B Native Other Polished Landscapes [RELEASED][news pg. 19]

Users who are viewing this thread

Didn't see this question anywhere when I quickly browsed through the thread, so here goes:

Is this mod heavier for the computer than the original Warband?

joelturuz said:
Is this mod heavier for the computer than the original Warband?
Well obviously it has to.

That's what gutek told about test version for original M&B:
gutekfiutek said:
Intel Core 2 Duo  3.16GHz ;
Gigabyte Radeon HD4870 512MB;
4GB RAM;
Scren resolution (something like 1900x1200) and max graphic settings.
Battlesize ~250 and it's laggy in denser forests.
Below 150 everything should be smooth (occasionally laggy)
But Warband's engine is a bit different...

It will because it replaces some BRFs like mentioned before and like
Gutekfiutek said in the op: 
no LODs - i have no time for this, please don't complain if you have low spec PC's
So it will be heavier than native WB. I tested the original for M&B and it took
a serious bite out of my fps...

Regards

I think Gutek runs along the same vein as I do; I have a powerful computer, so I tend not to be bothered with things like lods, or doing uber low poly and low quality stuff.

Swadian Man at Arms said:
Instead thinking only about you...you'd better support the lod idea, it will save your CPU, there are many users that have old computers.
Yeah, why don't you volunteer to help gutek make all LODs? Would be nice on your part to care about many users that have old computers.

Knock yourself out.  :lol:

It's long been known that modders do whatever modders please, because modders aren't public service people, they're out to have fun. I support that notion.  :razz:

If Gutek wants to forget LODs in order to do more and better high quality graphics, more power to him. Maybe then someone else will come along and do lods.

GetAssista said:
Instead thinking only about you...you'd better support the lod idea, it will save your CPU, there are many users that have old computers.
Yeah, why don't you volunteer to help gutek make all LODs? Would be nice on your part to care about many users that have old computers.
As long as it involves doing anything but posting requests on forum I don't think we'll see anyone improving gutek's mod. :roll:

GOD DAM,
This mod makes horse sh*t look like gold!
Would other modders have the permission to implement this in their mods?

Damon said:
GetAssista said:
As long as it involves doing anything but posting requests on forum I don't think we'll see anyone improving gutek's mod. :roll:
Anyways, I hope someone could come up with LODs because there's only a toplayer of players who have a
high-endcomputer so then this mod would be for these people only while the others would play with this one too...

Regards

GetAssista said:

Of course, there are people who can say that like you.

But when your CPU will die, you'll think about my reply, no matter if it is Duo or Quard, without lods the CPU is forced to work more.

without lods the CPU is forced to work more
TRUE  (I'll let slip the insignificant fact that GPU does, not CPU)
But when your CPU will die, you'll think about my reply
FALSE

The point was not in your stating some fact, but in your stating some obvious fact and complaining, even when gutek said he has no time for LODs.

I don't get the point of making it "acessible" to lower-end computers. The whole point of a graphical enhancement mod is making the game look better to those who can run better-looking games.

Ok, turned them down a long time ago, but the new version is just decreasing performance. The feeling when you have an performant computer is good, but makes people to be indifferent (not all I suppose) but I'll figure it out.

Anyway keep doing that mod Gutek, I really want an good-looking environment. :cool:

Llew2 said:
I think Gutek runs along the same vein as I do; I have a powerful computer, so I tend not to be bothered with things like lods, or doing uber low poly and low quality stuff.

Exactly.  Make the LODs yourself if you want them that badly.  This isn't a mod for better performance, it's a mod for nicer looking. 

That this mod is coming out for Warband, and with object collisions working, is great news, thanks a lot Gutek. Plus the new desert looks great as well.

In Vanilla M&B I was playing with Edit Mode and saw that you can put multiple trees (PL Test Mod) at once. Is that something with flora_kinds.txt or it's just the model ?

Back
Top Bottom