-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

Larmantine said:
There's not.  Well, looks like just gonna wait for a war.

Not sure if it works in diplomacy, but in native you can demand tolls from caravans to put you at -1 relation with said faction, then besiege and capture a city.  Have only done this once, but soon after Vaegirs declared war on us.  No honor loss or relation with king loss.

Misc. question, but are lancers considered heavy cav?

I've been trying to equip and train all of the companions, thinking of the future when I may need them in a pinch. I pushed it a little too far with keeping incompatible ones in the group together for too long, and a few of them have left the group.

Katrin in particular was one of my primaries in my main stable group, and she left quite awhile ago. I've been just continuing on, leveling the others and figuring I can catch her up when she shows up in a tavern again - but I haven't seen her in like 2 months of game time. Is it possible she's gone for good? New code in the game to make this possible? I'd really like to get her back...anyone know?

also-I've switched to only keeping a stable group together, so she won't leave right away once I find her.

Dziadu_Swierznowski said:
You can ask around taverns if someone seen her. If i'm not mistaken the guy marked as "traveler" should tell you this.

Yes, for 30 denars, travellers should be able to tell you where she is, if she's spawned back into the game.  Sometimes it takes companions a while to spawn back into the game, though.

[Edit:] Malinos, I realize you haven't asked for my advice on this point, so take it for what it's worth, but it's really a waste of effort and money to level and outfit anyone but the companions you're going to use regularly.

I've made the rounds of the cities quite a few times looking, and every time I see a traveler I ask him. Katrin is never on the list :sad:

Been a few months game time now...

JosieJ - thanks for the advice :smile:  I quit working on the alts when things started falling apart lol

Took awhile but they all showed up on the Traveler's list again :smile:

OK, now I have a question.  I know it's been answered around here many times, but I'm apparently not phrasing my search attempts correctly, because I'm not finding answers.

Is there a way, not using TweakMB, to stop relation loss when declining offers of vassalage?  Or, failing that, to stop kings from making the offers in the first place, at least not after they've been rejected once?  If TweakMB is the only way, would I have to start a new game for the changes to take effect?

As far as I know, no. but there is a way to stop the offers without tweak, it appears you only get offers from a certain kingdom if you are on their lands. I.E Nords near Sargoth. If you can just make sure you don't go anyway near a place who wants to make you a vassal your golden :mrgreen:. Also they will stop giving offers when their relationship is -1.

Another question:
Do i need to put food in the chests in my castles/ towns for my troops??? :?: :?:

Fruitcake said:
As far as I know, no. but there is a way to stop the offers without tweak, it appears you only get offers from a certain kingdom if you are on their lands. I.E Nords near Sargoth.

Oh, no wonder Ragnar was constantly bugging me about it! 

Also they will stop giving offers when their relationship is -1.

Oh, well: I was trying to keep high relations with all the kings and factions for when I go independent, but I guess that won't be possible, with the kings at least.

Thanks for the info.

As to your question: garrisoned troops will automatically get their food from the town or castle instead of you having to store food for them (like you carry it in your inventory when they're in your party).

JosieJ said:
OK, now I have a question.  I know it's been answered around here many times, but I'm apparently not phrasing my search attempts correctly, because I'm not finding answers.

Is there a way, not using TweakMB, to stop relation loss when declining offers of vassalage?  Or, failing that, to stop kings from making the offers in the first place, at least not after they've been rejected once?  If TweakMB is the only way, would I have to start a new game for the changes to take effect?
Open menus.txt, there are 2 entries for mno_faction_reject  0  Decline_the_invitation . Find those 2 entries, and change -3 number 2 or 3 blocks after entry to whatever value, i have it on 0, so there is no relation loss when i reject vassalage offer.

Thanks, I'll try that!

[Edit:]  OK, now that I'm playing a male character, it seems I've got tons of questions!  (I'm not used to playing male characters; I usually play female ones.)

