Polished Landscapes test version [RELEASED]

saregona

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
0
That'd be right, I can't get mine to work... *headdesk*

Perhaps someone might be able to tell me how to hack it into Warband? Like Ursca managed to do.
 

Avernus

Recruit
M&BWBWF&SNW
Best answers
0
saregona said:
That'd be right, I can't get mine to work... *headdesk*

Perhaps someone might be able to tell me how to hack it into Warband? Like Ursca managed to do.
Actually mine didn't either, though it maybe Steam related in my case. In the end, I copied all the files that were to be written over into a new folder that I keep on my desktop in case of a need to restore them, and put the new stuff in my original install.

After that it worked, maybe worth a go for you to try.
 

saregona

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
0
Avernus said:
saregona said:
That'd be right, I can't get mine to work... *headdesk*

Perhaps someone might be able to tell me how to hack it into Warband? Like Ursca managed to do.
Actually mine didn't either, though it maybe Steam related in my case. In the end, I copied all the files that were to be written over into a new folder that I keep on my desktop in case of a need to restore them, and put the new stuff in my original install.

After that it worked, maybe worth a go for you to try.
Was this for Warband or for the vanilla M&B? I got it to work for the original game easily, it's just Warband that's giving me trouble...
 

gutekfiutek

Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
0
Hi all!
Updated pg1 with some info - useful for modders .
Saregona - what kind of error message you have in Warband?
Don't use my mb.fxo and mb.fx in Warband - it won't work probably.
 

mikemayday

Veteran
WB
Best answers
0
Great, now I gotta change my pants...

EDIT: ok, I've tried the mod. Now I've gotta change my pants AGAIN and clean the keyboard.

There are some minor glitches with the terrain vs new stuff but HOT DAMN it's soooo beautiful.

You have one the internet, sir.
 

saregona

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
0
gutekfiutek said:
Hi all!
Updated pg1 with some info - useful for modders .
Saregona - what kind of error message you have in Warband?
Don't use my mb.fxo and mb.fx in Warband - it won't work probably.
I get the error:

"get_object failed for body: buddy_plant"

I'm probably just doing something incredibly stupid...  :roll:
 

Barf

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
I had to stop and take a screen-shot here, it is so nostalgic looking like I've been here before.
 

gutekfiutek

Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
0
saregona said:
I get the error:
"get_object failed for body: buddy_plant"
I'm probably just doing something incredibly stupid...  :roll:
Hmmm, do you have all my brf's added as "add_mod_resource" in mod .ini?
 

AoC

Master Knight
Best answers
0
You meant "load_mod_resource" like you said on 1st page ? ... or it have to be "add_mod_resource".

I replaced all relevant "load_resource" with "load_mod_resource" in module.ini, and i copy all relevant files to data folder. I didn't touched SceneObj.

i have exactly same error as seregona.

(also tried to put it in warband)
 

saregona

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
0
gutekfiutek said:
saregona said:
I get the error:
"get_object failed for body: buddy_plant"
I'm probably just doing something incredibly stupid...  :roll:
Hmmm, do you have all my brf's added as "add_mod_resource" in mod .ini?
No, I hadn't... you see what I mean. Stupid Saregona.  :razz:

Silly mistakes for the fail... *sadface*
 

fedeita

Marquis
Best answers
0
good job gutefiutek, your mod is amazing and i wonder what you would be able to do with a better engine  :razz:, however in my opinion your work can still be improved, for example better terrain textures...
here some screens from native M&B without hdr:


 

Alixyang

Knight
M&BWB
Best answers
0
I must buy a new computer for this mod!  :smile:

It looks everyone want to install this mod into Warband... 

How about a Multiplayer scene ?
 

The Shadow

Recruit
Best answers
0
Great work!  I'll be asking permission to use it in a mod once a more stable version get's released.  (As in, you can't run through trees.  :razz:)
 

WookieWarlord

Master Knight
WBNW
Best answers
0
Thanks gutefiutek, it works great in my mod.
Lags a bit in the forests (I actually had to turn down my settings :shock: ).

EDIT:
I didn't realise you had to modify mission templates to add fog, I'll do it now...

EDIT2:
Fog is great!