Perisno Development Thread | Version: 0.8 | Released >>

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They say some of the new factions are getting antsy for war...

ljXorPU.png

No1griffster said:
The tension is unbearable, when is 0.8 released? Surely it's going to be soon?! :grin: :party: :iamamoron: :ohdear:
Since all the troops, troop trees, lords, items, factions and parties (and I mean it: all) are carefully reviewed and, when necessary, changed (about 97-98% of troops will have equipment more or less different from the one you remember), since many unfitting/low-quality items are redesigned or replaced, since the new quests and events are coded by KonykSoldatyk and Abot, it will take some time.
But I am pretty sure it will be worth it.  :grin:

No1griffster said:
The tension is unbearable, when is 0.8 released? Surely it's going to be soon?! :grin: :party: :iamamoron: :ohdear:

:ohdear: Oh man... I NEEDZ it... I NEEDZ it Precious!

Seriously though, it's looking SWEET!

A suggestion for next update:
I dont remember on what mod i saw this, but would be great on Peristo due to the enormous variety of units. When u are on a battle and you die, you automatically take control of any random unit of your army, and the battle continue.
Would be great be a Demon Lord, a Perisno high ranger or a Zann katana fighter for a while until battle ends. Specially on sieges, is boring just wait until battle finish.

Leonion said:
No1griffster said:
Since all the troops, troop trees, lords, items, factions and parties (and I mean it: all) are carefully reviewed and, when necessary, changed (about 97-98% of troops will have equipment more or less different from the one you remember), since many unfitting/low-quality items are redesigned or replaced, since the new quests and events are coded by KonykSoldatyk and Abot, it will take some time.
But I am pretty sure it will be worth it.  :grin:

In the past month we've appreciated the updates with the screenshots for the new troops and keeping us tantalized posted.

I don't wanna make the team feel rushed--though I am curious with about what the completion percentage towards 0.8 you folks think you're at.

A suggestion for the next update:

Please just focus on stabilizing your already-implemented features and not rushing to add more.  :grin:

i wants to sees those giantz

Sky Warden said:
A suggestion for the next update:

Please just focus on stabilizing your already-implemented features and not rushing to add more.  :grin:

i wants to sees those giantz
That is a big focus, do not worry!

Wolf Constables:
3ykHodz.jpg

But enough of cavalry, let's take a look at infantry:
Tolranian Kingsmen:
3ykHJ6q.jpg

Draharan Shadow Warriors:
3ykHQYI.jpg

Maccavian Swordsmen and Swordmasters:
3ykI2Tk.jpg

3ykIcxl.jpg

Perisno Champions:
3ykJj94.jpg

Perisno Holy Champions:
3ykJuC8.jpg

A while ago, I was asking about factional color templates for better identification. I played a year ago, are the factions more easily recognizable on the battlefield now? I remember last time I played how I had a hard time distinguishing one from another.

PoP is a great example of easily identifiable factions and units.

Sajuuk333 said:
A while ago, I was asking about factional color templates for better identification.
What do you mean? Banners or armor? Or something else?
As for armor - I'm doing my best to maintain certain standards of equipment within each faction and not to use same body armor for major faction troops more than once, so yeah, soldiers that belong to different factions won't be similar to each other.
But in general I wouldn't say troops were similar even before this. Tolranians wore heraldic armor, Valahir troops were easily distinguishable Nordic types, Draharan troops were typical desert dwellers etc.
Also in defense of Perisno team I must say that Perisno has 16 major factions and PoP has 6. Perisno has about 430 soldiers and PoP has about 300 soldiers, so ensuring diversity can be a little bit more difficult here.  :smile:

As for banners - I've no idea, I never paid any attention to them as a player and I'm not working on them as a developer.  :smile:

Yes, I gave it a spin and troops certainly seems better differentiated.

What I was trying to say was that before, I could easily mistake Tolranian for Maccavian troops, and Reich for Falcon. There was no specific color palette. For instance, in PoP, all Sarleon (Tolranian equivalent) troops tend to wear red. Ravenstern (Maccavian) wear blue, specific helmets, and silver plate armour. Empire (Hakkon) wear Roman-inspired, dark + yellow armor, so on so forth. Weapons also tended to be faction-specific.

Don't get me wrong, the mod is amazing. But I think it needs some more factional design cohesion, and it's definitely headed in the right way, vastly improved from what it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom