Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

I've noticed that sometimes I get a notification that troops are ready to be promoted, but then none of them actually have a promotion option.  It's not consistent though.  I've had that happen twice in succession, but then was able to promote some troops after a third notification.  I'm wondering if maybe it's affected by adding new troops during the day preceding the notification - but I haven't had a chance to really check that out yet.  I do have troop sorting switched on.

Sleeeves said:
I've noticed that sometimes I get a notification that troops are ready to be promoted, but then none of them actually have a promotion option.  It's not consistent though.  I've had that happen twice in succession, but then was able to promote some troops after a third notification.  I'm wondering if maybe it's affected by adding new troops during the day preceding the notification - but I haven't had a chance to really check that out yet.  I do have troop sorting switched on.

I used to think it was just mentioning that some troops have an upgrade available, meaning just the companions which have some points unallocated because I'm waiting to get that third point to open up the next level of skills. Maybe that does it.

I turned off troop sorting for my own party and I get much more consistent exp for my troops. I didn't look at it in a test environment sort of way. Just empirical observationand the feeling that I get way more exp and level ups.

When I attacked a scout party of Zann led by a Bluewood Noble, it said my relationship with Bluewood, instead of Zann, was worsened.

Sleeeves said:
I finally had to turn off sorting for my party to get Perisno Men at Arms to level up to Perisno Cavalry for a help-the-noble quest.  The recruits did level up through the lower levels, albeit slowly, before I turned sorting off, but failed to advance to the Cavalry level for several weeks before I turned off party sorting.

Yeah I'm sorry, it seems that all XP is lost when a troop gets sorted (but it shouldn't have any effect if the troops are already in the right order)

The sorting code was used in Custom Commander, and I never noticed the issue in my tests. I don't believe there is any fix (in the same way that garrisoning a troop that levels up can't be leveled up afterwards) so the feature will likely have to be removed for 0.751, unfortunately :[

Don Leo said:
nuuuuuu!

Don't remove! Just put a warning label somewhere. "Beware: sorted troops lose their exp"

But do you really want sorted troops to lose their EXP in exchange for them being... well, sorted? If so, perhaps it would be better to have the player click a button when they want to sort their party, instead of doing it automatically.

Zephilinox said:
Don Leo said:
nuuuuuu!

Don't remove! Just put a warning label somewhere. "Beware: sorted troops lose their exp"

But do you really want sorted troops to lose their EXP in exchange for them being... well, sorted? If so, perhaps it would be better to have the player click a button when they want to sort their party, instead of doing it automatically.
Heh, yeah, that's a stiff price to pay.  Although, what I've been doing recently is turning party sorting on briefly and then back off (using the Camp menu).  Which is almost the same as having a button.  And garrisons being able to automatically sort themselves is very convenient.

Zephilinox said:
Don Leo said:
nuuuuuu!

Can you please make possible to move selected troops to the bottom or to the top of party list with one click?

sunsstorm said:
Zephilinox said:
Don Leo said:
nuuuuuu!

Can you please make possible to move selected troops to the bottom or to the top of party list with one click?

I made a click repeat macro with my G15. While pressed, it clicks like 20-30 times per second so the troop goes PRRRZZZZTT up and down

Playing Mels Perisno 0.75, I've noticed that I'm no longer able to crush through blocks with the Cavalier's Lance or Knight Lord's Lance.  I used Morg's to check the flags and crush_through is still selected.  Is the flag just not getting picked up?  covers head / couchable is also selected but the lances don't couch for me (though I nearly always thrust, so I don't miss that aspect). 

Don Leo said:
I made a click repeat macro with my G15. While pressed, it clicks like 20-30 times per second so the troop goes PRRRZZZZTT up and down
:grin: excellent simple solution. thanks for the idea
btw my screenshot of archery with macro
9362d7dc5eb79fffb0ba0ffed106cbb6.jpg

I recently tried the Red immortal quest and beat the main party. The leader escaped and hasn't respawned as far as I can see, the quest is still sitting in my quest log. Is this a bug?

Thanks for the amazing mod! Some bug reports, all experienced when playing in Drahara lands (haven't played enough to be sure the same applies elsewhere):

1) I visited 2 villages and 1 capital town (Drahara) and asked a bunch of commoners their profession, and the results were way too homogenous. Every villager said they sift salt, and every townmen said they unload spices. While I didn't try everyone, I did sample 5 or so commoners from each location.

2) Some ladies are being generated with inconsistent family relations, namely sisters. Ie, she is a sister of one guy, who has 2 brothers, but she isn't listed as a sister of any of them.

3) I professed "most ardent admirer" to a lady, and it instantly gave me +100 relations with her. Since I was a new character, this seems a bit too quick.

4) Recieved a love letter quest from a married lord (seems to not have affected the lady in question after delivery, she didn't gain a suitor or anything). Not sure if WAD.

Found an annoying bug that can absolutely wreck ones game/progress/army and not sure if its been posted here, didn't see anyone mention the issue from the searching that I did, pondering if its just local to my machine, I do have a good machine. Whenever I loot a village and then start to travel away from the village the game will super fast forward and everything around me(other parties on the map) will zoom past or a dangerous warband will find me and destroy me or the faction will send a large army and squash me. I have no control over my party when this happens they just sit in the same spot during fast forward. So sadly I have had to stop looting, I read somewhere that looting is the best way to get rich so this has been a real set back for me. Is there something I can do to fix this within game ?

Sorenerv said:
Found an annoying bug that can absolutely wreck ones game/progress/army and not sure if its been posted here, didn't see anyone mention the issue from the searching that I did, pondering if its just local to my machine, I do have a good machine. Whenever I loot a village and then start to travel away from the village the game will super fast forward and everything around me(other parties on the map) will zoom past or a dangerous warband will find me and destroy me or the faction will send a large army and squash me. I have no control over my party when this happens they just sit in the same spot during fast forward. So sadly I have had to stop looting, I read somewhere that looting is the best way to get rich so this has been a real set back for me. Is there something I can do to fix this within game ?

assuming you are running Perisno v0.75
    from camp menu
      change game settings
          wait time multiplier  (default is 8, but in your case this is too high.  I probably have the fastest computer of anyone I know, at least anyone who isn't silly with their finances, and even a 4 Ghz I7 / 4 channels 16 GB RAM / 600 MB/sec+ *sustained* read AND write SSD disk, and Nvidia 750 TI graphics - well, 5 is fine for me.  If you find things moving to fast start with "3" and go up only if you feel annoyed time moves too slow.  A laptop/old PC might need 2).

As for the "need" to loot villages, that's from the out of date v70 player guide.  I put a revised v72 guide last Christmas, and *that version* stopped suggesting you to pollute your honor rating with looting villages.  I put plenty of ways to make money honorably.  Besides outright cheating, Enterprises pay
*FAR* more than native, speculative trade between cities and villages carrying raw silk, iron, salt, flax, and other items that vary hugely in cost by region and city allows profit early on.  Khul vara carrying salt to Murdenhol or either of the dwarven cities is one route; Elven cities and especially villages have cheap raw silk.  The Dwarf lands are swimming in cheap iron mined from the hills.  There are ways to make money.  For v.75  the landowners menu item in any town now is 8x more profitable than before, which in my opinion is almost as immersion breaking as formal cheats but at least you won't need to mug/rape/and molest helpless farmers for cash.

Hell I even put two decent poems in it to get your mind off of looting and pillaging.  Not to imply this is a case of RTFM - (read the fine manual), but I wanted to mention it at least once.

if you don't have it, I'll put a link where you can find one
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEUTdGcGJPYXJsWWc/view?usp=sharing
      hmm looking at it there isn't as much "what do I do now?" as I had hoped.

Although I didn't write the .75 layer of Perisno, I did work with it/incorporate it for Phosphor, and I supplied much of layers .71->.74

- GS

I need help. My wife which is also my minister thing is trying to kill me  :ohdear:

So yeah, I started the game and joined the Kaikoths. I married Lady Helena (without her brother consent) and got Fountain Halls as a fief. Later in the game I asked her to join my party and we battled together for some time. At some point I lost a siege battle in Gawe and most of my companions including her became prisoners there.

The war ended and i found my lost companions here and there, but since that moment my wife was never the same. Her court version was always at Fountain Hall, even when she was a prisoner and she "worked" fine. After this war all she says is:

http://i.imgur.com/euu67Cr.jpg

... and I reply http://i.imgur.com/GbVGKwH.jpg ...

Well that wasn't a major problem...until I decide to quit Kaikoth and make my own Kingdom. I selected her as my minister thing but she still want to kill me. Now I cant arrange the fief distribution for my lords and ladies, unless I give them to my companions speaking directly to them, which only works in the first time.

I will attempt to marry again with another lady since I noticed I can confess being the most ardent admirer of a (married) lady of my kingdom. Let's see how this ends, but I thought it would be a good idea to share this bug. It is a great mod so far and I am having lots of fun, keep up the good work.

I believe you, because I've seen that myself.  It's a consequence of the OSP code snippet "wife as a companion" that just never had anyone, anywhere, fix it.
  I've discussed it before and even put up some pseudo code for how someone less busy/with nothing else to do/however things get done (TM).

So the short answer is there's something you can do right now to pull the cord and parachute away from that marriage:
  step outside town,
    click camp to get the camp menu
      "turn on cheats"
        or else do it the hard way    press  the tilde key    and ctrl  keys at the same time
          in the  commandline  text box  type    cheatmenu      then press enter

To use cheat menus you still have to turn them on from OUTSIDE Perisno.  Theres a toggle when you start Mount and Blade: Warband, but before you actually choose and load the mod of your choice, so do that first.

With cheat menu active, next time you talk to your hostile spouse it offers a cheat menu option to divorce her.
        else it may be hidden in camp menu: actions but only show when cheat menu is on; I think its a dialog option though as I don't see it on my test
        but my test doesn't have a wife active.  I did see it in the Perisno base code, although I'm focused mostly on economy these days.  I haven't actually coded something new in ages -- 3 weeks perhaps!  The source is HUGE so its not something I dive into lightly, but someday...

If you still can't find it, I may yet tweak that section, as it's annoying anyway and I can use the fix in Pho (sort of an experimental extension of Perisno).

- GS

Back
Top Bottom