PLEADING TO TALEWORLDS STAFF -- NOT ONE SIEGE GAME IN 3 DAYS. THE GAME IS DYING FAST.

Users who are viewing this thread

NewBritish

Recruit
I enjoy the game, but it's dying very rapidly. The MP servers are dying and it's mostly due to constant crashes. I've followed updates, but here are steps which you can instantly do to address this problem before the siege lobbies are dead for good.

1. Remove Baravenos Encirclement unlike the other maps which crash 10% of the time, this map crashes close to every game. Read the chat logs, people start every game by announcing that it's "crash map"

2. REDUCE player minimum to get in a game -- let it build up, now we simply can't get enough to start the game, even though it fills up quickly once started

^^^^^^^ THESE TWO ARE INSTANT FIXES

3. Get a better server host PLEASE.

I've told you before, and I'll say it again, the game is dead. These instant fixes aren't going to save anything. The only way this game will rise again from the grave is some sort of distant future overhaul that makes the game what it should have been. Little fixes here and there won't do anything. Save yourself the pain and move on for now. Don't make it more painful than it has to be. TW will not just change their behavior at the snap of fingers.

This is the fundamental risk of playing a game in early access; you run the risk of exhausting it before it's finished.

It's been dying since the initial 5 to 7 days when people realised it failed to meet 9% of player expectations. And has of course only gotten worse with the lack of direct communication, or lack of any significant additions to the game.

Oh look did they finally remove attack / block delay, changed the class system, added more maps, game modes and custom servers? Oh nooo it's another "fixed rare crash nobody was even aware of" and "changed this number nobody cared about to make it look like we did something".

The community have been suggesting ways to make this game what they've expected it to be? Yeah here, a list of your suggestions we somehow could not think of ourselves. When will we add them? Yeah, ysee, we're looking into it, we're working pretty hard on something and will surely consider these suggestions in the future sometime, maybe.

TW's mindset for EA seems to be to prioritise bug fixes and other technical issues, which for an EA game that is mostly feature complete and needs only polishing, its fine. The problem is, Bannerlord is nowhere near being feature complete so when you make the game playable the players will clearly see what the game is clearly lacking, namely e-very-y ****ing thing they expected there to be. They know when they encounter bugs, that the game is in EA and it's not uncommon for such bugs to be patched soon sometime.
Bugs once again are not as a big problem as the lack of everything people wanted in the game, if you have a game that's fun, and more or less playable, people will come back to it despite having encountered bugs or issues, and you remove the bugs before the core game is fun and enjoyable and satisfying you expose your players to whatever this mess of a corporate bull**** this game is. What is the logic behind prioritising making the game playable when THERE'S SO LITTLE TO PLAY AND ACTUALLY ENJOY SO PEOPLE WILL QUIT ANYWAY.
I've told you before, and I'll say it again, the game is dead. These instant fixes aren't going to save anything. The only way this game will rise again from the grave is some sort of distant future overhaul that makes the game what it should have been. Little fixes here and there won't do anything. Save yourself the pain and move on for now. Don't make it more painful than it has to be. TW will not just change their behavior at the snap of fingers.
Pretty much.

Last edited:
Imnot a dedicated MP player,i like to play mp lets say 30-40% of my playtime but forcing me to play a class that i dont want and especially a peasant with bad stats and gear has turned me off completely not to speak that i get hit with my shield raised up somehow etc

Look at my past 2 or 3 posts in post history to see criticism for why SP feels soulless. But I'll add one more aspect: Despite a much more detailed and realistic campaign map in Bannerlord compared to Warband, the map is just not that fun to play in, I will explain two things which contribute to this which might sound contradictory if not explained well, here goes:

- There's some long treks to be made on the map without anything interesting happening in between, where anything of note/interest is out of the main path/road.
- There's not enough open spaces, there's way too many objects on the map blocking movement.

What am I thinking about here? Well, the first point mostly applies to Sturgian lands, there's vast stretches of land between towns with absolutely nothing in-between, and any castle/village between these towns are out of the main path, meaning; besides the already long trek I'm already undertaking, I'd have to go out of the main path to reach these castles/villages, often not making it worth the time to check them out and see if there's anything to do in there.

Regarding not enough open spaces; there was clearly too much of it in Warbands map. In Bannerlord though, there's barely any open space on the map, everything is blocked by a mountain chain or a river or a lake or something, creating way too many chokepoints.

Edit: There's also so much missed opportunity, where are all the "special locations" that we had in Viking Conquest? Seriously, 8 years or something in the making and you didn't think this would be an interesting way to add more flavour and content to the game?

Regarding Multiplayer; honestly I'm not much of a Multiplayer fan myself. The skill ceiling is way too autistic as opposed to skill-based (yes, I make a distinction between the two), for me to be interested in it. During beta my take on multiplayer was basically that the type of game that Bannerlord is, is never going to achieve a satisfactory multiplayer mode to begin with, so they might aswell either scrap the whole idea and focus their resources on Singleplayer where like 95%+ of the playerbase is to be found anyways, or to rethink their entire approach to multiplayer. Neither of these things happened, hence the lack of time/resources to Singleplayer and the lack of a good Multiplayer despite the time/resources put into it.

It's been dying since the initial 5 to 7 days when people realised it failed to meet 9% of player expectations. And has of course only gotten worse with the lack of direct communication, or lack of any significant additions to the game.

Oh look did they finally remove attack / block delay, changed the class system, added more maps, game modes and custom servers? Oh nooo it's another "fixed rare crash nobody was even aware of" and "changed this number nobody cared about to make it look like we did something".

The community have been suggesting ways to make this game what they've expected it to be? Yeah here, a list of your suggestions we somehow could not think of ourselves. When will we add them? Yeah, ysee, we're looking into it, we're working pretty hard on something and will surely consider these suggestions in the future sometime, maybe.

TW's mindset for EA seems to be to prioritise bug fixes and other technical issues, which for an EA game that is mostly feature complete and needs only polishing, its fine. The problem is, Bannerlord is nowhere near being feature complete so when you make the game playable the players will clearly see what the game is clearly lacking, namely e-very-y ****ing thing they expected there to be. They know when they encounter bugs, that the game is in EA and it's not uncommon for such bugs to be patched soon sometime.
Bugs once again are not as a big problem as the lack of everything people wanted in the game, if you have a game that's fun, and more or less playable, people will come back to it despite having encountered bugs or issues, and you remove the bugs before the core game is fun and enjoyable and satisfying you expose your players to whatever this mess of a corporate bull**** this game is. What is the logic behind prioritising making the game playable when THERE'S SO LITTLE TO PLAY AND ACTUALLY ENJOY SO PEOPLE WILL QUIT ANYWAY.
Pretty much.
spot on.

Some players like me just wait for more content both SP & MP.
As you said, a lot of players already discovered all the current features in the game and hope to found the rest soon.

We kinda knew it. Patience is a key word for now. Let TW do the job. They will push the project forward anyways. Trust them. If you don't, buying the game at an EA stage was a mistake you should have not be part of.

Back
Top Bottom