[Playstation Move]:...if added to M&B...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Trevty1066 said:
The Wii motion plus adds a gyroscope to the camera tracking, the same as the Move.

The wii motion plus (or the wiimote) never had a camera. Just sayin.

MadocComadrin said:
Sixaxis was announced AFTER the Wii's motion control, and was viewed as a half-baked attempt to jump on the bandwagon. It basically used the same, but beefed up, tech as Kirby Tilt'n'Tumble (Game Boy Color).

Actually the sixaxis has, inside, a more advanced technology than the wiimote itself. It has more degrees of freedom (six instead of three) and the "announced after" excuse is rather weak. There's no way tu develop, test and produce a technology like that in just a few months. Conspiracy theorists normally fall very short of reality.
it's obvious that it was developed for a long time.  No one knows how long. The only thing we do know for sure is that the sixaxis was released first. Which isn't surprising since Sony had been experimenting with alternate controller methids for years  with the Eyetoy.

Second, those are demos. Since they are meant to show off the controller, they have their motion control optimized and since there is barely any other content, the programmers didn't have to work on other game play mechanics, balance, mapping, immersion, story, etc... all the other things that make games good. The Wii's demos showed the same promise.

Sorry to burst a bubble. The table tennis game and  sorcery ain't demos, they're retail products that will be sold this fall.
No demos for the wii EVER shown the same promise (and they often fail miserably, like the showing of the new Zelda game at E3)

Third, the Wii combines infrared tracking (triangulation) with gyroscope and accelerometer technology. That can get the same amount of precision, if not more efficiently than the Move's Glowing Bulb. The only thing it can't  do is capture video data, which isn't used by the Move itself, but just the Eye.

You're completely wrong. Infrared triangolation only works on one axis and adds very little precision to the controller.
On the other hand the camera works on every axis, since it can precisely detect both the position of the bulb in space and it's distance (the farther it is, the smaller it is), adding precise data on every axis to the data coming from the sensors inside the controller.

Nintendo could, however, develop a camera accessory as well to even the field

yeah, they could also invent hot water. This doesn't make the current wiimotion plus anywheree comparable with the precision of the move. The actual precision in games like Red Steel 2 or Wii Sports Resort is better than the original wiimote, but actually still very clunky. Also it does absolutely no body tracking.

Finally, the Move and the Eye are not standard peripherals, thus lowering the available demographic available for developers wishing to use the technology. This means less profit potential, which means less incentive to use the technology, which means less quantity demanded for the tech itself at supply-demand equilibrium.

you forgot a little element there. The wii is aimed primarily to casual gamers. Casual gamers buy very little games. In fact the only games that are really successful on the wii are the ones produced and marketed by Nintendo. Third party games mostly flop.

on the other hand the Move is marketed towards both hardcore gamers and casual gamers. Hardcore gamers are a much more fertile ground for third party developers, because differently from the wii's casual audience, they don't play just super mario and wii sports.
The sizable list of third party developers that already jumped on board with Move is quite an indication that they have high hopes for the tech, and plan on it being more profitable than their games on the wii.

I wouldnt mind doing something physical...but how will the game work?
Have can you run forwards and backwards? have can you ride a horse and hop off?
I can see it working in 1 on 1 close range combat and the fact that enemies come at you in waves, but your ingame character would be staying in one spot the whole time, or you have no control over where your character goes.
If M&B can find a way to make it work on this, then sure, but i dont really see a comfortable way on making an M&B for the new playstation.

James380 said:
I wouldnt mind doing something physical...but how will the game work?
Have can you run forwards and backwards? have can you ride a horse and hop off?
I can see it working in 1 on 1 close range combat and the fact that enemies come at you in waves, but your ingame character would be staying in one spot the whole time, or you have no control over where your character goes.
If M&B can find a way to make it work on this, then sure, but i dont really see a comfortable way on making an M&B for the new playstation.

In theory (personally i would still prefer mouse and keyboard mind you), Move has an implement named  the Navigation controller, that can work for shield control with the motion sensors included, and has an analogic lever and several buttons for when the motion controls have to be used for "core" gamers that require moving around and doing advanced things.

Back
Top Bottom