North & South: Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

The cavalry sabre model is the same model as the Officer sword model, for apparent historical reasons. If the cavalry sabre model was made longer, surely the devs would make the officer sword model (since it's the same mode) longer as well.

Sir Audiate said:
Thvle said:
I think that would be great news if you could reload his musket still moving, because many times it is annoying. You move a little, and you can not reload.

I believe that doing so can't be very difficult, and I appreciate everyone.

Try reloading a single-shot rifle or musket while walking, and come back to me.

I've heard from multiple re-enactors (napoleonic) that it's quite possible to reload your musket while walking.

Vicccard said:
I've heard from multiple re-enactors (napoleonic) that it's quite possible to reload your musket while walking.

Well, of course it's possible. It's just slightly harder. Firing and advancing and reloading is difficult because every time you walk, you "bounce." Obviously, try to ram a shot would be a pain in the ass while walking, same for priming a shot.

I would suggest making certain lag inducing areas, such as cornfields, smaller on certain maps. Manassas being one of them. I can run with a decent 50 fps on most maps, but Manassas drops down to about 10-15 fps. Seeing as most LB' s are hosted on it, it creates quite a problem for people without super NASA computers.

Gladiator12 said:
I would suggest making certain lag inducing areas, such as cornfields, smaller on certain maps. Manassas being one of them. I can run with a decent 50 fps on most maps, but Manassas drops down to about 10-15 fps. Seeing as most LB' s are hosted on it, it creates quite a problem for people without super NASA computers.

Glad to know that I'm not the only person that gets extreme lag now with N&S. This started with .4 with the introduction of new building textures and these new cornfields and massive bunches of "wheat" all together. I know you guys are going for a very realistic look, but keep in mind not everyone has super computers. I used to be able to run this mod on high settings with 120fps, now i struggle on almost every map to get higher than 50-60fps.

Rigadoon said:
Dithon1 said:
The light cavalry sabre. It's too sodding small. It looks good when sheathed, but when out, it's not very impressive.
When I made it I measured the blade length in OpenBRF to be exactly that of the real thing.

It isn't the length of the blade that bothers me, it's the width.

Dithon1 said:
It isn't the length of the blade that bothers me, it's the width.

Don't tell me you're looking for this.
Buster_Sword_-_Crisis_Core.png

Dithon1 said:
just a tad too thin.

If it's just a tad too thin, is it really that important to fix it? :wink:

I mean, if a lot more people wanted a wider sword model, it might already be made. You're the only one I've heard about this from, though.

Sir Audiate said:
Dithon1 said:
just a tad too thin.

If it's just a tad too thin, is it really that important to fix it? :wink:

I mean, if a lot more people wanted a wider sword model, it might already be made. You're the only one I've heard about this from, though.

That sword model's bugged me since Secession. Just something I needed to get out of my system. Not something I really expect to be fixed.

kpetschulat said:
Vicccard said:

Well, of course it's possible. It's just slightly harder. Firing and advancing and reloading is difficult because every time you walk, you "bounce." Obviously, try to ram a shot would be a pain in the ass while walking, same for priming a shot.

I don't think it would be a problem to implement it so long as it's limited to walking, not running, and the reloading time is increased.

SkylarTR said:
kpetschulat said:
Vicccard said:

I don't think it would be a problem to implement it so long as it's limited to walking, not running, and the reloading time is increased.

WFaS had moving gun reloads, which was incredibly stupid since you could practically run and reload if your firearms skill was good enough. Leave it as it is. It's very hardto reload and move.

Is it currently possible to have troops in a commander battle fix/unfix bayonets? If not, is it planned to implement this?

gcleaner said:
Is it currently possible to have troops in a commander battle fix/unfix bayonets? If not, is it planned to implement this?

I think the commander battles are going to be a later-plan... but it's pretty possible to add a command for fixing bayonets, I'm sure... I'm just not sure how it would work. It's good you brought it up, though, I still don't think it's very high on the list of things for the developers to do.

Sir Audiate said:
Also, kpets, what's going on? 65% watched? :shock:

It's because of another thread. "DAT ARSE" I posted a picture of a really fat girl, with her ass hanging our of her pants, and they all didn't like it. Someone reported me for spamming and trolling... I've been muted for the past couple weeks actually. Just got talk power back.

Back
Top Bottom