Polished Landscapes - Mipmap Mod 2 [Test version released]

Users who are viewing this thread

Good god, most of those screenshots look like photos/dx10. Amazing job, seriously. This kind of stuff should be default in mount and blade.

It looks good and I've always wanted birches in MaB. But have you replaced all the old trees? It might get a bit weird having ALL birches and partially melted snow around the place.

DaBlade said:
Gutekfiutek, this looks great! I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Any chance of implementing something like this in TLD? Or do you have already something similar or better.....

We already have something... different. Doesn't look as realistic as gutekfiutek's stuff though.

O stary! Po prostu brak słów... to jest niesamowite! Wiem, że piszę jak połowa osób z TW, ale cóż nic innego nie nasuwa się do ust. Gdybyś połączył swoje prace ( budynki i to nad czym obecnie pracujesz) z modem Daedalusa powstała by zupełnie nowa gra...

Planujesz wydać moda z połączanymi pracami jakie wykonałeś?

At first I was like "Oh, wow, he took some photo's from outside."
Then I realized the health bar at the bottom.  :grin:

You sir, win the entire internet. Enter your initials.

Warband needs this realism as default.Dark corners rocks....adds to scene in a non intrusive way yet definitely adds!

And imagine warband having default woodlands with tons of trees as it is like in real life.Infantry will rule on those maps.

Would you be willing to make dark corners slightly darker for when wearing helmets?

I'm afraid there is only one way you could have achieved this. WITCHCRAFT! BURN HIM/HER!!!!

apart from your occult links and demonic allegiances- awesome work there! best graphics improvement mod Ive seen yet, if your not a professional, you should be.

Hi all, thanks:smile:
This will be just replacement, so it will work with Native and with mods.
It won't be compatible with other replacement mods (GE, Colorful Textures etc.)

wolfstriked said:
Would you be willing to make dark corners slightly darker for when wearing helmets?
I won't, but maybe some other modders will do this (actually bery good idea...)

Oktawian said:
Planujesz wydać moda z połączanymi pracami jakie wykonałeś?
No, I will keep Polished Buildings and Polished Landscapes separate:smile: I will just update some PB textures so they will fit into PL (:grin:) better.
Merlkir said:
It looks good and I've always wanted birches in MaB. But have you replaced all the old trees? It might get a bit weird having ALL birches and partially melted snow around the place.
I will make few types of forests, unfortunately  I can't control how those will be placed by game. Now I hawe wicker forest, birch forest, small birch forest (with v. young birches without collision), pine forest (two types), dry forest(destroyed, bald trees).

fedeita said:
i like it alot gutekfiutek but from what i understood it will be always autumn? is it possible to do more enviroments like summer/autumn/winter with different kind of lighting? and in your screens men seem out of place for the quality difference, i don't say to wait warband but in it your work would be even more beautiful
I don't think so, i use plains/desert/snow/steppe terrains on one map, so there is more variety on every map. This however mean that whole Calradia will be more uniform.

Here is wicker forest movie (i tried to put this on youtube, but it rapes this video, i must convert it to other format.)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/si9tgi

gutekfiutek said:
Stalker mod would be awesome.
As this topic is mine, I can say: Make Stalker mod for me:grin:

Well, I do it only if your in charge of the map design. :lol:
And now you will tell me I just have to wait for your polished landscapes and put stalkers in it.

Anyway, I re-installed Wings3D and Blender yesterday, and tried OpenBRF for the first time (which is also an amazing work by the way), so maybe I could try some modeling in those coming two weeks and see if it can interest other people, especially people who could give some help.

Stalker Mod sounds like a good idea, but it means a lot of time to spend on this idea...

Here are more videos (sorry, i have problems with youtube:razz:):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/24txb4
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wyfosm
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zu723g

Sir Silver said:
Well, I do it only if your in charge of the map design. :lol:
And now you will tell me I just have to wait for your polished landscapes and put stalkers in it.
Stalker Mod sounds like a good idea, but it means a lot of time to spend on this idea...

We could say that most weapons were done for many other mods (ak rifles for example), and lots of others would be improvised:grin:
I remember having some ideas some time ago about few improvised armors/weapons:

This is real Stalker!

WTF gutekfiutek! why you are so better than us here!

I mean you are the best :wink:

I'm loving this!!Its realism in graphics that can take a great game over the top.Looks like your doing that for M&B.

Is there no way to make map gradually get more snow covered the farther into snow on campaign map?

Holy crap the birch lake video is amazing.I really like the way you made the rivers wide and shallow like in real life.Still can't believe thats M&B. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom