Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

the issue im having is 4 factions that i dont like are in power. ive got a group of men who would serve me but we cant overthrow anyone without joining a faction and outvoting the leader.

where if i could go neutral and make a deal with another faction to let me take control of the other factions castle in return for XXX gold it would be alot better i think

Very very very nice mod you guyz made. Tired it out, we got some real nice castle battles. :mrgreen:. I like the way I can buy armor, unlike in regular PW where I had to kill myself to get a new one. And I like the way there is no limit. I can buy whatever armor I wish and mix it with whatever helmet and greaves nso.

Now things I quite didnt like. I found it rather hard to use a ship to go anywhere, because once I got off it there was no way to get back there, unless you park it with enormesly good skill. Most of the time the ships where in the middle of the lake/sea/whatever and there was no ship to use.
    Killing randomly doesnt really have any penalties: I worked my ass of to get a cart horse and when I started transporting stuff, I got my face smashed up and I lost it all. But yea I dont think there is any cure for that, exept getting transported to jail like in Gta sa mp crazy bob servers.
    I didnt quite like the surgeon and the engineer skills. Nobody liked them I think. The only person that really whould play them is the one who lost a bet. In all the time I spent playing I think I only saw one engineer, and the only reason he was an engineer was that we whould have gotten skrewed,if he wasnt there. Couldnt those two skills like be mixed up with some other skills? I dont know a highly trained men of arms can also learn a bit of engineering and siege warfare.
    Chests are useless, most of the time our own faction teammates beated the chests to rubble to get the 5000 gp. Chests are not a bad idea, but it really doesnt work right, in my oppinion at least.
      The most annyoing thing I really hated, was that there was no way for a skilled men at arms or swordsman or anyother kind of warrior to get any money. Seriusly the only way was to kill some commoners who drop like 50gp and thats it. Skilled enemies with more money where way more harder to kill. Only serfs and commoners can get any serius money at all. I really hate that I train myself to be a man at arms for 5000gp and when I die alot and cant buy any serius armor or weapons anymore, I have to throw that expensive training away and become a serf again to get some money. I could cut wood and mine iron, but what about my other gear than, if I am an archer I have a bow, 2 bags of arrows and a sword, then where do I fit a pickaxe/axe than and that resource I want to gather. I can drop the war gear, but than someone else will pick it up or it will dissapear and when the castle gets assaulted again I only have my trusty pickaxe and lumps of iron to count on. My suggestion to solve this, is the serve drinks thing like in the old PW. U know, I dont have to be a serf or something, I can be anybody and get some money, without having to drop my equipment and only with a cost of time.
      Overall I liked this mod pretty much, way bigger improvement than in the regular PW. Keep up the good work.

Roikku said:
EDIT: And the above post sounds like this "bug" was fixed? I dunno I gotta go now.
No, it isn't a bug, and it's not planned to be fixed in this (conquest) game mode; factions are the only ones that get to train the skilled classes, since they own and protect the training stations. I personally dislike the tendency of some RP games to allow players to waltz in from nowhere pretending to be the Grand Emperor of Walakalooza, but with hardly any followers and little interaction with other players or the game environment to get that status - their back story is imaginary, not played out in the game.
Phoenix234 said:
the issue im having is 4 factions that i dont like are in power. ive got a group of men who would serve me but we cant overthrow anyone without joining a faction and outvoting the leader.
where if i could go neutral and make a deal with another faction to let me take control of the other factions castle in return for XXX gold it would be alot better i think
Basically, you want to have more than 4 castle factions in the game? Might be possible to enable more eventually, but it might take a bit of script and scene modification. If I just allow neutral armies, there would be much less reason to bother with castles or protecting anything - they could just steal weapons from someone else's castle and run away if anyone attacked.

Suggestion: Please use the new meshes for Falchion and Knife, it would be very useful for pirates.

Anyway here is "The Treasure Island".

mb1gy.jpg
mb2jo.jpg
mb3xt.jpg
mb4a.jpg
mb5ta.jpg

All the palms can be cut down and sold there, but the iron ore needs transport.

Make only Outlaws with bad rep KoS, not outlaws thay say hello, cause i was outlaw (long story) and i just killed over and over again (mostly for money) and all i did was say hello or just walk by. And Add A faction chat porfavor(please)

Swadian Man at Arms said:
Suggestion: Please use the new meshes for Falchion and Knife, it would be very useful for pirates.

Anyway here is "The Treasure Island".

mb1gy.jpg
mb2jo.jpg
mb3xt.jpg
mb4a.jpg
mb5ta.jpg

All the palms can be cut down and sold there, but the iron ore needs transport.
Nice little palm island :grin:

Dravic said:
I have few questions. As a doctor, about WHAT poison talked Deserath? Is that a Poisoned Dagger? And how does it work?

Also, if I want to heal, I need a Sculptor, and does it take any money when im healing? also from what hp amount to what hp amount i can heal?

EDIT

I have a suggestion. Make it so following classes can be "Commoners":

- Doctor
- Engineer
- Mercenary

next to "Peasant".

It would add a possiblity to become a traveller (doctor) or a local blacksmith (Engineer) or just a guard (Mercenary).

i didnt mean more then 4 factions persay i meant if there are 4 factions taken already and i have a army of people who want to follow me i should be able to become a neutral faction of sorts and rebel against a player, if i take the neutral flag and put it on the roof of the castle i become the new leader or something like that

currently we have factions taking up things that should be outlaws, like pirates, searaiders and "huns" they act as outlaws but claim a castle etc.

i need a option so i can remove a faction from the game if i succeed in my war or attack.

also respawn needs to be higher i think, you kill a guy and he appears in his castle 5 seconds later which isnt good when your sieging the castle :razz:

Phoenix234 said:
i didnt mean more then 4 factions persay i meant if there are 4 factions taken already and i have a army of people who want to follow me i should be able to become a neutral faction of sorts and rebel against a player, if i take the neutral flag and put it on the roof of the castle i become the new leader or something like that

currently we have factions taking up things that should be outlaws, like pirates, searaiders and "huns" they act as outlaws but claim a castle etc.

i need a option so i can remove a faction from the game if i succeed in my war or attack.

also respawn needs to be higher i think, you kill a guy and he appears in his castle 5 seconds later which isnt good when your sieging the castle :razz:

He needs a weapon first so he shouldn't be a problem.

Here is an overview of the map (still not completed).

mb6uc.jpg

you spawn with basic weapons.
i recently ran a coup inside another faction, he kicked me and my men out of the faction during the vote to cheat the vote, resulting in a fight.
my men killed the majority of his but they simply respawned and picked up the weapons in the castle or used what they spawned with.

you cant beat back a faction when they can respawn instantly in there own base, you have to go for the castle roof straight away with a flag before the fight even starts :/

solution - make players spawn always as serfs (without changing faction) - so it will be really hard to get back to fight in the same battle (unless defenders keep training room safe) :razz:

hi i have a few things what u can do to make this mod to the best mod ever:

put in:
-npcs like bandits, merchants and villagers
-make merchants to buy items without crafting (it should be more expensive but so can even fractions without an good enginneer have a chance)
-make quests
-make that u can buy good equipment ,not for 1 life, but  for 3 hours or so
and less good equipment for ever (but it should be very expensive to buy eq for ever)
- make night and day
-weather
-use that mod for better graphics
-health should be regt slowlie by self because it is ****t to after every bad combat to a bed
- a bigger map would be great
-and make better siege with ladders and siege towers pls
-players should be spawn every 3 minutes or so, because when u siege a castle every 5 seconds where are new defenders (today we where 30 men and the enemy 10 and they win because they spawn there)
- make one rollplay server and one withoout rollplay (but also kick random killers)
-and skilling like in crpg and leveling for ever (with max level or very slow leveling from level 20 or so)

i think if u do all this things everyone plays pw mod and crpg dies xD (i hates crpg because its just fighting and u must play 30 hours to get a level with that u can fight and dont be killed all 10 seconds)

Suggestion: 

Either small iron bars need to be cheaper for engineers only (or Lords, if you want to highlight that aspect of the realm), or the reward for crafting iron bar items needs to be raised.  That way we eliminate Warbow Mills and give crafters incentives to run around their armory, filling it with toys while making a modest profit.

