Patch e1.0.5, thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Right now I haven't play the game yet but I was reading the patch notes before it. This are my main points, how you guys think about it?
  • First of all what catch my attention was that they fix a crash related to archer weapon behavior, could it be that they are revamping or fixing the archery units and weapons to improve them? Who knows.
  • No clan defection after conquering a castle/town of them by another faction, now factions won't become weak and outnumbered by their enemies with this, but it depends of the relation between their faction and leader.
  • Now the lords will not raid a settlement that is completely at the other side of the map, now they'll think of which to attack, that's a great one since they won't lose troops and supplies along the way and if you call to their banners they won't take that much to come.
Thanks for replying, please be respectful :smile:

Well first and formost, they made some Simplified chinese text improvements, i think this was a priority for everyone on the forums and i think i speak for everyone when i say that this is a huge help.

but seriously
the terrain performance fix for low configs seems to have made a huge impact on my second pc, that is a huge step forward to making this playable on my second pc, i might actually be able to invite a friend over to play while we are sitting next to each other soon instead of playing together via discord while each sitting in our own house. i really love playing together while we are in the same room.

the archer fix is a godsend since i usually play with a lot of archers.

at first glance the empires spiraling out of controll has become less of a problem. empires doing this is a huge problem and i am very happy they took yet another step in the right direction on that front, the lords being more selective about their targets also helps in this, the less they travel the more they will be able to defend their own lands.

a very good patch, Keep up the good work TW!!

It's definitely getting there, and if they can keep this pace of updates going, then the game is going to be in a good place by the end of Spring.

Could have really used that no clan defection earlier today....
Literally the second I came to an allies' armies help He defected to the enemy with another lord in the army. That change the odds from even to getting overrun. That was also the beginning of the End of Sturgia in my campaign. We don't own any fiefs anymore but at least I still get 200 denars wach day from the King until I've decided what to do next...

They're balancing the major stuff right now and that's more than appreciated.

I have to say tho that there are other things in diplomacy they have to upgrade upon, I've taken like 3 cities and 4 castles with the sturgians from the battanians and I've gotten nothing, I'm married to one of the king's daughters, I have like 90 relationship with the guy because I did a ton of missions for him earlier on, and I get absolutely nothing even tho I take the castle/city without his help.

Yeah I'm just the commander of the army instead of solo-taking it, but god damn it's hard to keep my almost 200 ppl army going on with a single castle's income.

ive noticed a decrease on wars waged on my kingdom since the new patch, even though the only other kingdom (north empire borders my own).

Well first and formost, they made some Simplified chinese text improvements, i think this was a priority for everyone on the forums and i think i speak for everyone when i say that this is a huge help.

but seriously
the terrain performance fix for low configs seems to have made a huge impact on my second pc, that is a huge step forward to making this playable on my second pc, i might actually be able to invite a friend over to play while we are sitting next to each other soon instead of playing together via discord while each sitting in our own house. i really love playing together while we are in the same room.

the archer fix is a godsend since i usually play with a lot of archers.

at first glance the empires spiraling out of controll has become less of a problem. empires doing this is a huge problem and i am very happy they took yet another step in the right direction on that front, the lords being more selective about their targets also helps in this, the less they travel the more they will be able to defend their own lands.

a very good patch, Keep up the good work TW!!
I didn't take much notice of the simplified chinese text improvement, but now that you say it is really a big step forward in improving the communication and media of the forum. That's really good!

Yeah, this is one is a really good patch!

It's definitely getting there, and if they can keep this pace of updates going, then the game is going to be in a good place by the end of Spring.
Yes! That's what I've been talking about in recent threads of TW being bad and shallow, this patches are constantly being delivered in a daily basis and that's a really good help for us and the developers. I hope to see more coming and seeing Bannerlord become the game it aspires to be :smile:

The patch certainly kicked the can some, though it isn't uncommon to see 2-3 primary factions by 1089, with the rest reduced to 1-2 settlements or 0. Seems like they are slowing it down a bit, but the factions are still always at war constantly, so I'm not really sure how they intend to tackle that, if they consider it a problem at all.

I have to say tho that there are other things in diplomacy they have to upgrade upon, I've taken like 3 cities and 4 castles with the sturgians from the battanians and I've gotten nothing, I'm married to one of the king's daughters, I have like 90 relationship with the guy because I did a ton of missions for him earlier on, and I get absolutely nothing even tho I take the castle/city without his help.

Yeah I'm just the commander of the army instead of solo-taking it, but god damn it's hard to keep my almost 200 ppl army going on with a single castle's income.

I keep seeing the 4 same clans getting fiefs, so I think it might have something to do with saved influence. I'm going to save all my influence until I'm in the 25k range like they are and see if that helps.

Could have really used that no clan defection earlier today....
Literally the second I came to an allies' armies help He defected to the enemy with another lord in the army. That change the odds from even to getting overrun. That was also the beginning of the End of Sturgia in my campaign. We don't own any fiefs anymore but at least I still get 200 denars wach day from the King until I've decided what to do next...
When you conquer the new fief doesn't a vote instance starts? Just pay 300 influence and you are gonna take it. I had 7 fiefdoms like this in my first run.

Just out of curiosity are you a vassal or a mercenary? I had this issue until I remembered I was a mercenary, spoken to him and sworn as a vassal and then I was given the next 2 fiefs we took. Also with the sturgians :smile:

Back
Top Bottom