Open Source Medieval Expansion (the "who's interested in helping" thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Since the Open Source Project is very outdated and the number of Open Source models, mission templates and scripts isn't that large, are there any modders that want to help me making a new open source project, medieval based. That means open source models, textures, scripts, map icons (badly needed). anything really, from formations to Lord AI and from dagger to coat of plates.

Things I already made and will release as open source:
4 morningstar models.
2 military hammers.
1 dagger with two different scabbards.
3 boar spears.

one AI charge mission_template (working on more versions and randomized and smart AI for more challenge)

I'm intteresting doing some scene-props.
I'm also working on a TF2 open-source project for the community, and in 2 week i will be free to work on it.

I've done a first project, but I'm not satisfied... It's a sort of citadel, but the AI don't work as well as I want.

I will come back to this topic when I have gathered all my best models.

I think I have a decent looking morningstar lying somewhere, but if you need swords, I got plenty of them.

Actually I've been making some falchions, though they kinda look like the cleavers that appeared later. And one of them doesn't work. And they're rather bad. :lol:

Doesn't matter, I like the idea of reviving and reinforcing the OSP.

It's a good idea to revive the OSP mod packs which are very comfortable for modders.
At the moment, there are already some high-quality armours and helmets out there (thanks to Narf), but I'm still missing weapons.

Ideas:
OSP Weapons
OSP Armours
OSP Helmets
OSP Horses
OSP Scripts

However, some brf's can't be changed due to the fact that LODs can't be transported to other brfs (as far as I know).
Right now, I'm downloading all the content-adding mods I can find. Maybe I'll put something together if I feel motivated.

I do think the models should be good quality, with speculars and normal maps when needed and preferably some LODs.

I'm still making stuff for my Full Invasion mod which I will later release as open source.

Öhm... Why should it be impossible to port LODs from one brf to another???
I did it some times for myself.
And making new LODs is very easy... with 3dsMax. Maybe it's possible with Blender, too.

I'm making some packages for OSP, too. The TES4-OSP-packages.
Most weapons are fantasy-based, but there are also many weapons, which are proper for medieval scenarios.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116730.0.html

I've collected Narf's armours, the medieval helmets, thick's retextured gear, the hospitaller armours and a Sarranid retexture. Let's not forget the new horses.

So far, 9 packs are ready:
OSPW_Armours (OSPW = Open Source Project Warband)
OSPW_Helmets
OSPW_Gauntlets
OSPW_Boots
OSPW_Sarranid_Retexture
OSPW_Armoured_Horses
OSPW_Camels
OSPW_Horses
OSPW_Fantasy_Horses

Do you know other items that deserve to be added? When I get the permission from the creators, I'll be able to upload it to the repository.

Currently woring on a horse barding project. Won't be done for a few weeks probably....

WIP
screenshot6252010115840.png

RR_Raptors sword pack still works very well, you may have to make lods and reduce the quality of his swords but there is lots of them in there.

I will be releasing hundreds of things OSP, including major upgrades to a lot of existing OSP stuff (all aligned, reskinned, LODs, scabbards, etc.) when my mod is done.  I am hoping to release this coming week.

Basically, I don't think we're going to need swords, polearms, axes, spears or a lot of other stuff- the way they were built / revamped means that changing them for different styles/feels is ridiculously easy.

And I did stuff like make nice LODs for Dejawolf's high-poly helms, paint a bunch of armor variants, more variants for my OSP camel, etc.

I don't want to get into details too much yet, I keep adding stuff.  But it's a lot.

othr said:
RR_Raptors sword pack still works very well, you may have to make lods and reduce the quality of his swords but there is lots of them in there.

No need to reduce, just needs lods and specular textures.

Shall I upload what I've collected so far?

At the moment, I have the following stuff:
All of wanderers armoured and unarmoured horses
The old OSP weapon pack + Narf's flamberg
The medieval helmets pack + Narf's helmets
Narf's transitional + plate armours, Noste's retextured Sarranid items, thick1988's retextured native armours and CounterPoint391's hospitaller gear

I neither have the skills nor the software to improve the items or to create LODs and all those fancy gimmicks, so I'd be happy if someone would try to. LODs are especially important, because not everyone owns a high-end PC.

Another idea for an OSP package: a merge between Diplomacy (contains recruiter mod), Custom Commander, formations, spear bracing and the pavise mod.

Back
Top Bottom