Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

is it possible to add a neutral commoner warrior/knight/archer classes?
i wish to play a warrior who isnt tied to a faction, unless i take outlaw my stats will be horrible
Join a faction as whatever class you want and give 1000 to the faction leader and ask him to kick you from the faction and you'll be a commoner and still have the class you just trained.

I was on a server for more than 4hours and I went to bed  , later I relog in and I found  only my money was saved , I was an docoter and iin factionn , but what I found when I reenter the game is I am a factionless peasant with 1000 denari,

I dont know what bug it is  , obviously  the server has never reset ,I checked the remaining time .

Holdup, I remember hearing someone complain about that..... They said just what you said, what's your In-game name?

I play as a doctor mainly and..

-A slight increase in battle stats?
-Draw out the poison time so we don't need to be next to them when it happens.
-Some people tell me even when they're below 75% or the HP cap a Doctor can heal to that it hurts them. (This is kinda rare)

I was on another server, not RCC .They set the round time to 7 days (165 hours). So I went to bed in the hope that I can save everything and come back to continue.

But It only saves the money.  BTW, is it the money lost when u disconnect too much , I saw a player disconnected and picked up his money bag ,I got like 1000 denar,

I totally understand when he reenters and find how much he lost  how sad he would be.

And we simply run out of mine quickly after 10 hours play and we got nothing to do  since the ships all sunk and round time is 7days.

hakjimmy said:
But It only saves the money.  BTW, is it the money lost when u disconnect too much , I saw a player disconnected and picked up his money bag ,I got like 1000 denar,
You can lose between 10% and 20% of your gold when rejoining the server, and this is not dropped as loot, so the money bag you got was partly the value of his armor, and partly the normal loot percentage of 10% - 20%: so you can lose up to 40% when you disconnect, unless you do it when already dead. This was intended to discourage players disconnecting when they are in danger, but I guess there is no difference between that and choosing spectator to commit suicide... so maybe the gold loss on rejoin should be removed entirely, making the normal 20% lost on death the only penalty (the feature was added long before loot bags).
Deserath said:
I play as a doctor mainly and..
-A slight increase in battle stats?
-Draw out the poison time so we don't need to be next to them when it happens.
-Some people tell me even when they're below 75% or the HP cap a Doctor can heal to that it hurts them. (This is kinda rare)
Not sure about the stats increase, but the rest was planned for the next patch.

Could u elaborate on it  a bit ,  We were running a different server  I dont know much about it    is it like u can reset the ship without restart the round???

ya. idk how but ive seen it done many times. all CRASHED ships are sent to the respawn

hakjimmy said:
Could u elaborate on it  a bit ,  We were running a different server  I dont know much about it    is it like u can reset the ship without restart the round???
Elaborate on how to reset sunken ships? Join as an admin, select admin tools from the escape menu, click "reset sunken ships".

You probably added a "pw_scene_day_time" scene prop (or it was inserted by the game because you opened a scene for another mod, or earlier PWMOD) with var1 set to 0 (the default) which sets that hour of the day for the scene (although warband only has 3 different lighting and skybox types for time of day, by default).

Thanks. And can you please explain how to make the ships work ? I used the F2 key to see the information but I'm still not sure of what I'm doing, also do the portcullises work like in Native, or I also have to add something else. And what do you mean with ID + multipiler ?

Edit: And for what is the ship_(letter)_cd ?

From the F1 help: "Active scene props (starting with pw) do not work in this mode, only on a dedicated server." If you check the help entry for ships, you should see "Only place the hull, the other parts are spawned at mission start."; the _cd scene prop is a bounding object only used for checking collisions, since the engine can't detect them between two complex bounding meshes: at least one mesh must be made out of spheres and cylinders. Portcullises work similar to native (you place them in the down position, and put the corresponding winch nearby) except that you can make a portcullis be linked with a far away winch, with another one in between, by setting the same number for var2; this is detailed at the end of the F2 information, starting with "The scene props with 'value 2 = linking id with x'".

For ID + multiplier I presume you mean faction / castle id and multiplier? This means a combination value with in the "ones column" 0 = commoners, 1 = outlaws, 2 = castle 1, and so on up to 9; and then the multiples of 10 represent the price difference for this specific scene prop. I don't really know how to make it much more understandable than it is in the editor information window...

Ok, now it's time to show a tiny part of my map. The terrain isn't done yet, I still have to place "The Treasure Island", some rivers, hills etc. For now it has just a town and a harbour.

mb4.jpg
mb5c.jpg
mb6.jpg
mb1r.jpg
mb2d.jpg

The trees inside the town cannot be cut down.

Swadian Man at Arms said:
Ok, now it's time to show a tiny part of my map. The terrain isn't done yet, I still have to place "The Treasure Island", some rivers, hills etc. For now it has just a town and a harbour.

mb4.jpg
mb5c.jpg
mb6.jpg
mb1r.jpg
mb2d.jpg

The trees inside the town cannot be cut down.
Nice town! :grin: Do you make pirate port somewhere  in your map?  :wink:

I have few questions. As a doctor, about WHAT poison talked Deserath? Is that a Poisoned Dagger? And how does it work?

Also, if I want to heal, I need a Sculptor, and does it take any money when im healing? also from what hp amount to what hp amount i can heal?

EDIT

I have a suggestion. Make it so following classes can be "Commoners":

- Doctor
- Engineer
- Mercenary

next to "Peasant".

It would add a possiblity to become a traveller (doctor) or a local blacksmith (Engineer) or just a guard (Mercenary).

The reasoning behind not allowing commoner engineers or doctors is that in medieval times (dark ages), almost everyone had a lord; you couldn't just get free university education and then wander around as a totally neutral person amongst all the fighting - only unimportant little peasants could do that, to some extent. I might make it possible join a faction and train as a skilled class, and then leave for the commoners without changing to a peasant class, but with the drawback that you would respawn as a peasant when you die, rather than the class you trained to be (when you stay joined to the faction, it would still work as it does now).

wickerman_156 said:
is it possible to add a neutral commoner warrior/knight/archer classes?
i wish to play a warrior who isnt tied to a faction, unless i take outlaw my stats will be horrible
Join a faction as whatever class you want and give 1000 to the faction leader and ask him to kick you from the faction and you'll be a commoner and still have the class you just trained.

What if you die or reconnect? Will you respawn again as the class with your proper class starting gear?
If so, a neutral engineer would be cool for me.

EDIT: And the above post sounds like this "bug" was fixed? I dunno I gotta go now.

Back
Top Bottom