Polished Landscapes test version [RELEASED]

Users who are viewing this thread

This is looking really good from all the shots I've seen.

I've just downloaded it, am I able to use it with "Native Expansion" mod or do I have to start a NEW character with it?

Thanks

Thanks all!
It's good to hear that framerate drops are reasonable:smile:
Now I'm on longer holidays (almost a month!) so don't expect much work done during this time:smile:
That is why I really can't help people who have problems with this mod - I don't have access to my PC now.
To use it with other mods just drop brf's and textures to mod folder, and in mod .ini file change some lines as I explained on 1st page (changes in module.ini).
Then copy .sco files to this mod (of course if mod modifies .sco files you need to find out what can be changed - but YOU NEED to copy random scenes.
Don't copy module files (.txt files)
Unfortunately to make fogg work you need to change mission_templates python file - this is what modders should do.
Without my script in module, you will have foggless environments - just like vanilla.

About corrpted brf - try to redownload, maybe update winrar?
And about saves in native expansion - just do what i just wrote and you don't need to start new game.

Hmh I know Gutekfiutek is away but maybe someone else can help me. I have been trying to add this awesome mod to Lords and Realms for a time now. But sadly when I boot up the module and it is reading the INI it says RGL error atempt to register mesh wheat a. Now I have scanned the entire module folder and I could not find that mesh anywhere. Any sugestions or advice ?

EDIT:

hmh strange it apears to be a stock mount and blade file wich has gone missing. Witch is very strange seeing as I didn't modify the wheat a mesh in any way or changed something that had to do with it.

EDIT:
Even stranger other modifications start up normaly its just lords and realms with the mod added in that hangs. Will look further into this. Still any help would be greatly apreciated.

EDIT:

Success it was due to my modding noobiness. if anybody wants a more detailed how to feel free to ask.

Managed to get it work now and wow it is amazing!  :shock:

I think that the map trees are at a perfect height as they are

how can i manage in Warband multyplayers? its still compatible?

i got the same error of Saragona, that "buddy_plant" error... :grin:

thanks all for you help!

anyway this mod is ULTIMATE!!! no words.

gutekfiutek said:
Thanks all!
Thank you  :grin:
Now M&B looks even more photorealistic than Stalker or Crysis.
Shame on developers of clumsy, hyped and expensive game engines!    :grin:

Added PL to Rus XIII and Berserk, works well (no bugs for few hours of gameplay).
In Rus XIII I enjoyed hunting some bandits and fighting cavalry battles in dense forests and bushes. It was veeeery intresting and immersive, with limited visibility.
And no any significant fps drop.
Awesome mod.  No, more than awesome.
And that early spring mood everywhere, it's just fantastic. I almost feel atmosphere.

Spent some time sightseeing today around the villages, the difference is astonishing, if I'd seen a tractor in there I'd swear it was Arma2 :lol:

sc1.jpg
sc2.jpg
sc4.jpg
sc9.jpg
sc3.jpg

fedeita said:
more i play this mod and more I realize that mount and blade need seasons

Thank Bruce almighty!

Finnaly, Im not the only one with such idea. That would be a neat detail, seasons in MB. And, as all you folks know, good game is not about (good) graphics...
...its all in these small details, a here-and-there touch of love.

Few scripts that dictate which season it is curently, and so different textures and weather system is used...

Nice, nice. One day, maybe one day we shall se that in MB too...

nads said:
Spent some time sightseeing today around the villages, the difference is astonishing, if I'd seen a tractor in there I'd swear it was Arma2 :lol:

sc1.jpg
sc2.jpg
sc4.jpg
sc9.jpg
sc3.jpg

looking at your screenshots, i must admit, GE 2.5 is somehow ill suit this mod.. Perhaps others feel the same too?

SirAndre said:
looking at your screenshots, i must admit, GE 2.5 is somehow ill suit this mod.. Perhaps others feel the same too?

You know I'd completely forgotten I also had that installed  :shock:, is it showing too much "stuff" ie foliage? I quite like the actual look.

Latinikon said:
fedeita said:
more i play this mod and more I realize that mount and blade need seasons

Thank Bruce almighty!

Finnaly, Im not the only one with such idea. That would be a neat detail, seasons in MB. And, as all you folks know, good game is not about (good) graphics...
...its all in these small details, a here-and-there touch of love.

Few scripts that dictate which season it is curently, and so different textures and weather system is used...

Nice, nice. One day, maybe one day we shall se that in MB too...

yes, i agree with what regard small details that's why i had this idea.
I sent a pm to Armagan several months ago explaining what i had in mind  but he never answered so i don't know... at last if they can't implement this (budget or just no enough time) also the possibility of increasing terrain textures would be appreciate

Hey this mod is really incredible. :grin:

Tahnk you very much Gutekfiutek; you have made me write my first post.

For who is having problem with Warband multiplayer: just don't copy  flora_kinds & skyboxes in the data.
It works well for me with no bugs and the landscapes look amazing even if they are  probably not optimized at the top.  I also used a copy of the native folder as mod and copyed Gutekfiutek additions in it (but dunno if this make any difference)

For fog and the rest I hope in Gutekfiutek when is back from holidays or in some good Santa Claus who might want to sent us instruction for Christmas  :smile:

Hey guys, I've been trying to incorporate this into my Rus XIII mod, without much success.
I've read up on as much I can find, followed the steps as closely as I can imagine, but when I get to the launch screen it freezes while reading reading the .ini file.

I get a window stating:
RGL ERROR
attempt to reregister steppe_tree_a

Anyhow, the default PL_Test works fine, and I've been trying to compare the .ini files to find any mistakes.
Would be terribly thankful for any help around this. :grin:

-Fixed, thanks to Josef_the_Pretender

What a fantastic piece of art; congratulations on the 'test' release and thanks from all of us for all the hard work. Beautiful.

Some screenies with NE mod. These screenshots just from a quick first run through.

Outside Tulga

outsidetulga.jpg

Dirigh Aban

dirighaban.jpg

Bandits Attack

banditsw.jpg

My men await

horizonu.jpg

Thrown Knife

knifetm.jpg

Bandits Beaten

battlewon.jpg

This reminds me of the movie 'Shane':  :razz:

shanexw.jpg

And this of Brueghel the Elder:

brueghel.jpg

Three Corners (where Swadia, Nordland and the Principality meet)

3cornersy.jpg

Mercenaries
mercenaries.jpg

Lone Khergit contemplative after battle

khergitatsundown.jpg

Tulbuk

tulbuk.jpg

Sea Raiders!

moresearaiders.jpg

Selling Christmas Trees in Halmar

xmastrees.jpg

Back