Patch Notes e1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Welp, just tested the caravan thingie. After this patch my caravan is suddenly limited to 30 men (was 80 pre-patch). As expected poor sods almost instantly desert. One week later 4/5 caravans got robbed and destroyed. Nice work, TW!

Caravans having 80-90 party limit was not something fair. You can create a party from your companion and spend your one party limit if you want 80-90 men party in your clan. You can create caravan at game start and test them in long run which we did lots. They are survived 1-2-3 years average. In your situation probably there should be something extraordinary. Having 2 caravans with 80 men inside and they are not attacked for years and daily making 3K from them is not something fair in game. Currently one of the biggest problems is player having millions in late game and game become not challenging. This is caused by several things :

1-lords are giving so much loot (both in terms of item and plundered gold also prisoners)
2-caravans are making so much money and they are safe
3-lord parties are so weak (they have tons of level 6-11 troops, about 65% of their troops are in this category in mid/late game)

We are trying to fix all these problems and this does not mean your old routines will bring you good money all time. Most players having 1-5m in late game does not make game better. These things will be balanced by time.

Last edited:
devs are not just working on fixing things they're also simultaneously making the game itself.
Sorry to be this guy, but they mostly break the game with every patch. The only positive thing after 1.0 are snowballing fix, a (few) quest fixes, minor UI changes and notifications.
But at the same time they butchered melee AI, unleashed FATBOYS all over Calradia, ruined tournaments, broke ranged weapon prices multiple times and created exploits where there were none (remember 20k xbows? 60k xbows? 40k harpoons you can smith for ~100 gold a piece and make fat stacks of cash?). Now they introduce "F*CK YOUR CARAVAN CAN'T MAKE MONEY YOU FILTH" nobody ever asked for. What comes next, I wonder?

@Callum
I've been a devout supporter of the game from the start and I still am.
But what's the point of a beta branch if you push it to the main branch as is?
With the beta branch, melee AI was broken, they don't block anymore on all difficulties. They are way too easy to beat, this was perfect before, it went from my favourite aspect to the most broken one.
If the beta branch is for testing things, and from day 1 on the beta it was said all over the forums that AI can't block, how come it has been pushed to the main branch?
On the hotfix earlier this week, most of the comments in that thread were about the AI still not being able to block, were these comments not read?
I really don't mean to sound rude, English is not my native language, I just really want TaleWorlds to use the beta to it's fullest potential but it seems to me that the undesirable and broken things are ignored and then pushed. We are here to let you guys know when something is broken, please, let us help and read the comments before pushing the beta into the main branch. That or simply make one unique branch.

Last edited:
Caravans having 80-90 party limit was not something fair. You can create a party from your companion and spend your one party limit if you want 80-90 men party in your clan. You can create caravan at game start and test them in long run which we did lots. They are survived 1-2-3 years average. In your situation probably there should be something extraordinary. Having 2 caravans with 80 men inside and they are not attacked for years and daily making 3K from them is not something fair in game. Currently one of the biggest problems is player having millions in late game and game become not challenging. This is caused by several things :

1-lords are giving so much loot (both in terms of item and plundered gold also prisoners)
3-lord parties are so weak (they have tons of level 6-11 troops)

We are trying to fix all these problems and this does not mean your old routines will bring you good money all time. Because most players having 1m in late game does not make game better.
Don't know why you guys even waste your time replying to these idiots. Keep the good work coming, we are loving every minute of this game.

3-lord parties are so weak (they have tons of level 6-11 troops)

We are trying to fix all these problems and this does not mean your old routines will bring you good money all time. Because most players having 1m in late game does not make game better.

Please don't reduce battle loot any more. Loot's already crappy. Its worth money, but there's almost never anything good in the loot. It takes a lot of the fun out of fighting when you get all the same garbage after every battle.

This is reasonable and understandable, but how about some kind of middle ground? Bandits and looters grow with every day, and eventually turn into doomstacks of 100+ bandits. And at some point they will catch and butcher your caravan. -15k gold, plus your companion cost to hire again. is this fair? Why should I even invest into something that is not guaranteed to be profitable? It's not like caravans are making billions, they bring about 600-1000k per day at most.
As you said, the most of our excessive gold comes from loot. Do something with the major problem, perhaps, and then fine-tune something that is not so obviously broken?

Please don't reduce battle loot any more. Loot's already crappy. Its worth money, but there's almost never anything good in the loot. It takes a lot of the fun out of fighting when you get all the same garbage after every battle.
I think the loot is determined by the troops defeated; once Lord parties are changed to be stronger then the loot should be better (and thus probably needs to be reduced)

3-lord parties are so weak (they have tons of level 6-11 troops, about 65% of their troops are in this category in mid/late game)
I'm kind of curious about what you're thinking about doing to improve that. It's a non-trivial problem to solve because if you just make lords start with high level troops or let them accelerate their troop leveling it's letting the AI cheat and making it generally easier to level them makes it too easy for the player to get a max-rank army.

It'd probably be helped quite a bit by preventing lords from joining armies until their troops level (or increasing the influence cost of recruiting a lord into an army).

I'm not complaining but for me personally it's a pretty big deal because I feel like I'm fighting the same army of recruits repeatedly.

This is reasonable and understandable, but how about some kind of middle ground? Bandits and looters grow with every day, and eventually turn into doomstacks of 100+ bandits. And at some point they will catch and butcher your caravan. -15k gold, plus your companion cost to hire again. is this fair? Why should I even invest into something that is not guaranteed to be profitable? It's not like caravans are making billions, they bring about 600-1000k per day at most.
As you said, the most of our excessive gold comes from loot. Do something with the major problem, perhaps, and then fine-tune something that is not so obviously broken?

At the first days of early access workshops were so OP especially smithy and wood workshop were. Then first we cap them (200 daily) and then nerf them and remove cap. Lots of people complain and they said "we will not make workshop investment after now for 100-200-300 denars a day". However they continue making this investment because actually workshops were still good. Having one more money source even they bring 100-200-300 daily was still good for 12K investment in long term. Same here if you think caravans are useless you can use other ways too, however there will be lots of people making caravans in future even they are nerfed. We just want you to decide according to your situation. Some money resources should not be always good. You should consider your current situation and then choose what is best for you.

I want to congratulate TaleWorlds on everything! The patches, optimisations, great job!
But:
Please oh please make High Tier Armours/Helmets/etc. available in shops. There are exploits about this like robbing your wife, the armours are in the game, why are they not avaible for purchase?
Revert the melee AI to before 1.1

So I've launched the game after the update and this happened. I'm not gonna lie I'll take the Calradian version of Dr House with me and it made me giggle ?

Back
Top Bottom