Opinions about Fighting System

Users who are viewing this thread

D-Tritus

Recruit
After some testing i want to share my feelings about the new fighting system.

The new system feels odd. Odd in that way, that i have a bad feeling. If i hit enemies i have a realy bad feedback of the weapon impact togheter with a weak sound impact.

In Warband weapons feel heavy and strong, if you hit somebody you got a good impact feeling and a good strong weapon sound.

In Bannerlord it feels like u are a paper human that hit with a papersword. You got a weak impact feeling. It is to soft. Hard to explain. Hope u guys have a litte idea of what im talking about.

Another Thing are the Bows. I just have my start bow but there i feel the same. drawing a bow feels to soft. Your charackter draw the bow to fast und u have just a weak sound of drawing the tendon

Than the arrows flying to slow. Liked always the high arrowspeed in warband. Now they are much to slow in my opinion. The arrows have also no real hard imact they feels so soft and weak.

In summery the new fighting system feels to soft without good impact feedback. Ist not rly fun to hit an enemy…

Have u some similar feelings? Greetings

Last edited:
Coming from Warband and being used to fight mechanics, I do agree what you're saying. It is a hell of a mess. Messy is the word : you do not have the feeling you had on warband. Even feigning is slow.

Yea I can't quite put my finger on it, but I can't get the hang of melee either.. The timing just feels super off most of the time, hoping it's just a matter of getting used to the new stuff.

I disagree with your statement. I enjoy current fighting as it is.

Hi Lady Timethi, but u would agree that the impact of weapons dont feel as hard as in warband it did? Maybe its the new ragdoll system. i dont know.

I don't know. Sometimes impacts do feel A LOT more satisfying than in Warband. Espacially a mace to the head.
I like that the AI in the game has more cards up its sleeve but overall I think its quite a bit too hard. Fighting Looters is quite challenging starting out in the game.

Apart from that I too have issues with weapons not connecting. Espacially lances not having enough reach to hit infantry from horsback before they hit you with short one-handed weapons.

Also ranged weapons are absolutely OP.

I agree in the fact that something feels off. The fighting mechanic itself is fine, but the chaos of battle feels lost. I M&B when 2 huge armies clashed it was really chaotic! Men screaming, shields and axes and swords bashing flesh, wood, and metal. Some sound rework would do wonders for the battles in bannerlord. In big battles when you join a lords army the chaos is pretty intense, but just no great sound to follow it.

Im just starting but i feel the same.
Soft sound and hard and odd to fight at same time
Also it is me or infantry and cav move as 30% faster than warband? Batlles feel too fast

Can we also mention how it's nearly impossible to hit anyone with a sword from atop a horse?
Yeah, you have to really stare on the ground to hit low enough. And when you do hit someone, i feel like there is no speed-bonus at all! I do just the same damage or maybe just slightly more than i do on foot, often taking more than 2 high-speed swordhits for armored troups.

Blocking is a pain now, so i just use a shield or start doing feints if my shield breaks or am in tourney.

Yeah, you have to really stare on the ground to hit low enough. And when you do hit someone, i feel like there is no speed-bonus at all! I do just the same damage or maybe just slightly more than i do on foot, often taking more than 2 high-speed swordhits for armored troups.
I haven't tried cavalry yet. So, does a 2-handed sword or polearm make it easier to hit people or still as difficult as one-handed weaponry?

2h seems to make it easier. As you can use both hands for a twohander now, you don't get any weaponspeed reduce, you just get a longer weapon compared to the 1h. And the 2h stab is very powerful from a horseback. Still just not efficient in my opinion.
I didn't try polearm yet.

After some testing i want to share my feelings about the new fighting system.

The new system feels odd. Odd in that way, that i have a bad feeling. If i hit enemies i have a realy bad feedback of the weapon impact togheter with a weak sound impact.

In Warband weapons feel heavy and strong, if you hit somebody you got a good impact feeling and a good strong weapon sound.

In Bannerlord it feels like u are a paper human that hit with a papersword. You got a weak impact feeling. It is to soft. Hard to explain. Hope u guys have a litte idea of what im talking about.

Another Thing are the Bows. I just have my start bow but there i feel the same. drawing a bow feels to soft. Your charackter draw the bow to fast und u have just a weak sound of drawing the tendon

Than the arrows flying to slow. Liked always the high arrowspeed in warband. Now they are much to slow in my opinion. The arrows have also no real hard imact they feels so soft and weak.

In summery the new fighting system feels to soft without good impact feedback. Ist not rly fun to hit an enemy…

Have u some similar feelings? Greetings
i like the new mechanics they feel harder

The weapons feel a lot shorter on horseback. Swinging with a 110 length sword feels almost like swinging a falchion in Warband. You really have to lean down to connect. And its hard to reach another horseman who's riding right next to you.

Same Feelings about Fighting with sword on Horse. Swords are or Just Feeling to short.
I agree that new harder Sounds would be a First good step in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom