Resolved Is there any way to recover a lost save file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.1.6
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: I grinded a single player campaign for 60 hours, but after a while I stopped manual saving, and just rolled on with auto saves, set to 5 minute intervals. Then I wanted to try something new, so I started a second campaign with a different character, but with the intention of coming back to my old game later. Only to find out, that the new game campaign I just started have overwritten my first campaign, and I can only use the manual save point, but that's so early, and I would loose so much progress, that my soul left my body when I found out this. So my first question is obvious as stated in the title, is there any way to get it back? And the second question: why is the game designed like this? Why can't the game use different auto saves for different campaigns? And if it must be this way, at least put a HUGE WARNING FOR NEW PLAYERS WITH ALL CAPS ABOUT THIS INFORMATION WHEN THEY TRY TO START A NEW CAMPAIGN.
How to Reproduce: Stated in the summary
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): -
Media (Screenshots & Video): -
Computer Specs:
GPU: Sapphire RX 6900 XT
GPU Driver Version: 23.9.2
CPU: AMD R7 5800X
RAM: 32 GB
Motherboard: Asus B350 Prime Plus
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 860 Evo 1 Tb

Nevermind, someone already told me that it's impossible to get it back. I love the game so much, but this is such a horrible technical issue. What's the point of this? To save a few megabytes of storage capacity? I don't want to stop playing, but I can't get back into it after loosing this much progress.

Back
Top Bottom