[Poll] Cluttered Overland Map

Should the map have less fiefs to give it more space and maneuverability

• Yes, some reduced fiefs & flatter ground will make the map feel more spacious & less claustrophobic.

• No, I don't feel the map is cluttered and enjoy the current number of fiefs.

• Sort of, settlements are fine but the terrain could be adjusted to be made more spacious.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello all!

As much as I adore the look of the new overland map, much more prettier than warband's one, I feel that in certain places of the map there are WAY too many settlements, causing the map to feel a little cluttered. It seems that that many settlements have been rammed in to give as much siege opportunity as possible and long-lasting gameplay that some visuals have suffered. To be honest, I would think you could get rid of a couple dozen villages and a few castles and maybe one or two towns and give the map some breathing space. Same could be said for the landscape - you could cut down on rivers & mountains to open the map up a bit and give some maneuverability when chasing/fleeing parties. Take a vote on the poll and let me know about your opinion below!

Last edited:
I agree with a lack of space because of rivers and mountains. I disagree wit too many settlements.
Yeah I agree the terrain itself feels cramped, I don't think they should reduce the amount of settlements though.

Perhaps I may be wrong with the amount of settlements, and adjustments to the terrain itself might make a different to help space things out. See yourself a third option in the poll!

Terrain is so cluttered and like a labyrinth, it makes me dizzy and stressed. No river makes sense geologicaly. It can be understood that its only there to keep map busy. It doesn't look like caldaria from warband at all, and this is the least of the problems.

Back
Top Bottom