Status
Not open for further replies.

Michadr

Grandmaster Knight
GWf2D.png

This is the official Perisno Development Thread

Find the Official version 0.8 thread here>>

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,359948.0.html

So will the legion outpost act like any other outpost/castle or will it be like a city kind of like how it was before?

Jurab said:
So will the legion outpost act like any other outpost/castle or will it be like a city kind of like how it was before?
The scene will look similar, but let's just say in 0.8 in won't be empty anymore :wink:

I cannot express to you how hard I am clicking refresh for this thread in hopes of new information.  :shifty:
Please keep up the great work Perisno Team! 

Birdasaur said:
I cannot express to you how hard I am clicking refresh for this thread in hopes of new information.  :shifty:
Please keep up the great work Perisno Team!
The Features list may seem short now but more is coming :wink:

One of my first projects I want to undertake for 0.8 is to remake the opening game. Meaning i want to replace the current text bases options of choosing your gender > race > etc. I am not sure yet what I will accomplish (if anything at all) with this, but I do hope to do something along the lines of this>

tWexS.png

What are your thoughts? Do you guys prefer text based menus since it's just the start of the game or would something 'new' freshen things up?

The goal should be user experien. Any unified menu is an improvement over multiple text options. Your concept seems functional and aesthetically pleasing.

Michadr said:
What are your thoughts? Do you guys prefer text based menus since it's just the start of the game or would something 'new' freshen things up?

Your proposed approach seems like a significant improvement.

daumor said:
The goal should be user experien. Any unified menu is an improvement over multiple text options. Your concept seems functional and aesthetically pleasing.
That is the plan. I want the whole mod to be more aesthetically pleasing and more user friendly. Many people skip over text walls and sometimes they choose options they don't know about.

Sleeeves said:
Michadr said:

Your proposed approach seems like a significant improvement.
Thank you. That helps a lot!

I would still keep some kind of description/narrative on each screen when making the opening choices, so it still feels like a story. But definitely run with this idea. Especially if you also plan to show what stat/skill points you gain from the different choices as well.

Kane the Flesheater said:
What about custom troops? I've been waiting for 0.8 with this feature in mind, is this feature postponed indefinitely?

I'd say they exist in 0.8 already but the ever unpopular encumbrance/dodge code needs adjustment to rescan them before each battle as their encumbrance changes as gear changes.  They are the only non-heroes with gear that changes so need a handler to check if the troop is in a specific range and if so check encumbrance again before battle, once only per battle to reduce the loading.  My understanding is daumor plans a rewrite of dodge; much of dodge's not working isnt actually the dodge code, it was where the dodge code kept some of the values to apply from encumbrance.  That area and 41 other slots were getting walked on by a relations-with-heroes table in memory, and this goes back all the way beyond 0.7 from long ago.  Many of the persistent bugs seen that nobody could solve came from this table overflow.  The table is much smaller in native, but so many lords, ladies, quest npcs and other things were added to the list of heroes the table overflowed.  Without quest npcs being heroes they dont do anything in battles; PBOD and Motomaru's formations before that did nothing with them.  The extra ladies and lords happened as more factions kept getting added, with falcon/valahir/kaikoth (dwarves) for .70 and beyond.  All of us (including me) saw "something" eating in memory slots but couldn't find a smoking gun.  I several times moved these with ever larger padding from blind instinct but finally had an epiphany while counting slots for Warsword conquest.  In any case everyone trusted me to keep them safest and clearly I didn't -- I'm not so sure others are better than me, but not having even 1 peer that could check the code last year was a great handicap.  This time several are checking the code and nobody assumes it is clean to begin with, so changes will happen but first they must digest what they have.

This one type of error should be completely gone now from 0.8; I'll make a test in 2 weeks with Pho to see if I really found it or its a chimera still.

- GS

Michadr said:
tWexS.png
I like your concept too  :wink:

I play Mount and Blade windowed 800x600 most of the time. I'd be very grateful if you could consider the fact that people play in different resolutions when making the UI. In some mods that have custom UI, the text a little too small to read.

Sky Warden said:
I play Mount and Blade windowed 800x600 most of the time. I'd be very grateful if you could consider the fact that people play in different resolutions when making the UI. In some mods that have custom UI, the text a little too small to read.
I will note that. I play windowed mode all the time aswell since I need to switch out of the mod for modding reasons so I know the issue.

While we're talking about resolution. 1920*1200 fake fullscreen (also happens in fullscreen) I can't scroll the window for the automatic buying of foods. It's where you choose which foods to buy. The bottom row of foods I can't adjust. At least, I think it's the bottom because I can't see the other rows. Need a screenshot? I'm not able to get one right now. I'll get one later.

Don Leo said:
While we're talking about resolution. 1920*1200 fake fullscreen (also happens in fullscreen) I can't scroll the window for the automatic buying of foods. It's where you choose which foods to buy. The bottom row of foods I can't adjust. At least, I think it's the bottom because I can't see the other rows. Need a screenshot? I'm not able to get one right now. I'll get one later.
Yes a screenshot would help.

Just wondering if we are going to get AI formations back in at any point?  I mean it seems that AI formations are an option but I have never seen the AI actually do anything but charge.  Also I recall from a while back that the creator of this mod didn't like AI formations so disabled them however I find two armies just charging each other to be boring.

Also, I can't say why exactly but the AI formations used by the Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth mod are just amazing.  Even in Freelancer mode, the formations actually act intelligently and do very little circling like other AI formations I have seen in alot of mod.  Hell the Calvary in this mod will actually often sweep wide and flank your lines and hit your archers if your not careful.  Even had a battle the other night where the enemy ranged troops where hiding "hull down" behind the top of a hill, giving my ranged troops only their heads and shoulders as targets. Not sure what they did with the scripts or whatever they are call (Not a modder) used in Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth but getting your hands on them (with permission of course) and implementing them in Persino would be awesome.

Midnitewolf said:
Just wondering if we are going to get AI formations back in at any point?  I mean it seems that AI formations are an option but I have never seen the AI actually do anything but charge.  Also I recall from a while back that the creator of this mod didn't like AI formations so disabled them however I find two armies just charging each other to be boring.

Also, I can't say why exactly but the AI formations used by the Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth mod are just amazing.  Even in Freelancer mode, the formations actually act intelligently and do very little circling like other AI formations I have seen in alot of mod.  Hell the Calvary in this mod will actually often sweep wide and flank your lines and hit your archers if your not careful.  Even had a battle the other night where the enemy ranged troops where hiding "hull down" behind the top of a hill, giving my ranged troops only their heads and shoulders as targets. Not sure what they did with the scripts or whatever they are call (Not a modder) used in Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth but getting your hands on them (with permission of course) and implementing them in Persino would be awesome.
AI formations are back. Have you played 0.772?

Also I recall from a while back that the creator of this mod didn't like AI formations so disabled
Hmm? I don't recall this :smile: Must have mixed this up with someone else.

I think formations in 0.772 are pretty decent. Try them out, and get back to me :wink:

I will check out the formations in Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth, though I've never even heard of the mod.

Cheers!
- Michadr

EDIT:
I see that mod is using PBOD, the same feature we have implanted in 0.772.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom