Polished Landscapes - Mipmap Mod 2 [Test version released]

Users who are viewing this thread

gutekfiutek said:
- and also cavalry will have real problems in forests:grin:

That's what could possible ruin an otherwise great idea. If cavalry armies get hopelessly stuck on those trees, it will make things too easy for the player. Maybe if you reduce the number of trees in those clusters, would that solve it?

I also have another question; will the world map textures reflect the fact there's less variety in terrain types? How are you going to handle that?

Now that's some marvellous work out there, gutekfiutek! :smile: Keep it up, you have proven yourself the owner of a "green thumb" artifact :grin:.
Świetne, masz smykałkę do tekstur i do grafiki ogólnie... Właśnie dla takich ludzi powstało M&B... :smile:
Pozdrawiam i życzę miłej pracy nad modem!

BTW: Hi guys, I'm the newcomer :smile:.

:shock:

I simply refuse to believe that that is M&B, it looks to real to be real...wait, what?

Awesome job gutekfiutek. I love what you are doing with this mod. :grin:

DaBlade said:
gutekfiutek said:
- and also cavalry will have real problems in forests:grin:
That's what could possible ruin an otherwise great idea. If cavalry armies get hopelessly stuck on those trees, it will make things too easy for the player. Maybe if you reduce the number of trees in those clusters, would that solve it?
I also have another question; will the world map textures reflect the fact there's less variety in terrain types? How are you going to handle that?

Cavalry will be stuck only i veery dense forests - there are some (especially snowy) places in Native where you have dense/large groups of big stones - this will work exactly like my (for example)
wicker forests - I just copied(for placeholder) big stones collision, and it works fine. For smaller foliage/bushes there will be no collision - and I will keep them transparent.
Also - I think that dense forests where cavalry will shave problems to charge with large group - it will add some variety to gameplay.
Remember that most of battles wiill take place in open plains - so generally if player have cavalry - he should keep away from dense forests.
And it works other way - imagine that you play as Nords or Rhodoks  against Swadia/Khergits - instead of searching for a hill to slow down their charge - you can hide between dense trees and still have chance to survive charge.
Also - they won't get stuck "hopelessly" - it takes only few seconds for AI to make "sidestep" and avoid tree.
So forests will only slow down cavalry.

1ns@n3 n1gh7 said:
if you run into a thorn bush will it do damage?
Umm, why? That just sounds stupid.

FuryOfViking said:
Awesome textures,  :grin:  but the problem is that it wont install on me  :mrgreen:
If you mean that you don't think it will run well on your computer, gutekfiutek has said that he is trying to keep the performance drain to be as little as possible, you may in fact be able to run this mod.  :smile:

gutekfiutek said:
Hi all.
Some time ago I've done this:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,37173.0.html

That mod is not fully compatible with new M&B versions, Fei Dao asked me to fix this, I even started to do thiis, but finally I started new mod instead:smile:
I need to leave buildings for some time... I'm little bored with architecture.
Its still just beginning, but I think I can share few screenies:grin:

It's my old idea to make landscapes in early spring/late autumn, so there can be some snow patches and some green plants on one level.
This mean also that I can have leafless trees, or not very dense canopies. So there will be lot of sunlight on the ground, makes it look more interesting (no more flat shadows whenever there is any tree).
This mod will modify ground textures, tree textures, and tree models.
I will replace single trees with tree "clusters", it looks better, and forests look veeery dense sometimes.
There was flora relacement pack, but those trees have too many polys for M&B engine, I'm trying to make my trees have reasonable polycount, so small forest won't kill most of your pc's:smile:
There will be less difference between  different terrain types, all of them will have some snow.
I also will try to make several very different tree types - so whole forests  will feel differend (now i have only 3 types of forests - birch, wcker and very rough pine forest)

This will be totally different from Zaro's texture mod, it will be desaturated, dirty etc.

This mod will probably modify gameplay - I can imagine that infantry hidden between dense trees will be quite safe - suffering less from archer fire or cavalry charge.

It's quite nice when you charge through snowy field, few second later fight in the middle of grassy field and end battle killing enemies on sandy piece of land:smile:

I have several ideas for this mod, need to see what I will be able to do. Probably some water, maybe fog near thr ground, or insects...

So here are few screens (note that it's only 2 day's work, I can name it "sketch")

Wicker/hazel forest

0153168.jpg

363309.jpg

Birch forest

0779d.jpg

04142.jpg

029ff.jpg

4092.jpg

00875.jpg

Pine forest:

598e.jpg

0904y.jpg

0600.jpg

Here you can see effect of sunlight passing almost leafless trees:

005764.jpg

I think that characters blend nicely into this type of environment, like they are "properly dressed" finally:grin:

018124126.jpg

4735r.jpg

010lu.jpg

12107.jpg
bro that looks awesome you are the best i swear to god, keep up the good work,but hey what kinda of PC do you have lol maybe i want to build me something like that if is not to expensive

Wrong. The first post has a link to a thread that has a link to a download that I'm not sure if it works.

There are some mods in the Pioneer's Guild with betas.

Lord Leoric of Wercheg said:
Wrong. The first post has a link to a thread that has a link to a download that I'm not sure if it works.

There are some mods in the Pioneer's Guild with betas.

Thanks ^^

you nice enough to give direct link? sorry lazy here ahaa

Back
Top Bottom