North & South: Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

HarbingerOfDoom said:
I think slowing down the running speed would be a good thing for the general feel of linebattles. It would in a way reduce the fastness with which linebattles are plagued and perhaps add a more realistic feel to the game.

Just dont make it into a Seccsion Moving speed.

Father Jack said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:
I think slowing down the running speed would be a good thing for the general feel of linebattles. It would in a way reduce the fastness with which linebattles are plagued and perhaps add a more realistic feel to the game.

Just dont make it into a Seccsion Moving speed.
No, certainly not. It is really a shame this game doesn't have a stamina system, it would be perfect.
Also, greatcoats in some future episode...greaaaaatcoooooats http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rvYtoy1NUM

I'm not sure if it is possible with the game engine, but it would be very cool if sappers could build trenches. Expanding on that, it would be even cooler if you could connect these trenches and make a whole system!

Artaxias said:
I'm not sure if it is possible with the game engine, but it would be very cool if sappers could build trenches. Expanding on that, it would be even cooler if you could connect these trenches and make a whole system!
it's possible, but they would have to be "above ground", with mounds of earth on either side of them. They would still be trenches but it would maybe give an unfair advantage - charging cavalry could jump over "true" trenches without sacrificing any momentum, on built up earth beside a trench they could not.

Another annoying thing i noticed about this mod - bullets whizzing past are making a modern supersonic "crack" sound.
I should probably take this opportunity to inform that even the hotter loads of this period (except maybe on the lorenz when used with true austrian manufactured ammunition - which afaik wasnt in use in the civil war) scarcely projected lead faster than 900 feet-per-second. The sound barrier is 1100 feet-per-second. The bullets should not be breaking the sound barrier and we should not be hearing a crack sound.

Harry_ said:
Another annoying thing i noticed about this mod - bullets whizzing past are making a modern supersonic "crack" sound.
I should probably take this opportunity to inform that even the hotter loads of this period (except maybe on the lorenz when used with true austrian manufactured ammunition - which afaik wasnt in use in the civil war) scarcely projected lead faster than 900 feet-per-second. The sound barrier is 1100 feet-per-second. The bullets should not be breaking the sound barrier and we should not be hearing a crack sound.

Aye. As cool as the miniature sonic boom may sound, it just didn't happen.

Harry_ said:
Artaxias said:
it's possible, but they would have to be "above ground", with mounds of earth on either side of them. They would still be trenches but it would maybe give an unfair advantage - charging cavalry could jump over "true" trenches without sacrificing any momentum, on built up earth beside a trench they could not...

Oh too bad, that would've been cool :'(

My Suggestions:

-Fixable Bayonets (I know someone suggested this before but I just had to say it once again because it was an awesome Feature in Secession)
-Bleeding and Bandages (just like in Secession)
-Ammo Boxes (may sappers should be able to place them...)
-Uniforms for Corporals and Sergeants

Carban said:
My Suggestions:

-Fixable Bayonets (I know someone suggested this before but I just had to say it once again because it was an awesome Feature in Secession)
-Bleeding and Bandages (just like in Secession)
-Ammo Boxes (may sappers should be able to place them...)
I believe (it may have been just a rumor) that the next release for N&S is going to take away the bayoneted and bayonetless guns, and add in guns with the ability to fix and unfix bayonets, which changes stats like speed and accuracy when shooting.

I, personally, love when a game is visually appealing. I have been looking, and I thought it would be cool if you could somehow make it so you could... I don't know make it so you could pick individual ranks and put them onto the private class so you could have a CPL and so on. Just my luck, this is probably impossible, but let me know, I thought it would be cool.

Cyco_Tatertot said:
I, personally, love when a game is visually appealing. I have been looking, and I thought it would be cool if you could somehow make it so you could... I don't know make it so you could pick individual ranks and put them onto the private class so you could have a CPL and so on. Just my luck, this is probably impossible, but let me know, I thought it would be cool.
Vincenzo spoke briefly about a very similar topic. If this were to be added, the server would have to load a LOT more models (or changes in models, it really doesn't matter), making the server lag drastically more.

Sir Audiate said:
Cyco_Tatertot said:
Vincenzo spoke briefly about a very similar topic. If this were to be added, the server would have to load a LOT more models (or changes in models, it really doesn't matter), making the server lag drastically more.
Oh, ok. I guess that would make sense, lot more data to be loaded all at once while everyone is joining server, or something of the sort.

(Avoiding a pyramid...)

Yes, you have the basic idea. Depending on the server strength, what you're talking about COULD work, but not with a lot of people.

Sir Audiate said:
Cyco_Tatertot said:

We removed 80 % of the unit models (russians, french, british and so in), so this will give us new space to add many new uniforms for different ranks, right? :wink:

I don't consider random public games when suggesting things. Only take into account events and organized line battles. Some might be okay for randoms aswell.

Suggestion for melee:

- Add Right Swing Animation with cross swing attack with the musket butt for bayonet musket.

Suggestion for ranged:

- Increase accuracy for 5% rounded up across all rifles.
- Increase reload time ( meaning slower reloads ) for 10% rounded down.

( despite the improvements in the musket making, especially barrels, the reload sequence didn't change until the introduction of the capsule, late in war. Also the armies were composed mainly of civilian volunteers ).

Suggestion for Troops/Class/etc

- Normalize difference between infantry and light infantry classes.

All regiments had a skirmishers company during ACW, usually first or last letters. So no entire regiments of skirmishers.

- Random equipment for CSA Dragoons ( pistols, revolvers, sabres, sawed-off shotguns, etc )

Most detachments at the breakout were rounded of whatever volunteers with whatever equipment they could bring as opposite to Union which actually, most regular units at the time were indeed, cavalry.

- Increased horsemanship for CSA Dragoons

The South relied much more on horses in everyday life.

Well it could be ranks everybody knows, PVT, CPL, SGT, simple stuff. Maybe one or two more ranks and boom. I guess :/

Fall of Denial said:
Not really a suggestion but why are servers so laggy in North and South?
Its either because you are NA and its you might be on an EU server or they are messing around with them. I don't know. :/

Back
Top Bottom