Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Roikku said:
Slycoin said:
  I worked my ass of to get a cart horse and when I started transporting stuff, I got my face smashed up and I lost it all. But yea I dont think there is any cure for that, exept getting transported to jail like in Gta sa mp crazy bob servers.

This jail thing instead of Outlaw faction would be a great idea! Haha I loved the jail in GTA SAMP crazy bob's, except you got all the world's STDs in those jails. That I don't want in Warband! xD

Another doctor fix suggestion:
Please make Doctor cost 7k+ again and make the scalpel cheaper.

Just too easy to get randomed even by your own faction and lose 3k+ scalpel which the randomer who deserves a ban instead goes to sell..
Also if you are a neutral doctor this will be hard to get a scalpel back and then you're forced to become a commoner serf again to make money, join a faction, become doctor, pay 1k to get kicked from faction, then get randomed again when you walk out the door. Then repeat..

EDIT: People really like to "RP" wandering freelance doctors on the RCC server atleast so this change would be good.

So.. make scalpels cost like 600-1000g instead, and raise the training cost of doctor.
Doctors aren't making 3k gold by healing people.. So the scalpel high cost is silly.

EDIT: Someone should make a GTA SA-MP crazy bob's cops and robbers mod on Warband MP, truly! With different jobs just like in crazy's. Medieval themed ofcourse.
This really. But it's not only the doctor that's affected by this.

Whenever you've chosen a medium-high cost class, and decked yourself out appropriate to that class and die just once, you're basically stranded. You've got an expensive troop, who's broke and got extremely inferior gear. You can't go back to chopping wood, because your labor won't allow that. Going back to serf just defeats the purpose of respawning with the same troop class. Asking money is pointless, because people are either broke, or a serf who won't give it to you or they're in the same boat as you.

Looting people is most definitely not enough to support you by itself. Each fight you get into is a dice roll whether you win or lose. After the fight you've got a big cooldown with being wounded and in need of finding a bed, rest a few times and prepare yourself again.

Saving money isn't really an option either.You've either got a healthy purse of coins left over and die, resulting in losing quite a bit of it. Or you're almost broke, meaning you can't afford the stuff on respawn anyway.

I'm not sure how to fix something like this. Gear paid by the faction itself might be a nice solution. Though managing it might be a bit problematic for the lord in question. Perhaps a default "limit" of how much a troop can spend, which is adjustable for the lord. Money for the faction can be earned for each piece of resource that is sold in the faction's castle by a serf of that faction.

Indrease starting money so people can buy default stuff even after death? Those who want to buy more expensive stuff have to work.
1) Trading - simply as it was before. You can buy some good cheaper in one castle and sell more expensive i nanother, so people can travel to earn money.
2) Finally fix that **** with iron production. Its totally unprofitable. Its easier to sell an iron bar then produce smth with it.
Change it so you dont need long iron bar for a ****ty arming sword. Just maybe like this:
****ty swords = 1 small iron bar and you earn 60% of sword by producing it
average swords = 1 normal iron bar
very good swords = 1 long iron bar
For now its really unprofitable and useless to produce swords
3) Make faction money chest available ONLY for the Faction Leader. So he can take money out of it to sponsor soldiers.
Also make it so 5-15% of profit of selling good at castle goes to this chest. Then faction leaders can sponsor people to join factions.
4) Make it so mines go back again and increase the amount of mines. Maybe one small mine near EACH castle. For now the faction with a castle near the mines is ALWAYS geting strongest.

Toriati said:
Maybe being able to switch global chat off? Would be pretty sweet, although you could just ignore the people who moan or spam global.

Meh, i don't make these mods and i have no idea how too, but i respect all the good work that has been put in.

I would love that. Just threaten the server with it when they're being retards.