ALso, idea for map:

Have a map with two "continents" each with their own forest and iron mines, and each with two castles.  Big open ocean between them for boat battles, and along one egde they are connected by a thin strip of land (easily defended). So the two castles on each continent SHOULD ally with eachother and pool resources to attack across the seas. ... but they don't have to. :smile:

Engineers ussualy battle over use of the crafting bench pherhaps more in a storage would be good
and to go with what the lad said before me he is right
The only way to make a profit as an engineer is making bows especially warbows and longbows
When you craft swords you lose to much money

I don't think rules can be implimented in this mod honestly

Ya cant play 1 min with out some guy screaming about a randomer and when theres 100 people on at a time
I pity the poor admin because hes getting yelled at all the time

SO the best thing to do is join a faction that offers protection

Thats what happened in Medieval times anyways so in a way no rules is more realistic

It makes people ban together

Otherwise This mod is pretty damn good

First, I'd like to say: world class mod you've made. Absolutely awsome.
However, whenever I go to the server list, I get a message that says that the server is running a different module then the one I am. I know that the server says PW Alpha 3, and that I have the module running, but might it have something to do with the map being "Test Scene"? Apologies if this is an often asked question, or a stupid one

ive spoken to some other admins and we have agreed we want a admin room.
basically a warp where we can go which has all of the weapons,clothes,resources and flags fully stocked. this way if we want to run an event or to fix a randomers warpath we can teleport to our room, collect the stuff we need and teleport back saving us alot of time.

Phoenix234 said:
basically a warp where we can go which has all of the weapons,clothes,resources and flags fully stocked. this way if we want to run an event or to fix a randomers warpath we can teleport to our room, collect the stuff we need and teleport back saving us alot of time.

+ 1000 Metalhead points.

This. Is. Needed. As. I. Want. To. Abooze. Admin!

Seriously - that is a good idea. Admin chat would also be great to have.

Mars250 said:
Phoenix234 said:

+ 1000 Metalhead points.

This. Is. Needed. As. I. Want. To. Abooze. Admin!

Seriously - that is a good idea. Admin chat would also be great to have.

Ohh Admin Chat. I remember that working wonders on other games I have played. Technically we could just use steam, but I think an admin chat would be nice. Maybe Admins can see admin chat, but everyone can type to admin chat? So a regular player could report something in Admin chat and such.

Maybe being able to switch global chat off? Would be pretty sweet, although you could just ignore the people who moan or spam global.

Meh, i don't make these mods and i have no idea how too, but i respect all the good work that has been put in.

Slycoin said:
  I worked my ass of to get a cart horse and when I started transporting stuff, I got my face smashed up and I lost it all. But yea I dont think there is any cure for that, exept getting transported to jail like in Gta sa mp crazy bob servers.

This jail thing instead of Outlaw faction would be a great idea! Haha I loved the jail in GTA SAMP crazy bob's, except you got all the world's STDs in those jails. That I don't want in Warband! xD

Another doctor fix suggestion:
Please make Doctor cost 7k+ again and make the scalpel cheaper.

Just too easy to get randomed even by your own faction and lose 3k+ scalpel which the randomer who deserves a ban instead goes to sell..
Also if you are a neutral doctor this will be hard to get a scalpel back and then you're forced to become a commoner serf again to make money, join a faction, become doctor, pay 1k to get kicked from faction, then get randomed again when you walk out the door. Then repeat..

EDIT: People really like to "RP" wandering freelance doctors on the RCC server atleast so this change would be good.

So.. make scalpels cost like 600-1000g instead, and raise the training cost of doctor.
Doctors aren't making 3k gold by healing people.. So the scalpel high cost is silly.

EDIT: Someone should make a GTA SA-MP crazy bob's cops and robbers mod on Warband MP, truly! With different jobs just like in crazy's. Medieval themed ofcourse.

Back
Top Bottom