Patch Notes e1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

However they continue making this investment because actually workshops were still good.
Workshops are a bit different matter. They do not cost you a follower (who can lead a party, provide a skill bonus or simply fight for you), they cannot be lost unless someone captures a city (a rare occurance if you pick a winning side), and they can be sold back for the same (or even greater) price if player so choses. Caravans were high risk-high reward, with constant wars your liege is waging left and right. Now they are almost guaranteed loss-possibly-no-reward-it-depends-how-lucky-you-are.

Anyway, thank you for your time and your replies. Guess we'll see where this is going to go after extensive feedback from different players.

I'm kind of curious about what you're thinking about doing to improve that. It's a non-trivial problem to solve because if you just make lords start with high level troops or let them accelerate their troop leveling it's letting the AI cheat and making it generally easier to level them makes it too easy for the player to get a max-rank army.

I'm perfectly fine with the lords cheating if it means they get to have better armies. I want to fight Cataphracts and Fiann Champions, not recruits and militia. The requirement that lords always play by the same rules as the player is great in theory, but it sucks in practice because the AI is too stupid to play by the same rules and win.

Caravans having 80-90 party limit was not something fair. You can create a party from your companion and spend your one party limit if you want 80-90 men party in your clan. You can create caravan at game start and test them in long run which we did lots. They are survived 1-2-3 years average. In your situation probably there should be something extraordinary. Having 2 caravans with 80 men inside and they are not attacked for years and daily making 3K from them is not something fair in game. Currently one of the biggest problems is player having millions in late game and game become not challenging. This is caused by several things :

1-lords are giving so much loot (both in terms of item and plundered gold also prisoners)
2-caravans are making so much money and they are safe
3-lord parties are so weak (they have tons of level 6-11 troops, about 65% of their troops are in this category in mid/late game)

We are trying to fix all these problems and this does not mean your old routines will bring you good money all time. Most players having 1-5m in late game does not make game better. These things will be balanced by time.

Agree with this, in my current playthrough I have 900K and I am not even at day 400. Plus I am getting 5k every day.

If you want to make the game harder (which is a good idea IMO), you probably need to check two of the better sources of money in the game. Pottery Shop in Poros and Pen Cannoc. You can easily get 500-700 daily with these Workshops.

The easier way to start a campaign currently is trying to get 15K ASAP buying and selling and winning super easy tournaments, then buying a Pottery Shop in Pen Cannoc, and then in Poros. After this, I start getting a pretty good money to buy a Caravan some few days later and then I marry with a noble girl to get her armor. In this way, I can have ton of money and the best armor even before day 100. I do not even need to plunder Lords gold to be rich.

I'm perfectly fine with the lords cheating if it means they get to have better armies. I want to fight Cataphracts and Fiann Champions, not recruits. The requirement that lords always play by the same rules as the player is great in theory, but it sucks in practice because the AI is too stupid to play by the same rules and win.

Yes we are of this problem and if needed only at this part ai can cheat a bit (get daily xp to its troops) even we are all aganist of ai cheating. Because until they face with player they have several battles and these are not enought to upgrade their troops. In current situation player cannot get real potential from battles because he/she is always fighting aganist mostly recruits. In next patches we will solve this problem.

By the way after we make some fixes or balancings this does not mean final point is this after now. Development will always continue and we will follow your feedbacks.

Caravans having 80-90 party limit was not something fair. You can create a party from your companion and spend your one party limit if you want 80-90 men party in your clan. You can create caravan at game start and test them in long run which we did lots. They are survived 1-2-3 years average. In your situation probably there should be something extraordinary. Having 2 caravans with 80 men inside and they are not attacked for years and daily making 3K from them is not something fair in game. Currently one of the biggest problems is player having millions in late game and game become not challenging. This is caused by several things :

1-lords are giving so much loot (both in terms of item and plundered gold also prisoners)
2-caravans are making so much money and they are safe
3-lord parties are so weak (they have tons of level 6-11 troops, about 65% of their troops are in this category in mid/late game)

We are trying to fix all these problems and this does not mean your old routines will bring you good money all time. Most players having 1-5m in late game does not make game better. These things will be balanced by time.

Do not be swayed from this line of thinking! This is exactly the right way to approach these problems and balancing issues and I am so glad to see that you guys are aware! (y)

Guys, am I the only one who is having his game crash when I click on the wandarer Col Blacktooth through the encyclopedia? Please let me know

So, the Tutorial. When you complete it - you get to keep -none- of the loot you've gained. Never mind almost every time I finish it I've looted pieces of arm armor that's genuinely useful for my character. I get losing the prisoners, the troops, cool! But seriously, not even the loot? That seems a bit wrong.

Sorry to be this guy, but they mostly break the game with every patch. The only positive thing after 1.0 are snowballing fix, a (few) quest fixes, minor UI changes and notifications.
But at the same time they butchered melee AI, unleashed FATBOYS all over Calradia, ruined tournaments, broke ranged weapon prices multiple times and created exploits where there were none (remember 20k xbows? 60k xbows? 40k harpoons you can smith for ~100 gold a piece and make fat stacks of cash?). Now they introduce "F*CK YOUR CARAVAN CAN'T MAKE MONEY YOU FILTH" nobody ever asked for. What comes next, I wonder?

Actually the last part with caravan was a good fix. The caravans never die and you get so much gold mid-late game forever where you had money to buy everything. Perhaps we can relax the caravan death rate a bit for easy mode. But definitely for harder difficulties this caravan fix was a must.

Hello everyone, first thing, thanks you really for your work! You are feasting us really :smile:
I would make u some request for improvement : Can we be able to really "lock" our stuff in the inventory.
I mean for exemplebe able to lock a really good horse than we can't mount on, so to, in party improvement cavalry don't use our beast breaded horses..

Another thing is for the main story quest, when we have to talk to the lords for te quest, when they are in an army we arent able to talk to a subordinate lord of the army.

and some texture bugs for lords like 'raganvad' when they have the 'lordly golden empire helmet' .

And a thing that i personally waiting for if it sort out is shield bashes variation, depending on were we block :wink: Have a good day, thanks you again and wish ur family as health :smile:

Last edited:
That's a little unfair, devs are not just working on fixing things they're also simultaneously making the game itself.

Modders also wouldn't have anything to work with without what the devs created lol
My point is still valid though. Granted that the devs have their plates full, every "fix" they introduce still brings in a lot of hiccups. BUT, credit should be given where it's due and I do appreciate the hard work of the devs.

Also, the modders I was referring to were making fixes, not content.

I will never understand how TW could think it's acceptable to break the combat AI in a beta branch and then push it into the stable branch without fixing it first.

@Callum
I've been a devout supporter of the game from the start and I still am.
But what's the point of a beta branch if you push it to the main branch as is?
With the beta branch, melee AI was broken, they don't block anymore on all difficulties. They are way too easy to beat, this was perfect before, it went from my favourite aspect to the most broken one.
If the beta branch is for testing things, and from day 1 on the beta it was said all over the forums that AI can't block, how come it has been pushed to the main branch?
On the hotfix earlier this weak, most of the comments in that thread were about the AI still not being able to block, were these comments not read?
I really don't mean to sound rude, English is not my native language, I just really want TaleWorlds to use the beta to it's fullest potential but it seems to me that the undesirable and broken things are ignored and then pushed. We are here to let you guys know when something is broken, please, let us help and read the comments before pushing the beta into the main branch. That or simply make one unique branch.

+1000 this quote. Please do not push beta into main branch when it breaks something, especially AI combat where this game is 85% about. You just killed 85% of the game by breaking the melee combat AI. Can only push beta into main when it breaks nothing, but adds and fixes something

With this part about bandits attacking caravans even if they are slightly weaker it might be a great fix to take out bandit swarms all over. When I travel around the map I think that Calradia is a ****ty place to live when there are more bandits then rest of population xD

P.S.
I was once really bored and calculated that around Galend there about 10-20 bandits for every NPC living there (number of villagers, lords and garrisons)

Back
Top Bottom