• Persians

Votes: 125 51.0%
  • Illyrians

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • other (please comment below)

Votes: 10 4.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

wasn't it Phillip who conquered the greeks? not Alexander? just saying..

Yes, Phillip conquered Greece.  Alexander was there though.

The Spartans and Athenians never joined together during the Peloponnesian War, which began with the disputes over Epidamnus in 435BC and Corcyra in 433BC.

Thermopylae was in 480 BC.  Therefore, there is about a 50 year discrepancy between Thermopylae and the start of the Peloponnesian War.  Also I wouldn't say the Boetians joined in the defense of the pass.  They were forced by the other Greeks to stay.  I cannot say I blame them, I hate Thebes :grin:... little trouble-makers!

On the off-chance you meant the Battle of Marathon, it was Athenians and Plataeansonly and ten years before Thermopylae.

I promise you, beyond any doubt, Athens and Sparta never joined together during the Peloponnesian War.

EmjeR said:
I think that we should keep it on the factions which are important for the war

But since there is no mission orientated story plotline is that really that important?  I don't think we're going to see the faction AI's waging a thought out war against their enemies.

In the toon creation write up's it talks about how you apprenticed, learned to be a hoplite then set out on your own.  That part there would provide the reason for almost any Greek faction (that your toon was 'born' in) to be involved.  You have the Persians playing politics and screwing around the edges of the conflict.  Etc... etc....  Granted you have Sparta and Athenian allies that were alot more important, but you end up with a graphics's sameness for them and they don't stand out.  I think all we're really going for here is variety.

i voted for persians cause i want to see some blood of them one mine spears
also the persians had a big empire and big more slave raiding warpartys so that means much more
blood on our boots :mrgreen:
also the persians had good bowman and i want some cause last time i got srtuk by a arrow in :mrgreen: my stomach and i was
dead :evil:

Civil war in Epidamnus leading to war between Corcyra and Corinth, Boeotians fight on and off with Athens, Thessaly, Syracuse (athenian defeat), Sicily-Italy, Cyprus (athenians defeated the Persians here), Euboean revolt, Samos' resistance to Athens, Ionian Islands in general, etc...any of these scenarios would be fun.

I think that adding Syracuse and/or Sicily would be the most interesting, though.

You can, If you like might add bit more exisitement into it but is it really needed i would leave it intill you do the over fixs so like you do added map space and that.Then with it add the new faction maybe few new wepons and armors?

until now the waiting even for a demo this seize was al the way waiting worth of it every second and the full realese will be much more excitementer with maybye i hope more
factions ore other things only weapons and armor are enough i would see more war and also hoping that Lynros(srry dont know how to write your name atm)
will be including naval warface because that means he can make crete , scilicy and rhodes  :razz: but i wil be glad with everything :razz: :razz: :razz: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Gerontis the cunning said:
until now the waiting even for a demo this seize was al the way waiting worth of it every second and the full realese will be much more excitementer with maybye i hope more
factions ore other things only weapons and armor are enough i would see more war and also hoping that Lynros(srry dont know how to write your name atm)
will be including naval warface because that means he can make crete , scilicy and rhodes  :razz: but i wil be glad with everything :razz: :razz: :razz: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That reminds me of making another poll. Rather urgent at that.

My own opinion would be to keep the persians out of this mod, and have it focus on the city-states/surrounding tribes of Greece. I don't believe Persian/Greek conflict could be done justice within the context of this mod, given time considerations and all. The Greco-Persian war almost warrants its own mod. With elephants.

I agree. 

At this point in time I would rather see more expanded and developed Greek factions than Persians.  Plus if you include the Persians you'll need a much poorer quality map to include the major battles between the Athenians and Persians like at Cyprus and what-not.

I'm not a fan of the maps you see in other mods that cover huge distances but have the cities super-close together.  TLD has the best map I've seen so far.

I'd like the Persians to be present, even if they only have an embassy or something and intervene periodically from off-map. I want to get the feeling of outside intervention from the watchful King of Kings.

However, my second choice would be the Illyrians, especially if we have some kind of naval system.

The problem with adding the Persians, as others have mentioned previously, is the map size. It will need to be much larger and thus poorer in quality, as details will obviously need to be omitted to accommodate the game's restrictions and limitations. Personally, I would like to see more focus on Greek lands, in any case they need not all look the same, as the city states were as varied as they were numerous.

Aristedes said:
My own opinion would be to keep the persians out of this mod, and have it focus on the city-states/surrounding tribes of Greece. I don't believe Persian/Greek conflict could be done justice within the context of this mod, given time considerations and all. The Greco-Persian war almost warrants its own mod. With elephants.

Well said, this too is my opinion on the matter.

I think the Persians should be added, however if the map size itself won't allow you to make the map flashy, then I say just stick with the Greek tribes.

i would like to see macedon...at least to see more difference between the cultures in game! :smile:

and even to make the combats more interesting...till now we can fight against hoplite, horse-archers and thracians warrior....i think that the macedons would add a strong cavalry to the game.. :smile:

Merlkir said:
wasn't it Phillip who conquered the greeks? not Alexander? just saying..

Philip never conquered Greece.He could do but he only wanted to unite Greece in order to destroy the Persians.Alexander tried to continue his father's aim and he did it.I am a Greek and i know everything about the subject believe me.However it is very good seeing people from other countries commenting on such subjects and saying the REAL TRUTH not like some wo say that they are Macedons

Well... actually, according to every Greek history book I own, Alexander never had to conquer any part of Greece because his father had done it for him.  Philip was assassinated in the very early stages of the Persian campaign, not the Greek one.  The only major city-state left alone by the Macedonians was Sparta.

I agree but i just said that he never conquered in order to become the ruler of Greece but in order to unite them all because in that ages the Greeks could not talk to each other or even face each other due to the Peloponnesian War and the Thebian that came after

Back
Top Bottom