Pathetic Campaign Map AI (v1.2.3)

Users who are viewing this thread

bbaydogdu

Sergeant
I don't know if there is anything need be said. These two videos will show you what kind of joke is the Bannerlord Campaign AI.

----------------------------------------------[UPDATE]----------------------------------------------------------

Here's another one. This might be even worse. AI army being chased by a similar strength army but gives no f*** and goes directly for a kamikaze siege.

One of the best examples of kamikaze siege. Exploit this and own the entire Calradia in no time.

----------------------------------------------[UPDATE]----------------------------------------------------------

Normally I wasn't gonna play Bannerlord until 1.2 becomes stable but since I get notifications from this topic I wanted to make some more tests. As soon as I started playing I encountered another Artificial Stupidity moment hahahahaha. Also guess what Mr. Marsh! This is a different save.

Another good examples of kamikaze attacks one after another :ROFLMAO: Can someone please explain me what happened with the Vartin's army? Hahahaha :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
One tracked mind, ignoring what's infront of them. Or are they blind ?

I must admit, I've never seen that before, if I get too close to a larger enemy army, they WILL turn to attack ME !

Your faction might be invisible ? :grin:

Last edited:
One tracked mind, ignoring what's infront of them. Or are they blind ?

I must admit, I've never seen that before, if I get too close to an larger enemy army, they WILL turn to attack ME !

Your faction might be invisible ? :grin:
Hahaha :grin: The problem here is I guess, AI army is only focused on sieging without any situational awareness. Check out the new video that shows the kamizake siege by TaleWorld's Artificial Stupidity :grin:

@bbaydogdu could you share a save file of the playthrough where this was happening, right before, if possible?
You can use the established tech support ticketing system as well, so we can investigate this behavior:
You can find your save file here: "C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves"
To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click on "My Account" and then click on "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here.

they most likely dont want to fight you as they are full of recruits and you are stacked. so the odds on winning this fight in a simulation are bad. thats why they are not attacking you.

beside that, the ai indeed is bad when it comes to sieges and siege decissions.

they most likely dont want to fight you as they are full of recruits and you are stacked. so the odds on winning this fight in a simulation are bad. thats why they are not attacking you.

beside that, the ai indeed is bad when it comes to sieges and siege decissions.
Yes, but they don't run away either. Instead they choose to die in the most stupid way possible. They are obsessed with sieging and once they start the siege they never care about what's going on around them. You know, this conquering thing usually starts with a horrific field battle like Manzikert, Hastings, Gaugamela, almost all Mongolian invasions, etc. Bannerlord AI doesn't even bother to getting rid of a hostile force that can cause destruction of entire Army.

@bbaydogdu could you share a save file of the playthrough where this was happening, right before, if possible?
You can use the established tech support ticketing system as well, so we can investigate this behavior:
There is no need for sharing save. All you have to do is actually playing the game. You'll see many more nonsense like this :grin:

I stopped playing it. Al for the computer armies work together, even other factions, literally attack you when attacking another would benefit them more. Then allied AI declares war on someone across the map when you are already at war with 3 other factions. Literally walked past me in major battles and no support.

When an issue is not known internally, and other players in this thread say they never see this happening, a save file might help us find what is causing this in your game. The choice is, of course, yours.
Most of us play modded. The game on the video is modded and so far i have not seen you guys accept that.

I find it worse when the ai create an army far away from the front. Think Aserai creating an army in the east and then march army speed to Vlandia. Sometimes they even stay in the east just moving back and forth chasing looters.

They made you waste campaign time fallowing them around at least. You could just defeat them outright and do you own siege instead. The AI is bad but it's not so much because they ignore your doomstack, but because they have no ability to do anything else. They must siege or raid or attack a smaller powered party. They can't pull in all their armies and parties to gang up on you proactively. Even if they did you could easily beat them in field battle because no matter how many units they bring they must use the predictable and bad AI maneuvers.

Even if they did you could easily beat them in field battle because no matter how many units they bring they must use the predictable and bad AI maneuvers.
And thank god for that!

I did some experimentation at some point on combined arms (short story - terrible).I did, however, learn that no-one would ever want the AI to be able to use ranged units effectively (frustration level = off the charts).

They made you waste campaign time fallowing them around at least. You could just defeat them outright and do you own siege instead. The AI is bad but it's not so much because they ignore your doomstack, but because they have no ability to do anything else. They must siege or raid or attack a smaller powered party. They can't pull in all their armies and parties to gang up on you proactively. Even if they did you could easily beat them in field battle because no matter how many units they bring they must use the predictable and bad AI maneuvers.
This has nothing to do with AI's battle performance. That's another subject needs to be fixed. This is about how are armies programmed to behave in the campaign map. They might not wanna fight my army because of strength comparison but this doesn't mean they should ignore it and go for a kamikaze attack. There is literally no reason to justify this nonsense.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with AI's battle performance. That's another subject needs to be fixed. This is about how are armies programmed to behave in the campaign map. They might not wanna fight my army because of strength comparison but this doesn't mean they should ignore it and go for a kamikaze attack. There is literally no reason to justify this nonsense.

Really? You think that? There has never, ever been a time in history when a commander made a mistake and started a battle he shouldn't have? There has never been a time when someone decided to take a risk and go for a pitched battle they were slightly weaker for? You think there's literally no reason, huh? That never ever happened before in history? Wow.

Really? You think that? There has never, ever been a time in history when a commander made a mistake and started a battle he shouldn't have? There has never been a time when someone decided to take a risk and go for a pitched battle they were slightly weaker for? You think there's literally no reason, huh? That never ever happened before in history? Wow.
Are you suggesting the buggy behavior is intentional because "theres been idiot leaders in history"?

Alot of these kinda posts been showing up here lately. The old "well sh*t goes crazy in Real Life so why should the game be expected to have any real functioning dynamics - as sh*t just goes crazy..." ad nauseum. A willful ignorance of murderously flawed logic.

It would be good if things like this happened due to the traits of the army commanders and the actual circumstances of the campaigns, like one commander outsmarting another or one army having better scouts, but that's not the case. Last time I played an army I was in defeated an enemy army which had just captured a castle before it could enter the castle, there were zero troops in the garrison, instead of taking the castle back with zero effort the army I was art of decided to go and besiege another settlement halfway across the world. Doesn't make any sense. Things like that happen a lot.

Most of us play modded. The game on the video is modded and so far i have not seen you guys accept that.
Accept that most players play modded?

TW nows that, the only difference is that a reasonable request is made to check what's happening inside a save file

Imagine doing critics and be unreasonable when asked to collaborate and still wants make critics

Accept that most players play modded?

TW nows that, the only difference is that a reasonable request is made to check what's happening inside a save file

Imagine doing critics and be unreasonable when asked to collaborate and still wants make critics
This is not an issue only occured in my current campaign. As other people in this topic agreed this is a problem with game mechanincs. Therefore all you have to do is playing the game and observing the AI armies. Even if I send a save file they won't accept it because it's modded.

Back
Top Bottom