Non-steam pre-orders at Gamers Gate

Users who are viewing this thread

SeanBeansShako said:
VAT and the fact STEAM and other download sites need a little of the cut for hosting too.

Steam isn't really worth touching unless it's something on sale (which is usually the price they should be charging in the first place). Many of their games are nearly double the retail price for a physical copy.

Nordmann said:
SeanBeansShako said:
VAT and the fact STEAM and other download sites need a little of the cut for hosting too.

Steam isn't really worth touching unless it's something on sale (which is usually the price they should be charging in the first place). Many of their games are nearly double the retail price for a physical copy.

They save you the trip to the store however, and it keeps your games up to date.  Plus you don't need disks to launch your games, if you buy them all from steam.

The reason why Paradox is suddenly doing DLC for Warband as well as pumping out funding for several more games this year is because both the sales from STEAM and the fact they've stopped doing physical copies of their games.

DarkAngel_ogz said:
MaHuD said:
Turks_can_buy_it_in_a_Collctor;s_diton_for_Thirty_Turkbucks.(INcluds,M&B,Warband,WFaS_and_NW)

Its actually a great price cuz 30 TL (turkish liras) is about 15$ and for m&b+warband+Wfas+nw it is just great! I would totally buy that. And i probably will.  :grin:
Hm geuss so, but most people would already have one of those.
And its pretty pointnless to have both M&B and warband.
But I geuss thats what makes it a collector's edition.

It looks like the reasons why this DLC has the same price in euro and dollars is not understoodby many people so I will try to explain it.
I happens for mainly 3 reasons:

-the difference between VAT (value added tax) between Europe and the U.S.A. This tax, applied to videogames too, makes everything more expensive in Europe, basically. There is some kind of VAT also in the U.S.A., but it's much lower;
-on average europeans are willing to spend more than north-americans for videogames, so when a new game costs 50-60€ in europe, pricing it 80$ (when that follows the right conversion rate between the currencies) in the U.S.A. would make it too expensive for many people;
-the companies that sell videogames need to mantain the "psychological effect" of prices such as 9.95€/$ or 29.99 €/$ or 49.99 €/$ or whatever, so the easiest solution is to just leave the price unchanged, even if a € is currently worth more than a $.

I will end saying that this happens for most of the games, on steam and elsewhere, not just for this DLC, and yes it can be annoying.
By the way I think it's an excellent price for such a DLC, since I enjoy M&M very much, and I know the devs put a lot of effort into NW.

As I thought, the prices seem to be varies by the countries/ part of the world. If there is a retailer/DVD version here like Warband did, the price will surely be under 7 euroes.  :cool:

To people who complained about the different in price : Battlefied 3 Limited Edition used to cost 22.8 Euro here while the rest of the world selling it at 49 Euro. The DVD version of Warband only cost 14.2 Euro here, while it cost 17.14 Euro on steam...

It has to be this way becuase our currency is weaker than Europe and America, also most people here love to pirate than buy the actual game...

EDIT : Just knew that there will not be boxed version.  :cry:

Nordmann said:
SeanBeansShako said:

This doesn't apply to North America. Unlike Europe and Australia our stores actually have pretty uniform prices for new games.

Also I don't get charged any taxes when buying digital copies :grin: except on Origin  :evil:

avion365 said:
Can we have a Steam per-order, so i don't have to buy it the day of?

They were in talks with VALVE last weekend, I'm sorry but it isn't happening. Going have to day one download with the rest of us.

I have no idea what happened in those talks of course, but I find it odd Steam isn't even advertising the release. Probably something to do with money though.

I bought Warband for less than the DLC... Paid 8 bucks for Warband when it first came out because I found a great sale online.....oh well though, it's worth 10 bucks.
Once I have time....You have my purchase

Krimdor said:
*facepalmmyself* I forgot FotS, damn lol...
Excuse my foolishness :wink:

Don't worry that was a stand alone expansion, not DLC.

But I wanted to ask if anyone knows when Gamersgate will post their pre-orders, will it be for release day?

Back
Top Bottom