[Plaza] - Main Topic

Do you support the Europe 1805 - II version?

• Yes, I do

Votes: 756 78.2%
  • Yes, I do

Votes: 211 21.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Every time I try and open something. Say the campaign map, the first screen of a new campaign, a quick battle, basically anything with graphics, it freezes and says 'Unable to restore vertex buffer' I've been waiting for this mod for a year now, and I really want to play it! Please help!

Disco Ninja said:
One little suggestion for next patch:
Can you add some firearms proficiency to companions? They all start with firearms proficiency 0.

I second this suggestion, it should be 30 minimum with non soldier types and around 50 for soldier types :smile:.

Found a few more dialogue issues and a weird bug reguarding the letter delivery quests, mentioned them in the beta testing document along with a few easier visual tweak suggestions.

Will the next patch leave our save games alone? or should we not get too attached to our current ones :wink:.

Just downloaded the mod, and got plopped in the Balkans, where I joined up with the Serbs.  However, there simply isn't a mayor or warrant officer on the boulevard. Am I doing something horribly wrong? Or is it a bug?

Edit: Never mind, I just didn't realize how to get to the actual boulevard. I found him now.

Well, sorry to tell you guys, but the patch made the game worse for me. With the original version I could play with the texture settings on 35 and it went quite well, but with this patch even if i lower the textures to 10 the game is still unplayable. It's because of the sound effects and the music. Whenever I try to move on either the map or on any scenes, it changes to a constant, very irritating popping sound as If i wouldn't have enough memory in my machine. It wasn't like this in the previous version. Any help? :smile:

neozsivany said:
Well, sorry to tell you guys, but the patch made the game worse for me. With the original version I could play with the texture settings on 35 and it went quite well, but with this patch even if i lower the textures to 10 the game is still unplayable. It's because of the sound effects and the music. Whenever I try to move on either the map or on any scenes, it changes to a constant, very irritating popping sound as If i wouldn't have enough memory in my machine. It wasn't like this in the previous version. Any help? :smile:

You can also maybe take a look at the first page and download the unpatched version, if you dont like this one.

Maybe my computer is not the newest, but it isn't that old either. I've got a Pentium Dual-Core CPU 2.8 GHZ, 4G RAM, with a Geforce 9800 (1024mb) video card. It shouldn't be like this. Even, the freshest games run smoothly on my computer, as did the first edition of this mod. What can be the problem?

neozsivany said:
Maybe my computer is not the newest, but it isn't that old either. I've got a Pentium Dual-Core CPU 2.8 GHZ, 4G RAM, with a Geforce 9800 (1024mb) video card. It shouldn't be like this. Even, the freshest games run smoothly on my computer, as did the first edition of this mod. What can be the problem?

Put the game to the lowest details, DX7 mode... I have problems with it too, its a mod problem.

Trade works mehh. I try to figure out a good deal and get furs selling for a good price quite often, then I check goods, no fur... kind of ruined my trade character.
Also, I want to thank the mod for me finding some awesome marches through it!

you should really stop blaming peoples computers for not being able to run a 2005 game with some extra scripts .. this is 2012, people now have much better computers than back then. there must be something else...

Gambino said:
you should really stop blaming peoples computers for not being able to run a 2005 game with some extra scripts .. this is 2012, people now have much better computers than back then. there must be something else...

Yeah, it is called "Mount and Blade engine".

Gambino said:

I understand your frustration, but you have to listen now:

"I took all I can get from the M&B Engine. The streets are quite detailed, extended and 'big'. The world map is huge, offers detailed towns and forts. The village scene almost offers a whole new world. The battles are fought by soldiers, equipped with detailed uniforms and weapons. To summarize: the world you enter, is a world the engine almost can't handle it. That is just like playing a game with ultra high graphical settings. I already said texture detail set on 30% is around average. Just the quality Native M&B offers. But Native M&B doesn't offer ultra high quality.
So if you computer can handle Shogun II - Total War with ultra high settings, then you won't encounter problems  :razz:!"

Can we open a thread to post research information and put up example images of stuff that can be put into the game in mini-mods?

Hello all,

After playing around with this mod for a week, I have to say content wise, it is the best "M&B English" mod availible at the moment.The sheer amount of custom content is staggering, not only is there new item meshes but the gameplay mechanics has been altered so much so that it almost feels like it's another game altogether.

(However... as always there is a "But" =_=)

But! This mod is too broken, the medium which you used is so limited both graphics and resource wise that it simply cannot support the meshes/textures which you've imported. This results in having to lowerr graphics settings to a point where it is simply unacceptable just to be able to play this mod for 30 minutes without facing a CTD  (Rigs able to run Skyrim on ultra settings forced to run M&B on 189% graphics efficiency settings).

The scripts used is both so innovative and intuitive that is fits the time period perfectly but without a good visual aspect to compliment those pages of script it holds the mod back so much more.

There are meshes missing e.g. "silver ingots", textures conflicts in towns e.g. "Certinje Boulevard", game log being too short e.g. Locations only go to "S" consequently unable to find towns/villages alphabetically after "S" and so many more strange and unknown bugs which cause CTD that it makes this promising game into short and frustrating 30 minute sessions.

Please Port this mod to Warband. I understand that it is a difficult long and arduous task however "M&B" no longer has the ability to support the amount of content this mod brings to the table.

Sincerely
Frustrated at 1805

Back
Top Bottom