Swadian Man at Arms said:
Suggestion: Please use the new meshes for Falchion and Knife, it would be very useful for pirates.
They are already used, just not for default items, which are supposed to look ugly.
Phoenix234 said:
currently we have factions taking up things that should be outlaws, like pirates, searaiders and "huns" they act as outlaws but claim a castle etc.
There is nothing wrong with that: it's up to the members to choose whether the faction is "good" or "bad", outlaws are just a limited faction for the more chaotic players who don't want to team up, and want to be able to kill anyone. As said before, you can RP a "bad" person in absolutely any faction you want, including commoners.
aliabdali said:
Read the first post; almost everything you said is either specified it's not going to happen, or that it might be added eventually.
Phoenix234 said:
ive spoken to some other admins and we have agreed we want a admin room.
That's partly up to the scene maker, and I'm not concentrating on more admin tools until the basic game mode works better.
Roikku said:
Please make Doctor cost 7k+ again and make the scalpel cheaper.
No; as I have said already, doctors are not a "solo" class; you need protection, which includes your team mates getting the scalpel if you die.
Azrayel said:
Day/Night cycles?
Not possible without restarting the mission (you might call it "map").
Pisatel said:
Indrease starting money so people can buy default stuff even after death? Those who want to buy more expensive stuff have to work.
1) Trading - simply as it was before. You can buy some good cheaper in one castle and sell more expensive i nanother, so people can travel to earn money.
Starting money is only given once, when you first join; you never get more money automatically after that. Trading is up to the scene maker, since they can set the price percentage for specific buying scene props.
Pisatel said:
2) Finally fix that **** with iron production.
See here for the current plan.
Pisatel said:
3) Make faction money chest available ONLY for the Faction Leader. So he can take money out of it to sponsor soldiers.
Also make it so 5-15% of profit of selling good at castle goes to this chest. Then faction leaders can sponsor people to join factions.
Already is that way, unless people have smashed the chest - in that case it needs repairing with wood. The next version has 20% of
items bought at the castle going into the chest, rather than 10%, and 50% of the training costs at that castle; I'll make the chest stronger as well.
Pisatel said:
4) Make it so mines go back again and increase the amount of mines. Maybe one small mine near EACH castle. For now the faction with a castle near the mines is ALWAYS geting strongest.
Added in the next version, as I have said multiple times already.

on my pirate map, the peasants live in small villages around the map, i want pirates to be able to raid these areas and steal from them.
is it possible to have areas that put income in a chest for the controling faction that the pirates can steal from.

forcing factions to protect key areas of land from invasion etc.

Anyone can steal from any chest, if they smash it or pick the lock. I don't want to add special game rules for specific factions like "pirates" or whatever.

I did note u dont get the stats or faction saved  once in a while after u reenter,  but it does save money  , dont know whether its a bug

and the treasuray is too easy to break into ,every1 with a knife can easily break it ans steal the money.  I know its realistic in this way  but I had fixed the chest for my lord many times , everytime I come back after several minutes to check if its safe and I found its broken again  , maybe make it a little hard to smash up?

And one more thing we went crazy to  go mining  at the island  ,its so profitable and so much fun , but does the money go to the treasuray chest for tax use if u go sell iron bars at the greencastle's port  where the iron bar selling point  has an "Export " mark below.  I mean if the cart things work in the future , all ppl would risk their lifes go to sea and pull back a full cart loaded with like 30 iron bars and sell them to the export , in that way , no1 will stockpile short iron bars ,and all mine will be depleted without being stacked in the castle since all went to export and extinguished.

hakjimmy said:
I did note u dont get the stats or faction saved  once in a while after u reenter,  but it does save money  , dont know whether its a bug
Strange; did you disconnect very quickly after changing faction? You might need to wait 5 - 15 seconds or so to make sure it has saved your new troop and faction.
hakjimmy said:
and the treasuray is too easy to break into ,every1 with a knife can easily break it ans steal the money.
As said in big post above, next version will have increased chest hp.
hakjimmy said:
I mean if the cart things work in the future , all ppl would risk their lifes go to sea and pull back a full cart loaded with like 30 iron bars and sell them to the export , in that way , no1 will stockpile short iron bars ,and all mine will be depleted without being stacked in the castle since all went to export and extinguished.
Export doesn't give money to any castle treasury, and is by default slightly more profitable than selling to a castle stockpile, but as you say it removes resources from the game: so factions might need to convince other players to deposit resources at their castle, so they don't run out. The next version will make crafting more profitable and allow more weapons to be created from the same amount of resources.

