-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

With high athletics and low riding skill would it be wiser to not use a horse for traveling on the world map?

Another quick question... Nord archers are better than veagir archers? Even though they are cheaper and lower level?

Generally, Nord anything beats whatever any other faction uses as that unit type at melee range. That's sorta what they do.

Lord Brutus said:
Vaegir marksmen are superior archers to Nord veteran archers at range. Up close, not so much, plus like all Nords, I think, their veteran archers carry axes. Ouch.

Well I'm looking at the stats but I don't know equipment.

Vaegir Marksman: lvl24 archery140 Ironflesh2 Powerdraw 5 Athletics3 agility8 strength20 health59
Veteran Archer:    lvl 19 archery120 Ironflesh4 Powerdraw5 Athletics7 agility10 strength15 health58

But just looking at the stats I would say they're about the same. I don't know how to find out their gear though.

Ok nvm, I did some hardcore searching on the forums and found some tools that let me see all the items. Turns out the marksmen gear is far superior. Their bows shoot faster and their gear is stronger.

Yukkuri said:
I am currently building my own kingdom, but I have a problem. Other factions are constantly attacking me without even declaring war. I would just be minding my own business one day and then somebody from another faction would suddenly start looting my villages or even besieging a castle/town. Even after I send an emissary to enter into a truce, they would just start attacking me again (while the truce is still in place, I might add) after a few days. When I check the faction relations chart, their relation with me is just -1 or -2, not a full -30 like it would be if they'd actually declared war. I thought it was because they don't recognize me as monarch yet, but then today I got attacked by a faction that I had recognition from, in the same fashion.

My right to rule, renown and honor are all quite high at this time, by the way.

Hate to bring this question up again, but seems like nobody's answered it yet. It's making my game impossible to play at this point.

I forgot to add that the only mod I'm using is Diplomacy, and a few tweaks from TweakMB.

Is there some I way I can sabotage a lord's standing with the king and the other lords?

Some random Khergit lord joined our kingdom after we wiped them out and now the king just keeps giving him every piece of land we get. He's so far collected two castles and 3 villages, nearly all of them in succession. Everytime I ask the king who he thinks should get a fief, the King says he's going to support that Khergit lord. I haven't asked him if he would support me instead because I don't really want those villages but it seems kinda lame that some random dude can just join up and start getting stuff when we've got lords who only have 1 or 2 villages still hanging around.

dPB said:
Is there some I way I can sabotage a lord's standing with the king and the other lords?

Some random Khergit lord joined our kingdom after we wiped them out and now the king just keeps giving him every piece of land we get. He's so far collected two castles and 3 villages, nearly all of them in succession. Everytime I ask the king who he thinks should get a fief, the King says he's going to support that Khergit lord. I haven't asked him if he would support me instead because I don't really want those villages but it seems kinda lame that some random dude can just join up and start getting stuff when we've got lords who only have 1 or 2 villages still hanging around.

Ask follow lords how to improve your standing in the realm. He will give you one of two quests. One is to settle an argument between two lords and the other is to go to the king to conspire against a lord. If you're lucky you'll get that second quest against the lord you mention.

it may sound like a silly question, but which units are the most powerful in castle defense with autoresolve? because i don't feel like running back to castle/city everytime it gets sieged (and mostly happens when im on the other side of the map damn it :sad:) and noticed hat units behave differently than on the field (notably mamlukes)

plus, is there any limit to troop garrisons? (except money)

Yukkuri said:
Yukkuri said:
I am currently building my own kingdom, but I have a problem. Other factions are constantly attacking me without even declaring war. I would just be minding my own business one day and then somebody from another faction would suddenly start looting my villages or even besieging a castle/town. Even after I send an emissary to enter into a truce, they would just start attacking me again (while the truce is still in place, I might add) after a few days. When I check the faction relations chart, their relation with me is just -1 or -2, not a full -30 like it would be if they'd actually declared war. I thought it was because they don't recognize me as monarch yet, but then today I got attacked by a faction that I had recognition from, in the same fashion.

Hate to bring this question up again, but seems like nobody's answered it yet. It's making my game impossible to play at this point.

I forgot to add that the only mod I'm using is Diplomacy, and a few tweaks from TweakMB.

I just noticed your post. I have the same problem and opened a thread about it a couple minutes ago.

Any help or tips would be appreciated

I am playing with Diplo mod only and have noticed this "undeclared" war that you speak of a couple of times. Once at war with Vaegirs (as Nords), Nords and Vaegirs make peace, my relationship with Vaegirs goes from -70 back to 0. However, shortly after I see a Vaegir lord chasing one of my patrols (not Nord patrols in general, just mine). I look at the faction relations report and somehow my relation with Vaegirs has gone from 0 to -4. How this happened I have no idea but I chased down the Vaegir lord, he says Vaegirs are at war with me, not the Nords, just me. He says he can patch things up if I pay him 800 denars or something, so I paid him. Sure enough, rerlationship goes from -4 back to 0. Had this happen with Swadia once later on.
Look at the faction relations report and see if something like this has happened.

Yukkuri said:

Iche_Bins said:
I just noticed your post. I have the same problem and opened a thread about it a couple minutes ago.

Any help or tips would be appreciated
For posterity's sake...
Link to Iche_Bins' thread:
in Warlord's Den
in Diplomacy's subforum

My prior thread on the same topic in Diplo's subforum: Losing faction relations and falling into war

BigBiker05 said:
Ask follow lords how to improve your standing in the realm. He will give you one of two quests. One is to settle an argument between two lords and the other is to go to the king to conspire against a lord. If you're lucky you'll get that second quest against the lord you mention.

Yeah I tried it but all the lords seemed to hate the newer ones we got. However, by a stroke of luck the lord got chosen as Marshal randomly after I gave up my position after wiping out another kingdom so time for a little siege sabotage to get his controversy to 100...

Blunt weapons only at a siege? What? It's a brilliant idea!

What files would I need to edit for cows to follow me? Lots of mods include this, but I just want to include it by itself.

TweakMB (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=101731.0) has this (and many others!) as an option, and you're able to enable it without making any other changes.

Although I recently discovered on these forums how cattle driving works (they behave as a fleeing party would) and now do not shy away from cow missions.

As for editing files themselves, you should ask in the modding forum.

Why is Curaw always targeted despite being the exact center of the Kingdom of Vaegirs? For example the Swadians will always ignore Reyvadin and make a beeline for Curaw, while for all their talk of 'the Rock' the Nords never make a move on Rivacheg before taking Curaw first.

What is it that makes this city so attractive to the AI?

Various noobish questions below. I didn't find any answer to it, but i may have missed it.

1 - My right to rule is at 99. It seems to affect the probability that someone declares a war on me, if I understand well (almost 200 days of peace atm, my kingdom grows only by convinving lords to defect their king and join me :razz:). What else is affected by it? I'm using Diplomacy mod and I sent emissaries to others kings but they don't recognize me as a king.

2 - I promoted the 8 companion i'm not keeping with me, as lords. Do they keep leveling up on their own and increasing their characteristics?

3 - On a side note, one of these guys which was nicely equiped with a siege crossbow and a pavise shield decided to come back with a horse when I gave him lands. Does any of you know a way to remove it? I guess i will have to edit my save files, but i didn't find any satisfying solution in The Forge section.

Many thanks for you help.

CardShark said:
1 - My right to rule is at 99. It seems to affect the probability that someone declares a war on me, if I understand well (almost 200 days of peace atm, my kingdom grows only by convinving lords to defect their king and join me :razz:). What else is affected by it? I'm using Diplomacy mod and I sent emissaries to others kings but they don't recognize me as a king.
Plenty out there on right to rule and recognition in this board and in Diplomacy...the bottom line is that your high RTR will lower the probability of others declaring war on you (as you knew) and it increases the likelihood of lords joining you when you try to convince them. Recognition is Native-coded and odd...effectively you'll only get it if both you and the kingdom you want recognition from are both at war with the same third kingdom. So, you want recognition from Swadia and Swadia is fighting the Rhodoks. Declare war on the Rhodoks and ask for recognition from Swadia...so long as their war doesn't end before you get a reply, you'll be recognized.

CardShark said:
2 - I promoted the 8 companion i'm not keeping with me, as lords. Do they keep leveling up on their own and increasing their characteristics?
No. They're an NPC lord now, and like all NPC lords, they don't level.

CardShark said:
3 - On a side note, one of these guys which was nicely equiped with a siege crossbow and a pavise shield decided to come back with a horse when I gave him lands. Does any of you know a way to remove it? I guess i will have to edit my save files, but i didn't find any satisfying solution in The Forge section.
There are some mods (Custom Commander, perhaps?) that allow you to change the equipment of a lord by talking to them. But, in general, companions-made-lords have some of their equipment replaced upon "lordification". Now that it has happened, they no longer carry the crossbow and shield you had given them...it is lost.

1 - Ah sorry i didn't find what i was looking for about RtR before asking this. Than you for the tip about askinf during a war.

2 - Too bad. I should have kept them a little bit longer :/

3 - Yes i already knew they were likely to change part of their stuff. On the 8 companion, the 3 who had a relatively bad armor upgraded it to heraldric mail, the 5 who had a better one kept it unchanged, so i guess this is systematic. I saw some 1 handed-weapons changes too.

The sad thing is that i optimisticly assumed that Bunduk wouldn't get a horse when turning into a lord, so i equiped him Rhodok-style with a pavise shield and a siege crossbow, and that guy just came back with a (bad) horse :sad:

i'll have a look in the mod section for this.

Thank you :smile:

Two-part question:

1. If I wanted to alter the upgrade cost and wages of troops, which file do I tinker around with to do this?

2. Would this affect how NPC lords recruit and upgrade their troops? If for example, I made the upgrade cost of knights 400 denars, would there still be knights in NPC lord parties, or would the AI simply decide not to upgrade?

Back
Top Bottom