Perisno Development Thread | Version: 0.8 | Released >>

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michadr said:
Midnitewolf said:
Just wondering if we are going to get AI formations back in at any point?  I mean it seems that AI formations are an option but I have never seen the AI actually do anything but charge.  Also I recall from a while back that the creator of this mod didn't like AI formations so disabled them however I find two armies just charging each other to be boring.

Also, I can't say why exactly but the AI formations used by the Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth mod are just amazing.  Even in Freelancer mode, the formations actually act intelligently and do very little circling like other AI formations I have seen in alot of mod.  Hell the Calvary in this mod will actually often sweep wide and flank your lines and hit your archers if your not careful.  Even had a battle the other night where the enemy ranged troops where hiding "hull down" behind the top of a hill, giving my ranged troops only their heads and shoulders as targets. Not sure what they did with the scripts or whatever they are call (Not a modder) used in Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth but getting your hands on them (with permission of course) and implementing them in Persino would be awesome.
AI formations are back. Have you played 0.772?

Also I recall from a while back that the creator of this mod didn't like AI formations so disabled
Hmm? I don't recall this :smile: Must have mixed this up with someone else.

I think formations in 0.772 are pretty decent. Try them out, and get back to me :wink:

I will check out the formations in Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth, though I've never even heard of the mod.

Cheers!
- Michadr

EDIT:
I see that mod is using PBOD, the same feature we have implanted in 0.772.

Hmm.  Maybe I don't have them enabled or something as I have yet to see anyone attempt to use a formation.  As far as Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth, I honestly can't explain it either.  It does very much appear they are using the standard PBOD mod everyone else uses but the AI just seems to be much, much better.  In all the Mods I have played with PBOD, none of the AI's in those mods do the same thing  that they do in Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth.  I mean they hide behind hills forcing you out of position to be able to engage them.  I have had cavalry circle almost to the edge of the map out of my line of sight and then hit my ranged units from the rear.  Also when I am in Freelancer Mode, the lords actually don't circle spiral in, instead they usually line up facing either other and employ some of the same tactics I have outlined above.  I just never get that experience out of any other Mod using PBOD.  It just feels like a modified and upgraded AI.

In any case, I will verify tonight I have the latest version and the AI formations enabled and maybe even reinstall the mod just in case something is corrupted.  Thanks for your response.

There is a mod that uses the formation code in conjunction with a custom ai, they called it vi. Can't remember but it is a popular one. Maybe the aforementioned mod has the code from that.

daumor said:
There is a mod that uses the formation code in conjunction with a custom ai, they called it vi. Can't remember but it is a popular one. Maybe the aforementioned mod has the code from that.
Only mod I know that mentioned VI is PoP.

Fix the training fields! when you leave it brings you to the main menu , and i saved in training field now whenever i try to load my save it brings me back to main menu...... :sad:

Take your time in making this 0.8! just bring us lots of great content! also fix the training ground near Galwe i can't play the game further...

The Perisno dev team hopes you all are enjoying a nice white winter. As the age-old carol goes:

Armor clangs
Are you listening
In the Reich
Snow is glistening
A bone-chilling sight,
We're dinner tonight
Walking in a winter wyvernland

L4KoTQ9.jpg

Just a short update:

I am planning on making another dev. blog in the near future when we have more stuff to show. Right now our main goal is to polish 0.8 as much as possible, reduce bloat and give the player a bug free experience (as much as possible). Things will take time so bear with us. Our team is smaller then in previous versions, but we have some awesome stuff coming! Yes some things are getting revamped, some factions are getting new looks, the map is being updated and much more!

Cheers!

https://discord.gg/0k6DmW5RNojqnyiC

Cheers!
- Michadr

Sky Warden said:
wehns giants?  :lol:

Really looking forward into smashing elves with huge axes.
I think everyone will be pleased with the Giants :smile:
Can't say to much about them yet, but they will defiantly 'stand' out. 

Any chance you will create not only castles but also towns for some minor factions? I want so much several minor factions to have a single town instead of just a custle

sunsstorm said:
Any chance you will create not only castles but also towns for some minor factions? I want so much several minor factions to have a single town instead of just a custle
There is a reason minor faction are "minor". So no, minor factions will most likely not have any cities. But a castle... yes  :party:

The giants will act like a normal faction right? Meaning there are single giant ladies you can marry? I'm planning to play as a dwarf and be a king of giants on the next release. :fruity:

Anyway, any plan to increase the size of hunt-able animals? Those tiny boars and deers just look weird to me.

Sky Warden said:
The giants will act like a normal faction right? Meaning there are single giant ladies you can marry? I'm planning to play as a dwarf and be a king of giants on the next release. :fruity:

Anyway, any plan to increase the size of hunt-able animals? Those tiny boars and deers just look weird to me.
Yes, the plan is for giant ladies to act like ladies :grin: (that's quite... funny)

Interesting observation. I'll look into increasing their size.

Midnitewolf said:
Hmm.  Maybe I don't have them enabled or something as I have yet to see anyone attempt to use a formation.  As far as Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth, I honestly can't explain it either.  It does very much appear they are using the standard PBOD mod everyone else uses but the AI just seems to be much, much better.  In all the Mods I have played with PBOD, none of the AI's in those mods do the same thing  that they do in Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth.  I mean they hide behind hills forcing you out of position to be able to engage them.  I have had cavalry circle almost to the edge of the map out of my line of sight and then hit my ranged units from the rear.  Also when I am in Freelancer Mode, the lords actually don't circle spiral in, instead they usually line up facing either other and employ some of the same tactics I have outlined above.  I just never get that experience out of any other Mod using PBOD.  It just feels like a modified and upgraded AI.

In any case, I will verify tonight I have the latest version and the AI formations enabled and maybe even reinstall the mod just in case something is corrupted.  Thanks for your response.

daumor said:

Michadr said:
Only mod I know that mentioned VI is PoP.

I am playing PoP extensively, since 3.6x . What Midnitwolf describes is common behaviour in battles ( xcept for, sometimes a Cavalry Unit circles quite some time if it cant find an opening ) . The hiding behind ridges, the Cavalry sweeping wide hitting your Archers etc...-> I am guessing that comes down to Vicky .

Darkness falls across the land,
The twilight hour is close at hand,
Heathens crawl, their doom in tow,
To terrorize y'all's Perisno.

And though you fight to stay alive,
Your sword hand starts to quiver,
For no mere mortal can resist,
This most ungodly killer.

v9r2osF.jpg

Abot said:

v9r2osF.jpg

Is that a giant? Whatever it is, it looks really cool. :shock:

Sky Warden said:
Abot said:

v9r2osF.jpg

Is that a giant? Whatever it is, it looks really cool. :shock:
:wink:

Michadr said:
One of my first projects I want to undertake for 0.8 is to remake the opening game. Meaning i want to replace the current text bases options of choosing your gender > race > etc. I am not sure yet what I will accomplish (if anything at all) with this, but I do hope to do something along the lines of this>

tWexS.png

What are your thoughts? Do you guys prefer text based menus since it's just the start of the game or would something 'new' freshen things up?
Your concept is very pleasing to look at and I would love a new one to freshen things up and I can't also wait for 0.8 to come out! Keep up the good work.
:party: :party:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom