NPC deaths

Users who are viewing this thread

This question has been on my mind for a while I'm hoping someone can shed some insight. Since NPCS can die on the battlefield and also of old age that would mean the ruler of any given faction will eventually die. How is his succession chosen can another clan takeover? Can you or other clan start a civil war for power? I think it would be a worth while feature if you could become ruler of a kingdom that already exists instead of having to start your own, or even if the balance of power can shift within a kingdom due to influence/clan strength etc in your favor or an NPC clans favor. I've been keeping up with all the updates/dev blogs but I don't think anything of the sort was ever mentioned.

They can die and succession appears to be elective with each clan spending influence to support their chosen successor. I'm sure it was mentioned in a devblog but I would need to search through a few to find it.

Some of the clan and kingdom features might not be in the beta from the start though, we dont fully know which though.

I kind of wish it were based on inheritance. Or at least that this were the case for certain factions. It makes sense for Battania, the Empire, maybe even Khuzait and Sturgia. But I feel like I'd like to, at the very least, see hereditary rule in Vlandia and Aserai. It just feels right for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom