[Poll-Debate] Blood needs to be spilled in the Arena?

What do you think about the proposal?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

+1 for the Warband Oldschool Arena it should have been the default tournament at Bannerlord release and then from there other types of competition could have been added with the participants own weapons and equipment or whatever.

Now that we are onto matters I would also like to lobby for full experience gain in Arenas because right now I think the player only gets 25% of xp for every action he does in the Arena: one handed weapons, running, shield blocking, bow, etc... and honestly I dont see any reason why we should not get 100% full xp instead if the combat actions are exactly the same than fighting in a battle... feels more like a punishment and lost work.
I'd second all of the above especially the XP thing. It feels odd that if as a player I am willing to take the time practicing combat skills that they don't get better at the same rate because sometimes I'm in a tournament and sometimes I'm not. I also don't see how it is particularly game breaking to allow a player to increase combat skills in this way as it is a single player game it's not like you are hurting any other player. Plus it gives you a good way to help companions level.

Really funny experience :iamamoron:

Sometimes I also resort to acid comments (some with too much animosity amount); we can do it better mate... be blunt but not corrosive.?

Perhaps in the future we will see other types of tournaments beyond pure fighting competition. There is a scene in the archives of the game called Hippodrome; these are my suppositions without any foundation but maybe we will have horse racing tournaments. Maybe this can be extrapolated to archery competitions, jousts, melee games...etc...

thumbnail.png

SS by scarface52

I think nin3 once talked about this map. Afaik it's a discarded Skirmish map and the arena was supposed to be background for the character selection screen.

I think nin3 once talked about this map. Afaik it's a discarded Skirmish map and the arena was supposed to be background for the character selection screen.

I don't know what they have planned with it, but this scene is currently located in Modules\SandBox\SceneObj\empire_hippodrome_a

I don't know what they have planned with it, but this scene is currently located in Modules\SandBox\SceneObj\empire_hippodrome_a

I still think it's the Skirmish map. Nin3 once talked a little bit about the maps on Discord and this one was one of his maps that were discarded for some reason. It just wasn't good enough.
The arena was part of the setting and there were other references to chariot racing, too.

I still think it's the Skirmish map. Nin3 once talked a little bit about the maps on Discord and this one was one of his maps that were discarded for some reason. It just wasn't good enough.
The arena was part of the setting and there were other references to chariot racing, too.

Well, I don't know what to think then... in Modules\Native\ModuleData/Module_Strings.xml there are these lines of code as was mentioned here:

<string id="str_fighting_menu_text" text="{=MWGATOoz}The tournament will be a melee group fight." />
<string id="str_jousting_menu_text" text="{=FRepQsmO}The tournament will be a joust." />
<string id="str_horse_race_menu_text" text="{=IwpFM2CJ}The tournament will be a horse race." />
<string id="str_archery_menu_text" text="{=zNHtgL0S}The tournament will be an archery contest." />

It would be a shame to discard that scene and that kind of tournaments have been discarded... imagine a Ben-Hur style race tournament ? ? .

Taleworlds definitely has other plans for the game... that's a fact that many of us have come to realise (to our regret) ? ?.

So...Warband-inspired oldschool tournaments and arenas with non-lethal weapons are now a possibility thanks to @order_without_power and his new mod Blunt Tournament Weapons combined with his previous proposal Balanced Tournament Armor. Both are compatible with the latest version 1.7.2. Check this out:

Arena Practice (Native + Blunt Tournament Weapon mod)

Tournament (Native +Blunt Tournament Weapon mod)

Tournament (Balanced Tournament Armor Mod + Blunt Tournament Weapon mod)

For those who might be interested in a more realistic experience, feel free to complement it with the modules available for Realistic Battle Mod.

Taleworlds definitely has other plans for the game... that's a fact that many of us have come to realise (to our regret) ? ?.

So...Warband-inspired oldschool tournaments and arenas with non-lethal weapons are now a possibility thanks to @order_without_power and his new mod Blunt Tournament Weapons combined with his previous proposal Balanced Tournament Armor. Both are compatible with the latest version 1.7.2. Check this out:

Arena Practice (Native + Blunt Tournament Weapon mod)
Tournament (Native +Blunt Tournament Weapon mod)
Tournament (Balanced Tournament Armor Mod + Blunt Tournament Weapon mod)

For those who might be interested in a more realistic experience, feel free to complement it with the modules available for Realistic Battle Mod.

Well, hard to disagree here.
That makes me realize what I find strange with native tournaments and why I don't really like them in current state.
You keep your armor (non-sense), weapons impact and blood effects are the same than a normal battle... It is not a tournament, just a usual battle in an arena!
A little bit off-topic but I think the blood splitting all over the place could be possible in some kind of gladiator style arena, where player could participate with the risk of being injured etc... Bloc had a nice mod close to that (Ludus).

If tournaments are all melee then I'd say no blood, but, since the game has to include range to be fair to range-style players, it's hard to argue a high speed thrown blunted spear to the face will not spill blood. This sort thing will not ever be immersive honestly. Rather than the display of blood, I'd rather they give all players equal equipment and such.

Well, hard to disagree here.
That makes me realize what I find strange with native tournaments and why I don't really like them in current state.
You keep your armor (non-sense), weapons impact and blood effects are the same than a normal battle... It is not a tournament, just a usual battle in an arena!
A little bit off-topic but I think the blood splitting all over the place could be possible in some kind of gladiator style arena, where player could participate with the risk of being injured etc... Bloc had a nice mod close to that (Ludus).
I really don't understand how coming from Warband we have what we have in Bannerlord for tournaments/practice arenas now.

We could debate on whether it would fit "gladiator fight" style mini-games into the native game itself as a sub-branch of prisoner/slavery mechanics. However, not having tournaments with standardized warband-style equipment or practice arenas where you get the feeling of no killing your opponents seems to me to be a totally unfortunate and blurred design decision.

It has probably been dropped, as there is no reference in the "future plans/roadmap" to the different types of tournaments that are directly referenced here:

in Modules\Native\ModuleData/Module_Strings.xml :
<string id="str_fighting_menu_text" text="{=MWGATOoz}The tournament will be a melee group fight." />
<string id="str_jousting_menu_text" text="{=FRepQsmO}The tournament will be a joust." />
<string id="str_horse_race_menu_text" text="{=IwpFM2CJ}The tournament will be a horse race." />
<string id="str_archery_menu_text" text="{=zNHtgL0S}The tournament will be an archery contest." />

It has probably been dropped, as there is no reference in the "future plans/roadmap" to the different types of tournaments that are directly referenced here:

in Modules\Native\ModuleData/Module_Strings.xml :
Do you know if those strings appeared recently?
I could see some code lines about "horse races" as well...

Yeah I miss old tournaments with wooden weapons. Felt more real as a tournament. But now that I think about it, A colosseum in the empire area with real weapons might be cool.

Back
Top Bottom