Could you make possible to tie export prop to castle, the way that each sold resource gives some auto tax to castle treasury?

Second idea - auto wages. Simple idea to allow semi-automatic sharing of faction wealth between members (constant problem of soldiers without any way of earning money). In theory, faction leader could just pay soldiers manually, but with a lot of players it isn't that easy.
How could it work:
-leader manually set "rank" of each player
-each rank have set "points"
-leader also set amount of "reserves" (in %)
-now every 30 minutes, there is payday: players get paid from faction's castles treasuries using formula
["total faction wealth" * (1 - "reserves") * "player's points" / "sum of all players points"]

Possible ranks:
recruit (automatically upon joining faction) 1 point
soldier 4 points
captain 7 points
marshal 11 points

ranks could be also used for other things, like door locks (treasury doors only soldier+, to prevent recruits from breaking bank), votes during faction pools (1/2/3/4). could also gives some fancy colors on scoreboard.

I'd still like to see unbreakable dungeon doors (making each cell with portcuils and winch is a bit overkill). breakable is no go, because prisoner would just smash them down sooner or later.
They can be either openable only from outside or only by castle owners + by lockpick.

I can wait to get rid of the map we are using right now and move onto Pheonix's. btw it sound purdy dang awesome pheonix!

Just wanted to say: thanks for the pretty Khegrit Dress B  :mrgreen: But I wonder; why hide the pretty red dress under a thick leather jacket? I get it's for travel, but at court I don't think ye'd keep it on over...

Oh well, that's off-topic. On-topic, and I'm sure you've said this somewhere, how does one go about adding boats to the map? I've seen the pw boat sail, sans-sail, and some thing called "CD" that doesn't seem to be a visible object at all but rather some invisible thing that's a blue box when selected.

CalenLoki said:
Could you make possible to tie export prop to castle, the way that each sold resource gives some auto tax to castle treasury?
Hmm, probably; do you think 20% (tax recieved when buying from a stockpile, in alpha4) is a good percentage? Or I could maybe use var2 as the tax percentage, since there is no stack count?
CalenLoki said:
ranks, wages...
I had very similar ideas during development, but I decided that they were too complicated to add for now, maybe later; it would need to tie in somehow with factions having an income and expenses, balancing it all. Players can still do all that stuff manually. I'll add the link to your post to the list, to check back on later :wink:
CalenLoki said:
I'd still like to see unbreakable dungeon doors (making each cell with portcuils and winch is a bit overkill). breakable is no go, because prisoner would just smash them down sooner or later.
They can be either openable only from outside or only by castle owners + by lockpick.
I can remove the hit triggers from some of the dungeon doors, but door lockpicking isn't implemented yet - might not get to it for a while.
Azrayel said:
how does one go about adding boats to the map? I've seen the pw boat sail, sans-sail, and some thing called "CD" that doesn't seem to be a visible object at all but rather some invisible thing that's a blue box when selected.
Details in the F1 and F2 editor information windows. CD = collision detection.

Could I please get some instructions and a crafting guide, PLEASE. its very difficult after all. How do I make bows, what do I use? I tried to make a full steel 2h battleaxe with a 1 long and 1 short iron bar, because thats what it looked like it needed.

Its freakin stupid that we have to find out the recepies ourselves. Because well you know even "minecraft" recepies are pretty logical, but people still need the recepie book, to make stuff, to make sure you have the right stuff and you wont loose any money/resource getting things accidentaly wrong.

Yea I noticed that making swords was a unprofitable thing. But the whole team cant only function with bows. So where the hell can I get some 1h swords.

I played on the  server for 5 hours so Its not like I disconnect right after I join a faction. I am sure I joined a faction  and be a serf for more than 4 hours and then I quit

and many ppl on our server also complain about they only got the money left but without the stats and faction being saved  they respawn being a peasant with thousands of money.

1 how to pick a lock , I know u have to be a bandit , but do you have to buy a tool???
2 is there a bandit lair??? where is it?
3 I do like the payment system suggestion  , just make the lord  a new option menu to allocate a certain amount of money to particular faction members.

and the lord still have to gain money from the treasuary himself.

4 where to buy those noble clothes??

Back
Top Bottom