No cavalry bonus at sieges

Users who are viewing this thread

a_ver_est

Knight at Arms
Yap, finally!!! Cavalry don't get bonus at sieges with the new beta !!!! Oh yeah!!! let's do a party at my castle!!!! ... oh wait!!! parties are not implemented!! augh!!! :razz:

Seriously, did you notice any diference in your campaings now that it has been tunned as requested?

Yap, finally!!! Cavalry don't get bonus at sieges with the new beta !!!! Oh yeah!!! let's do a party at my castle!!!! ... oh wait!!! parties are not implemented!! augh!!! :razz:

Seriously, did you notice any diference in your campaings now that it has been tunned as requested?
It was a necessary nerf, but it does not seem to have impacted Khuzait snowballing. I think in the end this nerf doesn't make much difference because the AI would not siege castles that they could possibly lose (unless the player is involved).

Their cultural bonus is just too strong and needs to be changed.

Luckily in the upcoming 1.5.6 the AI will focus much more on survival so the Khuzait wont be as much of a problem.

It was a necessary nerf, but it does not seem to have impacted Khuzait snowballing. I think in the end this nerf doesn't make much difference because the AI would not siege castles that they could possibly lose (unless the player is involved).

Their cultural bonus is just too strong and needs to be changed.

Luckily in the upcoming 1.5.6 the AI will focus much more on survival so the Khuzait wont be as much of a problem.
Their cultural bonus does not need to be changed at all. Part of their strength is geographic protection against others and their more easily able to funnel forces early.

Rebellions need to be implemented and new factions splinter off is how you fix it. The Imperial trait, their main opponent they steal land from, needs to be reworked, and Aserai need Camels to give bonuses trans versing Desert that Khuzait don’t get

Their cultural bonus does not need to be changed at all. Part of their strength is geographic protection against others and their more easily able to funnel forces early.

Rebellions need to be implemented and new factions splinter off is how you fix it. The Imperial trait, their main opponent they steal land from, needs to be reworked, and Aserai need Camels to give bonuses trans versing Desert that Khuzait don’t get
Khuzaits mixture of mounted troops and a 10% campaign map movement speed for cav bonus makes their parties near impossible to catch for other AI lords. Khuzait lords get to freely choose their engagements which quickly saps away their enemies power. This is on top of the fact they are the faction who benefits the most from the +20% bonus to cavs in autocalc. Removing the +20% bonus for cavs during sieges does almost nothing as the AI don't siege in situations where they might lose.

Rebellions will be nice, but won't stop the fact that the Khuzait have the tactical superiority of speed and never being run down.

Huraaay :grin:

I just wonder if making khuz fast but fragile (lowering hp or smth, in calc also) would help the situation or it would be just pain for player to replace them every battle with recruits

Khuzaits mixture of mounted troops and a 10% campaign map movement speed for cav bonus makes their parties near impossible to catch for other AI lords. Khuzait lords get to freely choose their engagements which quickly saps away their enemies power. This is on top of the fact they are the faction who benefits the most from the +20% bonus to cavs in autocalc. Removing the +20% bonus for cavs during sieges does almost nothing as the AI don't siege in situations where they might lose.

Rebellions will be nice, but won't stop the fact that the Khuzait have the tactical superiority of speed and never being run down.
Yeah but it makes us FEEL better, it just was too dum to think the game gave them a bonus in a situation where they weren't using their horse.
They also manage to grab recruits faster and re-stock food (and not starve) do to their movement.

I kinda like them having an advantage though and would like other counters more then just nerfing their movement bonus.
First other factions need = powerful advantages for the AI, that the AI can use
Second we need functions that punish AI over extending too much.

Yeah but it makes us FEEL better, it just was too dum to think the game gave them a bonus in a situation where they weren't using their horse.
They also manage to grab recruits faster and re-stock food (and not starve) do to their movement.

I kinda like them having an advantage though and would like other counters more then just nerfing their movement bonus.
First other factions need = powerful advantages for the AI, that the AI can use
Second we need functions that punish AI over extending too much.
Yeah I mean regardless of if it does anything Cav shouldn't get the bonus for sieges.

I definitely agree that they might seem less op if the other factions had decent combat related bonuses.

Honestly thought the Khuzait cultural bonus just makes me feel like they are double dipping in Cav speed bonus. Because cav already get a speed bonus regardless of culture and the Khuzait have the most cav in their armies. So even without their cultural bonus they are still going to be faster than the majority of other lords.

I think if they want to stick to non-combat I would say change the khuzait bonus to increase scouting or something like that. Like let the khuzait see farther away so their situational awareness is good, but like their enemies can actually catch them.

Back
Top Bottom