Pathetic Campaign Map AI (v1.2.3)

Users who are viewing this thread

This has nothing to do with AI's battle performance. That's another subject needs to be fixed. This is about how are armies programmed to behave in the campaign map. They might not wanna fight my army because of strength comparison but this doesn't mean they should ignore it and go for a kamikaze attack. There is literally no reason to justify this nonsense.

First of all I do not know last situation of code but

1- Enemy army do not attack you because it is slower than you and it has an important aim (siege).
2- Enemy army do not run away from you because it is powerful than you.

Of course seen situation is not nice I accept.

If enemy army chase you, you can easily lock this big army by doing wait and run (when it come close). So you can make them die from hunger at a point and they give up siege and return nearest ally town. So you can prevent a possible town loss. However of course developers can add a small code and if it goes directly over your army / party it can attack you. Also a second solution is if your army is big enough maybe it can chase you (even you are faster) if you are in a radius even the risk of locking this army. But it should not do this for smaller armies. For example you should not be able to lock this big 1500 men army with your 400 men but maybe 1500 vs 800 can be ok. This is waste of time for bigger army vs smaller army.

One notice :
What I remember 2 years ago if you are in radius it was chasing several times but if it see you do this again and again it was giving up chasing at a point. I do not know if this code block still running or broken somehow. Maybe this code only work for parties not armies but there was a code block for avoiding this situation.

As you see everything has an explanation and of course AI can be developed if you provide team save files. There are tons of exceptions different scenarios and you should think all of them and you should not leave a way of exploit. Here army do not follow you and seen situations exploits occur if army follows you there are another cons / exploits.

Last edited:
First of all I do not know last situation of code but

1- Enemy army do not attack you because it is slower than you and it has an important aim (siege).
2- Enemy army do not run away from you because it is powerful than you.

Of course seen situation is not nice I accept.

If enemy army chase you, you can easily lock this big army by doing wait and run (when it come close). So you can make them die from hunger at a point and they give up siege and return nearest ally town. So you can prevent a possible town loss. However of course developers can add a small code and if it goes directly over your army / party it can attack you. Also a second solution is if your army is big enough maybe it can chase you (even you are faster) if you are in a radius even the risk of locking this army. But it should not do this for smaller armies. For example you should not be able to lock this big 1500 men army with your 400 men but maybe 1500 vs 800 can be ok. This is waste of time for bigger army vs smaller army.

One notice :
What I remember 2 years ago if you are in radius it was chasing several times but if it see you do this again and again it was giving up chasing at a point. I do not know if this code block still running or broken somehow. Maybe this code only work for parties not armies but there was a code block for avoiding this situation.

As you see everything has an explanation and of course AI can be developed if you provide team save files. There are tons of exceptions and you should think all of them and you should not leave a way of exploit.
01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom