's a lot, so I'll only reply to what you said to me:
I see what you're saying, but I think you are underestimating two things:
  • How long you spend in tournaments, battles, managing your army, managing your equipment, and talking to people, etc.
  • How many days have to pass before having to even worry about old age.
If it takes X time for 5 days to pass, you would need to play for 400X time (or do those 3 quests 1200 times) just to pass 2000 days(which is 25 years). By that point your character would only be 55, and not even close to dying of old age.

Read my post again ‘cause I didn’t compare anything, idiot. Just said you’re probably one of those types that only played The Sims and would suck a stick for that lmao
In other words, you brought up the Sims in a M&B forum where people are discussing M&B. Why did you do that if you're not comparing them, idiot?

Now go troll some where else, you're just annoying and adding nothing to the discussion. You're the definition of toxic.

And when do stat deficits kick in...? What if I take a job as a mercenary and spend 40 day stints in my lord's party? What if I get captured for a week? What if the quest requires me to travel for 10 days in one direction where there are no other quests? I got an optimal scenario, and I still wasted many days.... God forbid I actually fool around in the game or go exploring, as it'll end up taking a year.

In other words, you brought up the Sims in a M&B forum where people are discussing M&B. Why did you do that if you're not comparing them, idiot?

Now go troll some where else, you're just annoying and adding nothing to the discussion. You're the definition of toxic.

You got that wrong again. I was talking ‘bout your ass probably loving Sims so much that you’d suck a stick for that feature, nothing more. You had all this time and came up with this.. Made an assumption and then accused me lmao. Starting to wonder how stupid you are fr

Like I said, make aging an option. Browse thru the topic and you’ll find what I have to say about this matter. Untill then, keep your idiotic opinions to yourself boi ‘cause I ain’t be responding

Last edited:
It's amazing how aggressive people can be, if you don't want to play the way they want to.... Maybe I don't want to waste my time playing house in a video game for ? Here's a suggestion, take those 2,000 hours it takes setting up your virtual family, and spend them with your actual family.

I spend plenty of quality time with my extended brood, but i thank you nonetheless for your interest in my family affairs. Your point is however, irrelevant to me not wishing to support an action that might have the effect of disincentivizing the developers from putting further work into a feature, that i find rather pleasing.

So, you don't give a damn about how other players experience the game, and are only concerned about your experience? Well that's great, because I don't have to feel bad at all that people are going to pressure developers into doing exactly what you don't want.

So, you don't give a damn about how other players experience the game, and are only concerned about your experience? Well that's great, because I don't have to feel bad at all that people are going to pressure developers into doing exactly what you don't want.

There's always mods, they are after all the traditional method of butchering a developer's vision for a game. As for you not feeling feeling bad about pressuring developers to have your way, i don't feel bad either, as i said to the OP, everyone has their opinion and that's fine.

There's always mods, they are after all the traditional method of butchering a developer's vision for a game. As for you not feeling feeling bad about pressuring developers to have your way, i don't feel bad either, as i said to the OP, everyone has their opinion and that's fine.
...that's the problem. You are demanding that all players have to play it a specific way. Many are only asking for the option to play the game like every other Mount & Blade game. You're insisting that everyone has to accept the new aging mechanic. If we get a choice, you still have the aging mechanic. You want everyone to have to play it in a specific way. Deny it all you want, but you don't want others to have alternatives or choices.

If we get a choice, you still have the aging mechanic. You want everyone to have to play it in a specific way.

Ok, let me try this one last time. If half the players use that 'no-ageing' option (which despite this poll's results is not guaranteed, since we're a tiny sample of the player-base), then it may discourage the devs from further elaborating on it. I have zero interest in helping-along an action that could lead to a watered down version of their original plans. I'm not sure why you think others owe you their support for something that could end up adversely affecting their own experience of the game.

Ok, let me try this one last time. If half the players use that 'no-ageing' option (which despite this poll's results is not guaranteed, since we're a tiny sample of the player-base), then it may discourage the devs from further elaborating on it. I have zero interest in helping-along an action that could lead to a watered down version of their original plans. I'm not sure why you think others owe you their support for something that could end up adversely affecting their own experience of the game.
A lot of assumptions on your part. Again, giving players the option will do nothing to remove the mechanic. It will still be here. TW felt okay making this mechanic a part of the core experience, despite every other M&B game not requiring your character to die of age. There is nothing to suggest they won't make more content based around the new mechanic. Try as you might, you are still demanding everyone play the game the way you like.

Guys, please stop with the personal attacks or this thread will get locked and disappear into obscurity. I for one would like this issue to get a dev response at some point.

lot of assumptions on your part. Again, giving players the option will do nothing to remove the mechanic.

I didn't say it would remove the mechanic, i said it would discourage the devs from working on the feature further if lots of people used the 'no ageing' option. No one owes you their support for that.

Back
Top Bottom