Is it possible in edit mode to change what a lady is wearing?  Because if there's anything uglier than some of the ladies' faces, it's what they're wearing!

JosieJ said:
Thanks, I'll try that!

[Edit:]  OK, now that I'm playing a male character, it seems I've got tons of questions!  (I'm not used to playing male characters; I usually play female ones.)

Is it possible in edit mode to change what a lady is wearing?  Because if there's anything uglier than some of the ladies' faces, it's what they're wearing!

Yes, im sure there is some basic way to edit the script, but I used Morgh's  troop editor to change what some of them wear.  However they seem to randomly wear hats/veils, or i just suck at changing things.

I've been reading about how to keep companions happy, but maybe I just don't get it.

I have interactions turned off, so they don't quarrel amongst themselves. However, it happens that most aren't impressed with my leadership. I'm winning battles, freeing lords, capturing cities and castles, no looting, got a good stock of food and money, what's the deal?

Recently Nizaris left me because he said something to the effect that my fame was outshining his; what? So if I get famous I'm gonna lose my boys? And some of the nobles have been pitching a fit. What's up? Any ideas?

Hey I was wondering if I can chnage my banner to something a bit more fitting of the Kingdom of Cake. Is there a way I can make a custom banner and replace the one I currently have?
Ty in advance

JosieJ said:
Thanks, I'll try that!

That is a tougher one. Open conversation.txt, look up for next entry: dlga_spouse_talk:spouse_household_possessions. After this line, add this:
dlga_spouse_talk:spouse_inverntory_wife 69631 468  0 Let_me_see_your_equipment 0 1 2051 0 NO_VOICEOVER
Now check the number in dlga_spouse_talk:spouse_household_possessions as in this case, marked red, and change number 468 into what u have. This adds options like companions have: Let me see your equpment. Good luck.

BlueMonkE said:
I've been reading about how to keep companions happy, but maybe I just don't get it.

I have interactions turned off, so they don't quarrel amongst themselves. However, it happens that most aren't impressed with my leadership. I'm winning battles, freeing lords, capturing cities and castles, no looting, got a good stock of food and money, what's the deal?

Recently Nizaris left me because he said something to the effect that my fame was outshining his; what? So if I get famous I'm gonna lose my boys? And some of the nobles have been pitching a fit. What's up? Any ideas?

Who do you have?  Not all of them get along with one another, and turning the interactions off just means they don't complain to you, not that they all magically get along.  There are a number of companion guides explaining who goes with whom; you can find a link in the first post in the stickied "singleplayer manual" topic at the top of this page.

Fruitcake said:
Hey I was wondering if I can chnage my banner to something a bit more fitting of the Kingdom of Cake. Is there a way I can make a custom banner and replace the one I currently have?
Ty in advance

Absolutely!  I have no clue how to do it, but I know it can be done: there are a couple of banner replacement mods, and I know there's a banner tutorial around here somewhere!!  Do a search and see what comes up!

[Edit:] Searched myself and this came up, which would seem perfect for your purposes!

Thanks, CardsFan, I'll try that if the edit mode thing doesn't work.

Fruitcake said:
Ty in advance

Absolutely!  I have no clue how to do it, but I know it can be done: there are a couple of banner replacement mods, and I know there's a banner tutorial around here somewhere!!  Do a search and see what comes up!

[Edit:] Searched myself and this came up, which would seem perfect for your purposes!

This is great but will it work with the latest Warband version 1.143 something or other. By the way I am running it on steam.

Fruitcake said:
Fruitcake said:
Ty in advance

This is great but will it work with the latest Warband version 1.143 something or other. By the way I am running it on steam.

Not sure about that.  You could try PMing the author.

Tried downloading the pack and it didnt work -.-, I guess ill just look up youtube tutorials and hope for the best.
The new flag for the Kingdom of Cake will be made and will kick the nords ass +)

Back
Top Bottom