Perisno 0.9 - The Main Thread (HF6 - February 04, 2019, 08:10:15 PM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Leo, I have a problem with mercenary companies.
I just can't hire them. I became a king, took out the Aroulo, took their city and got a marshal. Whenever I talk to him and when I ask about companies, he says which one would you like? The screen immediately moves to my character and he says I changed my mind.
I tried several times, nothing happened. I was able to do it in the past. Now I can't.

What should I do ?

Aceblade said:
Leonion said:
Aceblade said:
Hello, I'm a bit curious as to why you can't view faction relations
You can view factions relations in standard M&B notes.

If you're talking about the political and relations in reporting, it's not there.
Aceblade, the Faction Relation chart in reporting was removed due to it being too disorganized , so you can see them in the Notes -> Factions instead, like standard M&B.

BTW what changes are fixed in HF3? Specifically, what was changed on troops.txt? Because I made some changes to troops promotion line and not really looking forward to do it again, haha.

Also, my current build is Aroulo-centric throwing and polearm/staff mastery, is there any legendary or hard to get Throwing / Polearm  weapons?
Thanks!

dimyzmaj123 said:
1. Why aren't there more of those individual parties like Ankars,Volhere raiders or Eagle Knights like there used to be? I had so much fun with those smaller parties and was super useful in the early game and to train fresh troops.They just wandered the map causing all sorts of problems, which made the game fun. Please add more of those.

2. Why can't I recruit top tier troops once I have defeated the enemies who have a lot of prisoners? Today, I defeated an enemy that had 500 prisoners, and I was only able to take mid tier units :sad: One of the key things I loved, removed. Please fix it or just add it if it's removed.

3. Could you add a chance for captured prisoners to join your army, maybe through higher persuasion? I am sure many would like to have some of those great units.

I loved gathering all the fantastic units you made, garrisoning them in my castles and cities, but I can't do it now, because I can't have any of those amazing units, because I can't take them from my enemies. Please make Perisno great again :smile: <3
Thank you, and sorry for the long post :smile:

For number 1,  are you sure there are less of those units? Maybe the lords/patrols took care of them in your game?
I mean I played as a solo merchant, going from town to town and had to avoid them many times, especially Volheree raiders.
But yeah if there's a way to change the rate of spawning, I would like to know too, for a different reason hehe :twisted:.

And about prisoners, as T.L.S has said, you need a good persuasion, higher level, and/or good relationship with the faction of the units you want to recruit. For example if you want to recruit a top tier Eagle Lord, you need to be friends with Eagle Knights and/or high persuasion if your level is low. This is true since 0.8 though. The formula is on what T.L.S quoted.

dimyzmaj123 said:
Leo, I have a problem with mercenary companies.
I just can't hire them. I became a king, took out the Aroulo, took their city and got a marshal. Whenever I talk to him and when I ask about companies, he says which one would you like? The screen immediately moves to my character and he says I changed my mind.
I tried several times, nothing happened. I was able to do it in the past. Now I can't.
How much money do you have?
They're expensive and their numbers as well as the price scale with player's level.
It possible that the cheapest company of mercs you can hire from the perspective of additional conditions (e.g. some companies are only available after you finished a certain quest or own certain towns) is too expensive.

willyflare said:
BTW what changes are fixed in HF3? Specifically, what was changed on troops.txt? Because I made some changes to troops promotion line and not really looking forward to do it again, haha.
No changes, you can use your current troops file.

willyflare said:
Also, my current build is Aroulo-centric throwing and polearm/staff mastery, is there any legendary or hard to get Throwing / Polearm  weapons?
Throwing - no.
Polearms - yes.

New female giants are a wonderful addition, though they have really low stats and almost no skills. I asked my wife (Chieftess Sula) to join my retinue, I don't mind the clipping with male armors, but she has 20 strength which is way below the requirements for the giant weapons.

arduus said:
New female giants are a wonderful addition, though they have really low stats and almost no skills. I asked my wife (Chieftess Sula) to join my retinue, I don't mind the clipping with male armors, but she has 20 strength which is way below the requirements for the giant weapons.
I married Lucarion's daughter in 0.8 and she had 21 strenght, almost 0 skills everywhere, but 2 in riding and maybe 1 or 2 in ironflesh and leadership. Moreover her Intelligence, Charisma and Agility were mostly below or even equal to 10 ( Agility probably ).
Now she is a beautiful killing machine.

arduus said:
Dago Wolfrider said:
Yes they can! My wife is a killing beast right now

That's a relief, I was afraid I had to increase all those 10 level of strength, I can distribute the points between AGI and INT now! Grazie mille, Dago!

:shock: PARLI ITALIANO!!  :shock:
Your profile states that you are from Turkey. However they are really easy to improve since they start with a really low level, just give them some good gear and some time. You are welcome.

Dago Wolfrider said:
Your profile states that you are from Turkey. However they are really easy to improve since they start with a really low level, just give them some good gear and some time. You are welcome.

I've already done that, though I had to use the weapons of those puny humans... Non parlo bene l'italiano, ho lavorato con i veneziani qualche anno fa, ma capisco più di quanto posso parlare, perché parlo spagnolo.

arduus said:
Dago Wolfrider said:

I've already done that, though I had to use the weapons of those puny humans... Non parlo bene l'italiano, ho lavorato con i veneziani qualche anno fa, ma capisco più di quanto posso parlare, perché parlo spagnolo.

It is rare to find people who know the italian language.
Nevertheless the weapons of the weaklings are Giants' toothpick. Buy your wife a proper weapon in Vellinaz or Sut. I am glad I have been of help. Have a nice day.

ruynocc said:
  I'm a lord of Order of Falcon, I hired 3-times household guards, I thought it will spam next to your castle like in Prophesy of Pendor, guess I'm wrong..

Are you talking about patrols or mercenary armies? Because Household Guards just spawn in your party. Pendor doesn't even have household guards so the comparison doesn't really make sense.

Lord Irontoe said:
ruynocc said:
  I'm a lord of Order of Falcon, I hired 3-times household guards, I thought it will spam next to your castle like in Prophesy of Pendor, guess I'm wrong..

Are you talking about patrols or mercenary armies? Because Household Guards just spawn in your party. Pendor doesn't even have household guards so the comparison doesn't really make sense.

I thought Household guards are equivalent of Pendor's hired companies..

ruynocc said:
Lord Irontoe said:
ruynocc said:

I thought Household guards are equivalent of Pendor's hired companies..

Household guards are customizable troops. They start with no gear, but you can give them anything you want from your inventory.

okey so i just found out tha the Abandoned stronghold is Venetor by checking out where on the map Venetor is, how do i get inside? im trying to play as a merchant but when im assessing prices, though most prices show Venetor as the end location fer most goods which is a bit irritating as i cant even get inside to sell anything.
So any info on how to get inside or is it not finished?

Back
Top Bottom