Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you talking about this?

I5VsOCJ.jpg

If you do, these are not stars :grin:. This planet has 3 layers. First is the earth, second one are clouds and atmosphere is a third one. These points in the ocean are just small scraps of clouds and they can be fully rotated. Thank you for your opinion, Sir!

Awesome! Now, I'm missing my Freelancer game much more. - I had lent that CD to my friend, but it lost in space.

Some models from my 'wooden scene props pack'

S6IBm.jpg

ix6KM.jpg

LAB-p.jpg

viOOU.jpg

nrimj.jpg

lEuua.jpg

s9-Cw.jpg

QZGa8.jpg

ZThxm.jpg

Still doing some refinements, but this is the basic idea:

jetbike_basic01.jpg

jetbike_basic02.jpg

jetbike_basic03.jpg

490 faces, base mesh; uses a 1024, but with tons of room (base mesh gets doodads that are on the same texture).

I think it'll do for a basic concept tester.  I'm more interested in how it'll go when I get the greeble-packs built- stuff like side-bags, armor addons, spikes, etc., to give them more of a Mad Max feel :smile:

Final project for a 3d modeling course- pretty much the first thing I've made that I think looks ok at all.

admv48V.jpg

Using Maya/Substance Painter

The materials are pretty good. The different levels of detail of the objects makes the picture strange to me.
realism=modern tiles>stone>sword>skull=details of a miniature (with painted eye sockets?)

xenoargh said:
Still doing some refinements, but this is the basic idea:

jetbike_basic02.jpg
Nice. But are there no handlebars? How does the driver hold on?

Some wood stuff.

lrs3v.jpg

nj_yS.jpg
swZAn.jpg

KeljZ.jpg

ydvqu.jpg
F700L.jpg
The wheels are pretty basic. But the model is already 1900 vertices.
h9Hvf.jpg

qjI-A.jpg

ZWE3H.jpg
The texturing didn't turn out so well here, but it's quite small. Looks okay'ish in the game:
V2kG2.jpg

khMu0.jpg

h8B4x.jpg

yGZkx.jpg

Terco_Viejo said:
I'll just leave this here...

Man, we are really coming along. I wonder how much of that is applicable to realtime environments in games.

Houdini is free for non-commercial products, so it's certainly something that would be worth looking into.

Back
Top Bottom