Open Source Medieval Expansion (the "who's interested in helping" thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bismarck said:
Shall I upload what I've collected so far?

At the moment, I have the following stuff:
All of wanderers armoured and unarmoured horses
The old OSP weapon pack + Narf's flamberg
The medieval helmets pack + Narf's helmets
Narf's transitional + plate armours, Noste's retextured Sarranid items, thick1988's retextured native armours and CounterPoint391's hospitaller gear

I neither have the skills nor the software to improve the items or to create LODs and all those fancy gimmicks, so I'd be happy if someone would try to. LODs are especially important, because not everyone owns a high-end PC.

Another idea for an OSP package: a merge between Diplomacy (contains recruiter mod), Custom Commander, formations, spear bracing and the pavise mod.

Ill be uploading a new version of my horses soon. so don't bother adding them yet
new manes/tails and better quality saddles/bridles just better really

Anyone wants my hammer!?

myhammer.jpg

Bismarck said:
I neither have the skills nor the software to improve the items or to create LODs and all those fancy gimmicks, so I'd be happy if someone would try to. LODs are especially important, because not everyone owns a high-end PC.

I was working on lods these days and I runned into this:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,121666.0.html
so I downloaded this:
http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/
and than found this tut.:
http://myclone.wordpress.com/2010/01/27/using-meshlab-to-make-low-ploy-models-for-iclone/
and than tiberius explained to me here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,121666.15.html
So, I started to work on native items which do not have lods(item_meshes1, weapon_meshes1)... and did dejawolws great helmets and viking helmet pack and some osp weapons (by raptor), and so on- the most important thing is I did it all for one hour, maybe hour and a half.

I have released my project.  Please feel free to add any / all of the new items to this.  It includes a couple of hundred+ revised weapons, armors, etc., LODs for everything, etc., etc., etc.

So is there now a dedicated site for the OSP downloads or are we still working off the old existing threads?  I have not kept up to see if they are all compatible to Warband yet.. good work/effort at trying to bring it all together Arch.

I've put together some OSP packs for Warband (armours, horses, weapons, shields and helmets), but someone with more skills should have a look at them.
Many of the models could be improved with better textures and lods, so that this project meets Warband's standard of quality. Besides, some items seem to be placed wrong. Warband stuff is laying on that grid, but M&B stuff is pointing straight to the sky, so to speak. That OpenBRF doesn't seem to have an option to rotate the items.
Is anyone willed to help me?
Besides, should the Warband OSP receive a seperate thread in the Caravanserei?

Maybe i could do a few models WITHOUT textures.. i didn't get that part ^^
But i can't promise you that theyre good tough, i'm new..

Right. There is easy way to make lods using meshlab. Just export item from openBRF somewhere, to desktop for example, import it to meshlab and choose filters/ remeshing, simplification and reconstruction/ quadric edge collapse decimation. When you do that it will open window with some options in it, for example number of faces you want to delete/leave on mesh. If you do not touch that number it will make 2x less faces on your mesh. When you create lod1 go to file/save as/ type name of mesh and choose to save it as obj file. You can do that same process again for lod2(again 2x less faces) lod3...That should be it.
You may have some trouble with textures (but it is fastest way) than you can re-UV map it in wings or blender or whatever you use.

EDIT: I used to do spec_maps in photoshop: image/adjucement/brightness contrast. Increase contrast and brightness and that should be it. Remember, this works perfect on chainmails (for specular_shader or add more contrast and darken image for envmap_shader) but it does not work always on other things. If you are going to do spec_maps on this way it is best that you have black background.

Back
Top Bottom