Official Bug Report Thread. Post all problems here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Docm30 said:
That information is useless if you don't tell me what city it was in. I don't actually possess the power of clairvoyance.

this happens in the city, which you spawn in a big city square with a park. where
every sellsman and the city major are around that square. i think it
also has a small pul in that park.

sifis172 said:
Docm30 said:
That information is useless if you don't tell me what city it was in. I don't actually possess the power of clairvoyance.

this happens in the city, which you spawn in a big city square with a park. where
every sellsman and the city major are around that square. i think it
also has a small pul in that park.
That is nice, but a lot of cities share the same design and textures. A name is what he is looking for.

I think I know the scene he's talking about, a fenced off park surrounded by buildings on four sides and a pool of water in the middle; it can be accessed at Lublin, Toulouse and L'Aquila (among others).

Great mod I'm loving every thing so far. Here are some bugs I encountered I hope this helps you out a little
( I will keep updating this post with whatever I find and assume to be a bug :smile:

wrong name
0fa0d87d066e7243717ba0c0f2e58633.png

no legs/thighs (or whatever)
hollandsche veteraan grenadier
1b1d7a93576ed2aa38058f3ed240b3dc.png

a93d42b4628c1c9e0b1506019dc872e3.png

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I've spotted some questionable hairstyles on town guildmasters, who think they can hide their shame from me by always facing in my direction...

2usdfgx.jpg

...and a misgendered David Cameron Napoleon...

kas5ci.jpg

...and last but not least, this lot...

2z56ipi.jpg

JJcujWc.jpg

Hope that helps!

I think you've confused the British Rifled Carbine stats withe the British Rifle.

Rifled Carbine has dmg: 100 Accy: 100 and Reload speed of: 35

British Rifle has dmg: 100 Accy: 95 and reload speed of: 40

Just seemed odd to have a carbine more accurate and slower than a rifle :razz:

EDIT: The British Rifle and Rifled Carbine have the same accuracy, it's only the British Rifle with bayonet attached which has less accuracy. The rifled carbine has no equivalent (yet).

While attending a feast in Paris I noticed that the host, Napoleon, whom arrived last, did not spawn in the scene, neither in the back room nor the main hall. Everyone else did except the ladies were squeezed out of attendance. This is probably due to too few spawns, as there were 16 other lords in attendance before Napoleon arrived. This wouldn't be a problem for any old lord but talking to the host at his own feast gives you a relations boost, so his spawning correctly has some impact on gameplay. France has 20 lords plus the Emperor, so that's a lot of spawns to provide for any given court scene. I don't suppose there's any way to prioritize the scene's owner or the factor leader.

On my way to find glory and fame, my character accidentially Harald von Schattenberg has accidentially set europe on fire  :oops: As Niftyeye wrote in a different thread, the peaceful times are a problem with the factions being unable to nominate a new marshall. As Harald is a bit nefarious, he tried some different things to get around this peaceful stage, but wasn't successful after all. At first he tried to introduce a war by asking his fellow noble buddy von Riesch (yes, he joined the Kaiserthum :wink: ) and he directed him to the netherlands to provoke them. This wasn't very helpful, as nothing really happened. So Harald told himself, if nobody gives a vote to a new marshall, i shall try. My vote may be tiny, but it's the only one, and that means i have a 100% majority. So he rode up to some austrian noble bloke (Graf Bellegarde) and asked him who should be the next marshall in his opinion. After a bit of sneaking around the point, it got clear that he wants to be promoted. SO i flatterd him a bit and said i would support him. I padded his shoulder, waved him goodbye and was angry that nothing really happened. Harald was disappointed and decided to join the french army, as they always got some action running. On his way to his Kaiser, he suddenly noticed that small white line informing me, that Graf Bellgarde was installed as the new marshall of austria. But nothing really happened, as the Kaiserthum was completely at peace. So Harald told Kaiser Franz to keep on with smoking weed and chilling on those lovely shielings.
After enlisting in the french army, he had some nice fights with the brits and prussians... and there was never any city attacked. Until Austria declared war on the french. It got really intense, as their nobles were well prepared. They launched a campaign with over 1500 soldiers and the french army hadn't a chance at all. They took over 2 cities in less than an ingame  week, including the siege battles. If you have a battle of 1500 vs 200, it doesn't really last long "out of sight".
It think they were really pissed that i changed sides, and tried to give my character some lessons. But Harald thought... what was working once, could work twice, so he asked Napoleon himself who should be the next marshall, in the hope he'd declare himself. But that bloke was in a good mood and gave to job to his buddy Massena. Now that's one of the tougher maréchals. And the other ones are obeying his orders without ever asking a single question. Pretty impressive how Massena introduced the principle of discipline to the french empire in a short time like this. He gathered a force of 14 vassals and i had some good fun in several battles with 600+ men.

Armies/campaigns of those amounts of men are an unstoppable force, as they win their battles with sheer manpower, while having almost no casualties, even if they encounter a party of a king with 300+ men... yep, they mopped up Napoleon pretty badly. They fights are very, very short, so they won't lose enough men to be stopped, their party isn't eroded by losses.... they simply don't loose. As it may be historically correct to have an alpha strike like this, it's killing the game because of the ingame mechanics. With this setup, smaller countries will be gone in some ingame days. The Duchy of Warsaw and il Regno d'Italia are too small for forces like these.
There are 3 points where it'd be possible to change the behaviour. The first one is obviously to reduce the party size of the vassals to get campaigns which are smaller and easier defeated. But this is a bit pointless, if the player has 15+ cha, and can operate 150+ men. He'd be the supreme force on the battlefield by outnumbering his enemies. A different way to change the campaign behaviour and results would be to reinforce the city garrisons. Currently the cities have garrisons of around 200, and it could be raised to 500 and above without changing the result of that 1500 steamtrain campaign. But it'd erode the armies step by step, so at some time they will be defeated and the defending army/vassals will eventually match their size to chase them out of their country. Still, small nations, like Poland, Netherlands and Italy have no room to retreat, so they will be eradicated within the first few ingame weeks. Nations like russia and france have enough space to retreat and to have their vassals building up an army to counter those large campaigns.
The third possibilty would be to shorten the length of campaigns and the amount of vassals involved by script and lord behaviour. That'd keep also bigger nations from raiding countries on the other side of the map. I think the most logical step would be a combination... to increase the number of soldiers in city garrisons an to shorten the lengths and size of campaigns.

The next bug i ran into are cannons. If you have cannons in your army, they tend to change sides if you are helping some villagers being attacked by bandits. You get some red error code messages and than you'll eat some of your own artillery fire. While it's a nice twist that those bandits are intelligent enough to buy off your artillery, it's certainly not meant this way :grin:

Also, i wrote in a different thread about the boxing event in the arena. I found that it's a lot easier to beat up the opponents in a Bruce Lee style by simply kicking them. A kick always hits, regardless if your opponent blocks or not. And he also deals more damage, causing him to stagger back, and being open to the next kick. By kicking your opponent you can earn a lot of money without ever raising the str stat or iron flesh :wink:

So, if anybody wants to have some real fun and action in alpha 1.2, he should join some factions, ask a lord about who should be the next marshal, join his favorite country, jump in the trench an put on the most protective helmet he can get. It'll get pretty intense. In my game as a mercenary enlisted in the french army, Der Rheinbund is already close to extinction shortly after dealing with the invading force of Austria. And Massena doesn't look tired a single bit. :wink:

My character is in the french army, after conquering polish fiefs I can no longer recruit the region-specific troop that is the "polisien something something" but the polish light cavalry recruit instead. I can still recruit it in fiefs owned by Poland, but once completely invaded it'll be impossible to get it.

First off, big props, really enjoying this mod!  And to think, it's only in Alpha now, can't wait to see how the release version is.  On to the (admittedly minor) bug, it seems that some trade prices are really inconsistent.  First example that comes to mind is selling ale in Salzburg; you can very quickly amass a huge fortune this way!  Is this working as intended?

Well, stuff that has most probably been adressed already (playing L'aigle 1.2, fresh installed, new game):

- Clipping problems with certain hairstyles and headwear

- Certains swords, if drawn, still have an sheathed model on the character, instead of just the sheath

- When I joined a faction (Kingdom of Italy in this case) there were several errors in the text where I swear allegiance, as was shown some posts above. Instead of "Regno Italia" my characters name appeared

- Bad spawn position when I clean a village of bandits, in this case Longano (spelling ? the village near Venezia). My troops spawned in a river

- I dont think this is intended, the Italian Guard Grenadiers Bearskin has only 10 defense, which is 12 less than a french one, and even 5 less than a normal Grenadiers Shako

While building my own empire, some features were missing. These things only appear, if you're not part of any nation.

-While ruling an independent kingdom, you can't be promoted to a suitable rank, even if you have conquered a millitary depot. The millitary liaison officer doesn't spawn. That applies to millitary depots under your own control (claiming it directly after a successful siege) and to depots which are not directly under your control (delaying the decision to give it to a vassal aftera successful siege). As the party size is tied to the millitary rank, you're bound to rely on your leadership skill, and even if you have renown over 2000+, you don't have the ressources/option to match the same party size of (potential) enemy lords, as your millitary rank will remain common scum.

-As long as you're not part of an official nation, the party moral seems to be nor applied to your troops. In this case the moral decrease of the party size seems to not work as intended. It's absolutely no problem to keep the moral at 99. The only moral decrease applied seems to be the one for troops hired from an enemy nation (When fighting the UK, UK troops are suffering a moral penalty).

-As long as you're part of an official nation, your renown seems to be capped at 1000. I had several fights worth 20+ renown mentioned on start of the battle and after victory, while the renown on the character screen remained at 997, like it was before the battle.

-If you run your own country/nation, it isn't recognised as a nation in the "reports" screen for relation to other nations. Your own nation is still recognised in the "notes" screen reporting the current nations. You can't see the relation to your own country. Maybe it's because your technically not applied to your nation as such, but that's wild guessing :wink:

Back
Top Bottom