Resolved Owner's culture matches Fief culture but still receives -3 loyalty penalty

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.0.0.4407
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:
Lageta is a fief owned by my former companion (now noble), Gerotheon the Surgeon. Both the Fief and the owner's culture is empire, but the town is getting a -3 loyalty penalty for the owner's culture.

The player (and Kingdom ruler) culture is Vlandian.

How to Reproduce: See Video

Have you used cheats and if so which:
1. I added some focus points to a family member.
2. I gave some of my kingdom's fiefs to the player so they could be gifted to clans of the same culture (Lageta was not one of those, it was handled by election).

Media (Screenshots & Video): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qbAOJ0f8WlQjOo2O7hTRdx2R2UF1Shja/view?usp=sharing

Summary:
Lageta is a fief owned by my former companion (now noble), Gerotheon the Surgeon. Both the Fief and the owner's culture is empire, but the town is getting a -3 loyalty penalty for the owner's culture.

The player (and Kingdom ruler) culture is Vlandian.

How to Reproduce: See Video

Have you used cheats and if so which:
1. I added some focus points to a family member.
2. I gave some of my kingdom's fiefs to the player so they could be gifted to clans of the same culture (Lageta was not one of those, it was handled by election).

Media (Screenshots & Video): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qbAOJ0f8WlQjOo2O7hTRdx2R2UF1Shja/view?usp=sharing
Did you gave your companion a different start fief, then the culture of his clan is decided with the first fief you give them.

An Example: If you give an Empire Companion an Battanian Castle, his clan culture will be battanian and no clan culture can not be changed and the clan culture is used for the owner culture penalty, not the clan leader's culture.

Hmm I think you're right... when I look in the "Clans" section of the encyclopedia, that clan does show up under the Vlandia filter despite all its members being Empire. Seems logically inconsistent to me, but at least it's an explanation 👍.

The annoying thing is that there's nothing on the individual clan's encyclopedia page that mentions the clan culture. I'm pretty sure this doesn't come up in the conversation where you make them a vassal either?

Back
Top Bottom