Official Bug Report Thread. Post all problems here!

Users who are viewing this thread

I love this Mod! :grin:
I noticed when I played with the UK or Prussia and I joined the Army via the army recruiter that I am missing their banner, works fine with France though, not sure about other nations.
Just thought I would let you know as it is, slightly annoying.

Other than that, Great just what I have been looking for!
Keep up the good work. 

Hi,
I do not know if that is a bug or not, but very much seems so.
So each time I am in battle, no matter how many troops I got, they fire 1-2 times and then half of them are running away from the battlefield.
Seems like a bit of a problem...

every time i try to talk to my chancellor and hire committee members he says you have 0 in your treasury and it switches to my guy and he says something and then the conversation ends

The Russian Grenaders are grouped under the "Musketeer" (2) group. I haven't checked if the Yegers are also in this group, but it's not a big deal for now. Although it might cause problems with coordinating a large army.

Thanks for the clarification. Its been a while since I've played L'Aigle and I just started a new save, I forgot about that.

This is a very strange bug which happened, a very rare one too. Never happened to me before in a bout 800 days in total of this mod. I was trying to break a comrade out of jail when a huge massacre of civilians happened in Cardiff. Some civilians became hostile to both me and my companions and the British guards. Note the kill log thing in the left:

qtzAHRn.jpg
kg53Bwt.jpg
oebSlzM.jpg
HoddAlf.jpg

It was rather odd.

Duke0fWellington said:
This is a very strange bug which happened, a very rare one too. Never happened to me before in a bout 800 days in total of this mod. I was trying to break a comrade out of jail when a huge massacre of civilians happened in Cardiff. Some civilians became hostile to both me and my companions and the British guards. Note the kill log thing in the left:

qtzAHRn.jpg
kg53Bwt.jpg
oebSlzM.jpg
HoddAlf.jpg

It was rather odd.

Looks like the townsmen had enough with the walking into walls and started a revolt.

JUAN THE GREAT! said:
Duke0fWellington said:

qtzAHRn.jpg
kg53Bwt.jpg
oebSlzM.jpg
HoddAlf.jpg

It was rather odd.

Looks like the townsmen had enough with the walking into walls and started a revolt.

That could actually make a very interesting feature. For example, in towns with very bad economies/little food, the townspeople could begin to riot.

Mr.Nock said:
JUAN THE GREAT! said:
Duke0fWellington said:

qtzAHRn.jpg
kg53Bwt.jpg
oebSlzM.jpg
HoddAlf.jpg

It was rather odd.

That could actually make a very interesting feature. For example, in towns with very bad economies/little food, the townspeople could begin to riot.
Maybe that wasn't a bug afterall  :shock: ?

Well considering all the townspeople don't have weapons to fend themselves, Id call dat a bug. Riots would be pretty cool do. Imagine, peasants with pitchforks and stones attacking grenadier guards...

I noticed a somewhat substantial bug, in regards to the "eternal peace." Quite simply: peace treaties don't end. It was day 185 when I resumed my game, and in game it was like September 2nd, and peace with the UK was scheduled to end September 10th. Come the 10th, I check the notes > Factions > France, and it says the treaty had 10 days left. I return the 20th to see there are 9 days left, and on the 29th, I see there are 5 days left. October 3rd rolls around and the treaty is still on. To make a long story short, it;'s now day 220 or so, November 13th in game, and it still says there are days remaining on the treaty. Perhaps not all cases are like this, but in my case, this appears to be the issue.

First of all, before I start listing all the bugs I came across while playing L'aigle, I wanted to say I absolutely love this mod and I hope the developers can fix some of the game breaking bugs as soon as possible.

(It is possible that most of these bugs are already listed elsewhere but I'm going to just list all the bugs I came across, already posted or not.)

Also I play as Prussia so bear that in mind

List of bugs I came across:
-I cannot recruit flag bearers.
-when giving commands, sometimes a small square with commands stays on the screen even when the command is given, when pressing esc the square goes away though.
-farmers and some companions appear in taverns with their default gear on.
-village elders have their default gear on.
-There are to little randsom brokers.
-The artilery men sometimes bug out on the cannon.
-I cant ask the guy in the military depot for a promotion, I could only buy a promotion(major), later I could ask the King for a promotion though(colonel).
-I don't know if it's a bug or a weird game mechanic but when I am at peace for a while, and I see in the morale reports tab, there is a negative number by recent events, altough my party has enough to eat, I had no battles, did nothing but running around and buying and selling some stuff. It may be because they want to fight but sometimes the number is like -37, seems a bit high. Also in times of peace it's not easy to keep up morale so maybe this should be looked at.
-the default horses are still in the game, again I don't know if it's a bug or it's meant to be, but it's definitely strange that I can buy an armored horse in 1809  :razz:.
-I also noticed there are very few bandits.
-Polearms handle very weird, this is probably because of the muskets, but when fighting peasants this is very unpleasant, overhead attacks are the only thing that work propperly.
-The sound of rain playing when the sky is clear.
-Pipes and glasses are awesome, but can't be equipped with hat, this is not a bug but it is unfortunate. (I know there are hats and pipes combined, but still a bit of customisatoin would be nice.)

-Sea battles:
-I get them on mainland, when there is no water near.
-enemy cannons spawn on my ship, wich bloks my troops, my cannons spawn under the sea
-cavalry spawns on their horses, wich again bloks my troops
-some enemy forces get under the sea, wich reslults in a battle i cannot win because i can't reach the enemy forces.

-Sometimes I get a weird light glitch where it looks like all characters, including mine are glowing white(couldn't get it to happen for screenshot.)
-When I challenged a lord for a duel over a woman, I spawned outside the arena, I actually had to use the edit function (ctrl+e only available when enabled in advanced menu settings) to delete some walls and objects to get to the enemy lord and defeat him. I could also run from the arena and after that I would get stuck in an infinite loop of conversation with the lord. Restarting my game was the only way out of it, thus returning to the previous safe.
-when you have an enemy standard in your inventory, the flag of the image keeps moving.
-when you take an enemy standard in battle, it normally goes into your inventory after the battle, but when your inventory is full it doesn't (logical) but after the battle, you can't get it. It is not in the loot.
-There are a lot of villages, when fought in, a lot of enemy forces get stuck behind a fence, at the moment that I'm writing this I can't find such village there are quite a few. If you played this mod a little, you'll definitely know what I'm talking about.
-when sieging a town and you need to fight at the centre of the town, one enemy always gets stuck behind a building, you then need to (glitch) out the map, using a small alley and then going around to kill the guy. This isn't game breaking but definitely annoying. And if you don't know the enemy is there or you don't know how to glitch out of the city, you can't complete the siege, the same goes for assassination events in the same town. Again I don't have a screenshot of this, but when playing the mod you'll know what I'm talking about.

The following spoilers contain bugs I took a screenshot from.

This bridge is wrongly placed, possibly not the only one.
2Av2Kc.png
The same bridge also doesn't work, notice how it slows me down to cross the river.
7YoCai.png
When I travel from the mainland to London, or England in general I travel across the sea.
qx6qdP.png
The following troops do not have uniforms, they look like recruits. It is possible that there are more units like this but as mentioned earlier I play as Prussia.
UKpRrf.png
sQm6KD.png
Troops have no wages
UiJMZG.png

So guys, that was about all the bugs I found, I probably missed some but these bugs are for me personally the most annoying bugs in the game. I put a lot of efford into making this buglist, I hope it will help the makers of this mod. I find this a great mod and I hope to see the bugs fixed soon!

Devjerovf said:
-when giving commands, sometimes a small square with commands stays on the screen even when the command is given, when pressing esc the square goes away though.
-farmers and some companions appear in taverns with their default gear on.
-village elders have their default gear on.
-The artilery men sometimes bug out on the cannon.
-I don't know if it's a bug or a weird game mechanic but when I am at peace for a while, and I see in the morale reports tab, there is a negative number by recent events, altough my party has enough to eat, I had no battles, did nothing but running around and buying and selling some stuff. It may be because they want to fight but sometimes the number is like -37, seems a bit high. Also in times of peace it's not easy to keep up morale so maybe this should be looked at.
-Pipes and glasses are awesome, but can't be equipped with hat, this is not a bug but it is unfortunate. (I know there are hats and pipes combined, but still a bit of customisatoin would be nice.)
-Sometimes I get a weird light glitch where it looks like all characters, including mine are glowing white(couldn't get it to happen for screenshot.)
-when you have an enemy standard in your inventory, the flag of the image keeps moving.
-when you take an enemy standard in battle, it normally goes into your inventory after the battle, but when your inventory is full it doesn't (logical) but after the battle, you can't get it. It is not in the loot.
-There are a lot of villages, when fought in, a lot of enemy forces get stuck behind a fence, at the moment that I'm writing this I can't find such village there are quite a few. If you played this mod a little, you'll definitely know what I'm talking about.
Warband's own bugs / game engine limitations.

Devjerovf said:
-There are to little randsom brokers.
-I also noticed there are very few bandits.
That's actually somewhat historically accurate.

Devjerovf said:
The same bridge also doesn't work, notice how it slows me down to cross the river.
Slowing is not a bug, it's a feature.

Devjerovf said:
When I travel from the mainland to London, or England in general I travel across the sea.
Well, yeah, that's actually amazing, counting the fact that England is located on the island.

Devjerovf said:
Troops have no wages
Feature.

Nice overlook on bugs though.

Mhm, as always, the software doesn't have bugs, it just generates randomized features :wink:

Perhaps it was mentioned before, and i know that this is an alpha...
But some of the troops seem to have the wrong nation assigned. At least the italian Dragone della Real Guardia Italiano suffer a moral penalty when fighting french lords. In my actual game the overall moral of the party stays at 99, but the party window tells me that my dragoons have a terrible moral. As i know that troop trees are still WIP, i just want to mention it. :wink:

In battle, some allied troops have the wrong banners. I was fighting alongside British troops, and several of them had a Calradic flag as their banner instead of the Union Jack.

Also, some patrols have bandits or farmers on their side when I fight them. I'm not sure, but it seems that their prisoners fight with them as allies. I've only encountered this two or three times.

Mr.Nock said:
In battle, some allied troops have the wrong banners. I was fighting alongside British troops, and several of them had a Calradic flag as their banner instead of the Union Jack.
As far as I understand, that is only a problem with the troops of the faction leaders. For some reason, all faction leaders have the same banner as their native counterparts.

2 main bugs i have a problem with.
I hired 2 12 pdr artillery and the crews were only half there but then reappeared, and one got stuck in the cannon.
[no pictures]
and the townswomen all congregate in a group of 3 or more, sometimes up to 7. note the woman in native clothes
RksWjf1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom