Nordous' Sceners Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

Vivar said:
Hey, new multiplayer scenes are actually somewhat demanded. As long as they don't contain any non-native props, you can make a topic on some multiplayer board and server-owners may pick your scenes to host them. That worked for me once.
Yeah, already did this before.
Nice update btw.
Also did some new scenes in Native, hopefully they will be on Wolfpack siege soon.
9k4v316gbqd8.jpg

Incredible, as usual!

Please let know once they start hosting it.

Btw, did you consider joining any mod as a scener? :smile:

Vivar said:
Hey, new multiplayer scenes are actually somewhat demanded. As long as they don't contain any non-native props, you can make a topic on some multiplayer board and server-owners may pick your scenes to host them. That worked for me once.
Yeah, already did this before.
Nice update btw.
Also did some new scenes in Native, hopefully they will be on Wolfpack siege soon.
9k4v316gbqd8.jpg
I am pretty convinced you're god.

That is really awesome; looks fantastic!

Btw, did you consider joining any mod as a scener?
I am still waiting for a multiplayer version of 1257 or another well done multiplayer mod in the (high)-middle ages. I never really enjoyed playing Vikingr or cRPG. But as long as there is none I will keep on doing native maps and doing some smaller changes in my own module.
Why is the sky purple though?
I was testing around a bit with the skyboxes and the sun. But the main reason is probably, that I am colorblind. But I would not use that skybox anyway, because it has low resolution if you zoom in.
Please let know once they start hosting it.
Yea, will do it. Dont expect too much though, the textures and the great Terrain Borders from Fantasy Warriors mod make the scene always look like 50% better. ^^

Thank you, guys!

Please note that this is a work in progress - half of the castle insides are not done yet, no correct terrain borders and some details may yet change. Plus I'l have to do all the AI meshing... :neutral:

Otherwise, I will keep up my work for ACoK and will also be helping the devs of AoC II.

mike56 said:
I can't see the images yet  :sad:
Can you upload them to greywool? It's the best image hoster.

Oh, ok, I'll take my time in the evening today.

And I would also use this opportunity to encourage you guys to support your favourite (or just plain good) mods. Though scenning is a rather simple thing to comprehed comparing with some advanced stuff like coding and 3D-modeling, I tend to conclude that 80% of mods here in the community lack systematic scening work. In many cases it holds them from releasing.

So, guys, I believe that improving our communications can help our best mods to get even bigger and better. If you're a scenner - don't be afraid to engage. You may not be a pro, but amature scene is better than no scene at all, and most of the devs are likely to share their know-hows and scenning tips with you to make your experience good and fun. If you make a mod or know someone who makes a mod and needs a scenner - please PM me and I'll add your announcement to the opening post.

And don't forget that I'd love to add your tutorial or scenning work to the topic just as well.

Cheers all and thanks for your great participation!

Nordous said:
And don't forget that I'd love to add your tutorial or scenning work to the topic just as well.

Here's my tutorial I made about a year ago.  It's very basic and I don't mean to gloat but I did a pretty good job for those that know nothing about making a scene and giving them some direction.

hiner said:
Here's my tutorial I made about a year ago.  It's very basic and I don't mean to gloat but I did a pretty good job for those that know nothing about making a scene and giving them some direction.
It's a great tutorial, although, would you mind expanding on your entry points list? :smile: Lairs, taverns, and a few other scenes are missing from that.

Nordous, you could add my mod to the list, I still need a few scenes. We also have two very good sceners that beginners could learn from. :smile:

Nordous said:
amature scene is better than no scene at all
I wouldnt say that's true. I've seen some pretty terrible scene work in otherwise good mods, and that just makes the mod as a whole look terrible. I seem to recall that Gabrilduros mods have horrible scenes in them, which make a bad mod to be beyond any salvation. Cant think of any other mods, it's been so damn long, but my point stands.

Indeed. When choosing a mod, scenes and props are my ultimate concern about it. In other words, that's why the only mods I have installed are Diplomacy, PW and Bellum Imperii (which is still not complete in that regard).

The Bowman said:
Indeed. When choosing a mod, scenes and props are my ultimate concern about it. In other words, that's why the only mods I have installed are Diplomacy, PW and Bellum Imperii (which is still not complete in that regard).

A Clash of Kings, which Nordous is currently creating yet another scene for, has more than 140 unique scenes, ranging from ordinary villages, castles and towns, to unique quest hubs. All of them where created specifically for ACOK, mostly by me and Caractacus.

Also, a lot of the normal scenes have had various unique scene props added, to make them more interesting to run around in.

Back
Top Bottom