Nordous' Sceners Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

Cool, that's a good tutorial.

Also,
The Dark Robin said:
Nordous, you could add my mod to the list of recruiting mods, I still need a few scenes. We also have two very good sceners that beginners could learn from. :smile:

If my computer is slightly too small to access the blue slider at the bottom of the ground color section, is there a way to set all the sliders to 1 or 255? All the sliders started at 1, and I managed to create a nice blood color for the ground, but now I'm unable to recreate it, suddenly, all the sliders set themselves to 255 and the blue slider is stuck there now. :???:

AYBn-.png

The Dark Robin said:
If my computer is slightly too small to access the blue slider at the bottom of the ground color section, is there a way to set all the sliders to 1 or 255? All the sliders started at 1, and I managed to create a nice blood color for the ground, but now I'm unable to recreate it, suddenly, all the sliders set themselves to 255 and the blue slider is stuck there now. :???:

AYBn-.png

The same problem! Some buttons and sliders are beyond the screen and...

Ruthven said:
You can move the edit mode window and resize it so that you can see all the colour sliders.

...this doesn't help. The boxes don't resize for me, neither they stick properly when I try to move them. So the bottommost buttons and scrollers are almost inaccessable for me.

My screen is not tall enough for that. I can move it to the left and right, but moving it up just causes it to revert back to it's original place before I can click on anything.

The Dark Robin said:
My screen is not tall enough for that. I can move it to the left and right, but moving it up just causes it to revert back to it's original place before I can click on anything.

Exactly. It doesn't stick or remain in the desired place.

Seems like it's something that has to do with desctop or game resolution - I'll try meddling with that.

What do you guys have as your screen resolution for the game?  Just in case, I use the setting "Use Desktop's Resolution" and my editor is all good.

Adorno said:
It's a well known problem (not being able to resize the scene editor windows).
Increase resolution - to the highest if necessary - and if it doesn't work you're screwed.

(Mine is 1920 x 1080).

Well, I don't really think I'm screwed anyway since I've been scenning like this for all these years. :lol:

Adorno said:
It's a well known problem (not being able to resize the scene editor windows).
Increase resolution - to the highest if necessary - and if it doesn't work you're screwed.

(Mine is 1920 x 1080).

It didn't do anything. :???:

Adorno said:
Nordous said:
Well, I don't really think I'm screwed anyway since I've been scenning like this for all these years. :lol:
Well, I meant you're screwed if you want to paint the ground but can't see the bottom of the window, even at maximum resolution.  :smile:

My scenes don't contain artificial colors and conservatives, haha! :lol:

But seriously. Actually I wanted to ask for help with something a bit more troubling.

Nordous said:
Added first video tutorial on scenning by Randall Hiner.

I've found out that I have exactly the same problem with AI mesh that was accidentaly demonstrated in Hiner's tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bnipiwUW7rk#t=2660 - right timing in the vid, or 44:20).

The problem is, when I hit the "Create AI mesh", the game crashes. Unlike Hiner, I didn't cancel it so we've got an error message to ponder on which says:  "Too many verticles(67736) for one mesh, split the mesh "AI_vertex_mesh" (material: "vertex_color_blend_mat)".

Hiner solved this by doing the meshing manually, which is definitely not the case for me - I've got a scene of the biggest size available and manually meshing it will take, what, a month? :lol:

The weird thing is that the button worked fine for me in somewhat 1.153 or close, back then when I was scenning a year or two ago. And since Hinter didn't have giant scene size or many props in it, this should not be the cause for me as I first suspected.

Any ideas how to fix that?

The Bowman said:
Download AltMove Manager. It should help you to move any window by holding Alt while moving the editor's window with the mouse.

Thank you, this solved the problem. :smile:

Nordous said:
I've found out that I have exactly the same problem with AI mesh that was accidentaly demonstrated in Hiner's tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bnipiwUW7rk#t=2660 - right timing in the vid, or 44:20).

The problem is, when I hit the "Create AI mesh", the game crashes. Unlike Hiner, I didn't cancel it so we've got an error message to ponder on which says:  "Too many verticles(67736) for one mesh, split the mesh "AI_vertex_mesh" (material: "vertex_color_blend_mat)".

Hiner solved this by doing the meshing manually, which is definitely not the case for me - I've got a scene of the biggest size available and manually meshing it will take, what, a month? :lol:

The weird thing is that the button worked fine for me in somewhat 1.153 or close, back then when I was scenning a year or two ago. And since Hinter didn't have giant scene size or many props in it, this should not be the cause for me as I first suspected.

Any ideas how to fix that?

Funny how you mention this, cause it's happened quite a few times for me.  Most annoyingly when trying to make a castle scene and everyone just kept walking into walls.  The only way I could remotely fix this was to add AI limiters EVERYWHERE, but still the NPCs kept walking into the invisible walls set up by the limiters themselves.

EDIT:  Here's a multiplayer scene, very early WIP, that I'm making for the Iron Europe mod.

AFBBDD315799CD9C9DC26C5B0FF5CA9D07123AC8
935D07EEDFC9ED12E661504074B9E5E5776BAB00
30E7EA9C882F5BD95768768F048AE22514541148
9227B137A90B666F3F3D7B5C3C4A5A0083F52080

Back
Top Bottom