-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

JosieJ said:
You probably wrote your reply before the last quote tag.  And you can delete your own posts: there should be a "Remove" option on the top right of your post.

danke for that and i did not put it before the quote thing

slayer93443 said:
can you see the buildings you build in villages n towns like if u build a watch tower can u see it
I had heard that this was going to be a feature of the 1257 AD mod.
It might still have to be implemented though, as far as I know.

Couple question.

1. When the message log gets bombarded with messages, it shuts down for a little bit, I guess sort of as a spam filter of sorts. Is there any way to quickly "reboot" the system, other than just waiting (and restarting the game that'd take even longer)? I don't think save and quit - load game does the trick, either. Sometimes it takes a really long time to come back, too, which can be a hassle. (I'm not using the kill all cheat, in case you're going to say 'try not cheating', just playing blood and steel mod which lets you shoot an explosive into a crowd and instantly shut down your combat log)

2. Party skills. Can the +1, +2, etc. bonuses you get from having points invested in party skills yourself as well as a companion cause the party skill to be raised above 10? Like if I had 2 points in surgery giving us the +1 bonus, and my companion had 10 points in surgery, would we get 11 surgery points?

stealthycow said:
1. When the message log gets bombarded with messages, it shuts down for a little bit, I guess sort of as a spam filter of sorts. Is there any way to quickly "reboot" the system, other than just waiting (and restarting the game that'd take even longer)? I don't think save and quit - load game does the trick, either. Sometimes it takes a really long time to come back, too, which can be a hassle. (I'm not using the kill all cheat, in case you're going to say 'try not cheating', just playing blood and steel mod which lets you shoot an explosive into a crowd and instantly shut down your combat log)
No, unfortunately not. Real time waiting or exiting/restarting is the only thing.

stealthycow said:
2. Party skills. Can the +1, +2, etc. bonuses you get from having points invested in party skills yourself as well as a companion cause the party skill to be raised above 10? Like if I had 2 points in surgery giving us the +1 bonus, and my companion had 10 points in surgery, would we get 11 surgery points?
Yes, definitely. Up to 14 (I believe).

Caba`drin said:
stealthycow said:
Yes, definitely. Up to 14 (I believe).

yes it goes up to 14.

Rallix said:
slayer93443 said:
can you see the buildings you build in villages n towns like if u build a watch tower can u see it
I had heard that this was going to be a feature of the 1257 AD mod.
It might still have to be implemented though, as far as I know.

In dev1257 (it's the 1257AD svn-version; the old 1257AD Pre 0.95 is no longer supported) you can upgrade your village to a fortified manor with several expansion stages, you can for instance build your own castle which of course appears on the world map and you can fortify it. And of course you can 'interact' with the castle like you can do with every other castle. You can upgrade your village and build ~30 different buildings, which all will appear in the village scene (to be more specific, in the fortified manor scene), with different people/masters and traders with whom you can all interact and for instance determine if you'll be paid your taxes in gold or goods, or inviting a knightly order into your monastery which you can build and also is depicted in the scene (let's you recruit some Templars for instance) as a building along with a priest who can boost your morale or another option is to open a scriptorium in the monastery where then will spawn book traders; building a prison for instance results in a ransom broker spawning inside your village which means you'll never again have to travel around in search for a ransom broker. You can draw an army out of the fortified manor, up to 1,000 men strong, which will follow you around and supports you in fights. And a thousand things more, which I have forgotten to mention, eg. a reworked companion system and a completely reworked recruitment system, etc.

Multiple questions.
-Wich criteria should I use to marry?
-At wich level/army size is it worth to capture fiefs?
-How the hell should I survive those swarms of 70 bandits/raiders following my nooby army?

Marriage is totally up to you. Find a single lady, start visiting her all covert like then propose marriage. Her type will affect what kind of poem/actions she appreciates and whether she'll run away with you if it comes to that.

Capturing castles you mean? It depends how big the garrison is that you want to attack, the best bet (if you're in a faction) is to get friendly with one of the lords and then when you're at war ask him to accompany you and attack a castle. This way many of the casualties will be his. Even better if you can get more than one to accompany you.  When you have a decent number of top tier troops however, you can generally take castles with half the defender's numbers - though you will need more for Nords and Rhodoks as they are monsters in sieges.

Don't go near the Khergit or Sarranid areas early on, their mounted bandits will tear you apart. For the other bandit types just keep your troops together and try to pick on the smaller groups till you get some solid mid-tier troops.

Hazzard11133 said:
How can i get a enemy kingdom to agree to a truce? i own my own kingdom and they keep denying my requests.
Make sure the companion you send has some decent Persuasion.  High honor and Right to Rule also helps.  I think relation with the king is also factored in.

But the best way is to beat them up very badly until they offer peace, defeat their armies, capture their lords, and grab their fiefs.

Thank you for this forum..  I was looking for new direction and came to your site. You continue to be a source of inspiration.

Falcon Critical said:
Marriage is totally up to you. Find a single lady, start visiting her all covert like then propose marriage. Her type will affect what kind of poem/actions she appreciates and whether she'll run away with you if it comes to that.

Capturing castles you mean? It depends how big the garrison is that you want to attack, the best bet (if you're in a faction) is to get friendly with one of the lords and then when you're at war ask him to accompany you and attack a castle. This way many of the casualties will be his. Even better if you can get more than one to accompany you.

I'm sorry to continue my questions, but:
- As for marriage, does my wife affect anything else that isn't my reputation with any lord?
-As for the second question, I tried being accompanied by other lords, but during sieges, they either don't join the battle, or already go on their own after a while.

Filou said:
Hazzard11133 said:
How can i get a enemy kingdom to agree to a truce? i own my own kingdom and they keep denying my requests.
Make sure the companion you send has some decent Persuasion.  High honor and Right to Rule also helps.  I think relation with the king is also factored in.

But the best way is to beat them up very badly until they offer peace, defeat their armies, capture their lords, and grab their fiefs.

heh good tactic there Kamerad

Few more questions:

1. Can garrisoned units desert you?
2. Do all deserters you see actually desert from another lord? Or are they just spawned like Bandits?
3. I heard that a garrison over 300 is pointless. That if you own a town, and have more than 300 units  garrisoned in it, those units beyond 300 are wasted as they won't participate in the battle. Is this true?
4. About much better are Swadian Knights than slaver chiefs?

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom